Parasite (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Mar 12, 2018
UK
Release date: June 1, 2020
Purchase links: HMV - Amazon UK - Zavvi - Zoom
Price: £22.00 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zavvi - HMV) - £29.99 (Zoom)
Notes: Region B Locked

Parasite 1.jpg
Parasite 3.jpg Parasite 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Parasite Chrome edition!

Or Ebony & Ivory edition, Salt & Pepper edition, Zebra Edition, take your pick!

What a gimmick. In this day of 4K TV's why would you want to watch a black and white version of a colour movie?
Details from the director about the Black and White Cut

Reactions: Funashi
Parasite Chrome edition!

What a gimmick. In this day of 4K TV's why would you want to watch a black and white version of a colour movie?

Bit of trivia for you, Frank Darabont originally wanted to present his 2007 movie The Mist in black and white but the studio thought that might harm its box office. So the B/W version was an extra on the home release instead, which I thought looked great.

Anyway, each to their own.

Reactions: GeoRattray
Parasite Chrome edition!

Well, some of us did with Logan, never watched it in color :thumbs:

Each to their own ;)

Reactions: Punker76
Logan is fantastic in black and white. Really works

When it’s a bonus disc to the original release then why is it a issue. Mist, Logan, this you just get with the release. just another way to watch the film. When it’s done like mad max and released later down the line I get it being a bit of a cop out but still a different way to watch the movie

Reactions: Punker76
I watched Black and White version in the theater and It was absolutely fantastic. But i think it’s very subjective.

Reactions: Premises
Do these black and white versions of modern films look any different to the colour version with the colour on your tv turned all the way down?

Do these black and white versions of modern films look any different to the colour version with the colour on your tv turned all the way down?
Yes, good black and white conversion is not an easy task. A lot of work is done with local contrast, specific color conversions etc. At least, it’s how i work with photography, i assume it should be similar with film)))

Parasite Chrome edition!

I know, I mean in this day and age of high-definition streaming, why would you want to watch a film on a physical medium?

PS Ordered :thanks:

• Haha
Reactions: GeoRattray
I know, I mean in this day and age of high-definition streaming, why would you want to watch a film on a physical medium?

PS Ordered :thanks:
Because some of us love tangible media between our fingers covered in cotton gloves :thumbs:

Each to their own :naughty:

PS ordered this too

Reactions: moonbucket