Pirates of the Caribbean : Curse of the Black Pearl (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: 6th of April, 2015
Price: £49.99 (£19.99 if purchased with ZBOX)
Purchase Link: Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl
Limited to 3K.

11070532-1421414480-427371.jpg

11070532-1421414480-427423.jpg 11070532-1421414480-427431.jpg 11070532-1421414480-427504.jpg 11070532-1421414480-427513.jpg 11070532-1421414480-427521.jpg

Other editions:
Curse of the Black Pearl || Dead Man Chest || At World's End

Last edited:
sorry but all 3 design are really bad. dont own the fs steels and thought maybe i can make a good deal.
but its a easy pass at all!

Shame they won't match my pirates 4 (which they obviously were not gonna do it as that was HMV) but glad they are coming. Buying them the second they come out

This is what I was expecting from Zavvi of all three treatments. Yes, they look a lot like the regular Amaray releases, and yes they are fairly simple. However, I think that these will look very nice in-hand. If they're all finished with gloss and simple embossing/debossing, I don't think they will completely disappoint. The continuity of the set looks very decent. Looking forward to these!

Reactions: schrute farms
It has a Roger Rabbit vibe about it (don't ask why :)), and the price is fair. Too bad I can't put an order in, ahem I'm moving house. By mentioning this all the time I hope Zavvi is paying attention.

Are we certain these will all be 1 disc sets? Only there are 2 discs editions with a bonus feature disc in all 3...

£16 (each, £48 (€63) for all 3 and your not even completing the series!!!) for a one disc catalogue release. Zavvi, you're having a giraffe!!!

Well happy with my 4 Canadian editions ;)

It says in Zavvi's own description on the listing that the no of discs is 1.

Yet it says on the product description 2 discs.

"Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl pulses with heart pounding excitement in a Blu-ray 2-disc set created from the original digital source files. Starring Johnny Depp, Disney's action-packed thrill ride delivers more mile-a-minute adventure than ever in this mind-boggling format."

Yet it says on the product description 2 discs.

"Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl pulses with heart pounding excitement in a Blu-ray 2-disc set created from the original digital source files. Starring Johnny Depp, Disney's action-packed thrill ride delivers more mile-a-minute adventure than ever in this mind-boggling format."
Plus I believe Toy Story 3 was listed as a 1 disc but the steelbook came with 2 discs anyway.

Given the artwork is hardly very woopdedoo, I think its the least they can do at this rate.

They look Ok to me on the front at least. Very similar to the UK Amaray release.
I personally am not bothered about the back as I display my steels showing the front or on a shelf seeing the spine.
If they come out like the recent Disney steels and the Indy Steels then they should be good
The cost of the FS steels second hand is just too high so for us collectors later to the party these are welcomed

A day one buy for me as 3000 is not that big a run

What a big disappointment all round, not a patch on the original US releases. What a waste of back art, it takes up barely 1/2 of it and what is with the bars at the top and bottom of the inside art? You see the nominations for Steelbook of the year and then look at these? Poor!

It says in Zavvi's own description on the listing that the no of discs is 1.
Zavvi very often only list in Product Details Number of Discs: 1 for lot of releases that are in fact 2 or 3 discs
I never go by what the product details info is with Zavvi as most of the time its wrong

The Description has Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl pulses with heart pounding excitement in a Blu-ray 2-disc set

It has a Roger Rabbit vibe about it (don't ask why :)), and the price is fair. Too bad I can't put an order in, ahem I'm moving house. By mentioning this all the time I hope Zavvi is paying attention.
UpsetSmiley - See my latest update in the retailer thread - Zavvi - Retailer chat[Europe]. Essentially, the ICO has encouraged me to encourage people in your situation to submit formal complaints to Zavvi and themselves ([email protected]). If they receive enough, then they might actually do something about it!