Resident Evil Collection (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

Dec 13, 2018
Release date: November 24, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €100.32 (Amazon) - €99.99 (FNAC)

3DD5E000-C005-4943-B0A2-C9A0F4C1E6BA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I most certainly won't be lol i really like the image, had it been a standard steel I'd probably have bitten, with a price drop.
In the past I have "slimmed down" a jumbo to a normal G2 size by taking the plates off and transferring them to a another regular inner tray and making a custom spine

In the past I have "slimmed down" a jumbo to a normal G2 size by taking the plates off and transferring them to a another regular inner tray and making a custom spine
I would 100% mess that up if i tried lol i do own 2 custom slimmed jumbos other people have done though (futureshop up and German Jurassic Park trilogy) and they woth work pretty well tbf.

I would 100% mess that up if i tried lol i do own 2 custom slimmed jumbos other people have done though (futureshop up and German Jurassic Park trilogy) and they woth work pretty well tbf.
How does that go? How did you remove the metal part?

How does that go? How did you remove the metal part?
Well the metal plates on the front and back are exactly the same size as those on standard size G2 steelbooks. It's just the plastic housing beneath that is jumbo sized.

So you'd remove the plates and fix them to the plastic housing of a standard size steel (that you've already removed the original steel plates from), then add custom interior art and spine to match.

I've not removed them myself, so I can't tell you first hand how to do it. There are plenty of guides about though. I've just bought versions from people that have slimmed them down themselves.

• Informative
Reactions: komor
Well the metal plates on the front and back are exactly the same size as those on standard size G2 steelbooks. It's just the plastic housing beneath that is jumbo sized.

So you'd remove the plates and fix them to the plastic housing of a standard size steel (that you've already removed the original steel plates from), then add custom interior art and spine to match.

I've not removed them myself, so I can't tell you first hand how to do it. There are plenty of guides about though. I've just bought versions from people that have slimmed them down themselves.
I read/heard that removing the spine is quite tricky. Never tried it myself - I just remove dents when necessary.

Reactions: samdavies
I read/heard that removing the spine is quite tricky. Never tried it myself - I just remove dents when necessary.
Yup, that's the part that gets me too. Adding interior art or removing dents isn't that complex, but transplanting an entire new steel like that, inc the spine, I imagine would be ni on impossible for me.

Reactions: komor
Yup, that's the part that gets me too. Adding interior art or removing dents isn't that complex, but transplanting an entire new steel like that, inc the spine, I imagine would be ni on impossible for me.

Would be interesting to know how you remove the dents. Here is my way: I take a metal ruler and put it on the part I want to undent and then edit it with a threaded rod and a hammer. I have the problem that they aren´t removed completely with that, but it´s better than before.

I'm always wondering, why the better product, ironpaks and Viva metal cases, aren't the industry standard. We could've been collecting them, instead of flimsy plastbooks. One push in post, and the plastic spine cracks all the way, and you receive two separate parts.

Did anyone ever purchase this and have some detailed pictures? Can't see to find any online or videos even.
Why would anyone buy it, if the US boxset was selling for $55-60 these past few months.