Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray FuturePak) (Fox Direct Exclusive) [UK]

zoneism

Steel Player
Premium Supporter
Mar 8, 2012
Looks like Fox Direct (UK) are going to be doing their own exclusives on Play.com. Have spotted a couple of titles, one of which is Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (Fox Direct Exclusive Blu-ray Futurepak) and the other is Fight Club (Fox Direct Exclusive Blu-ray Futurepak)

Release Date: 26th May 2014
Price: £17.99
Pre-order Link: Here
Print Run: Limited to only 500 units!!!
Group Buy: HERE <<< click

Main Artwork
image.jpg

Other Artwork
63777216_500x500_1.jpg

63777216_500x500_3.jpg

63777216_500x500_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess fellow Ninjas are gonna be annoyed by this but........
What is Futurepak? How does it differ from Steelbook?

Hope I'm not barred from this site for being a dumb ass!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cprodrigues
I guess fellow Ninjas are gonna be annoyed by this but........
What is Futurepak? How does it differ from Steelbook?

Hope I'm not barred from this site for being a dumb ass!!

They are similar, but the main difference is the spine set-up. Steelbooks have a separate front, rear and spine whereas the Futurepaks have more of a hinge mechanism joining the front and rear.

There are other differences but that is the main one I normally notice.

Check out the image in the OP to see what I mean about the spine ;)

Dumb-ass!! :p

Preordered. I loved this film and my US buddy was able to pick me up awesome US amaray with slip (ricsters cool pic tempted me). Super limitied with a reasonable price but future pak slightly puts me of but I've got a month to cancel if I want.

I'm just hoping for a nice gloss finish with maybe some embossing and good packaging from fox.

Taking a punt on this.

Haven't got the steel, so its an easy one for me!

Thanks NM:scat: (AKA David:D)

Last edited:
I wondered how long it would take for Futurepaks to make their way to the UK. The artwork is great, if it had been a Steelbook I may have ordered it but I just don't like the spines on Futurepaks. It's a pass for me.

Reactions: Ricker and DJ IXS
I spoke to a contact at FoxDirect today and can relay the information that was given to me.

Please be advised that this does not have any embossing and the finish is matt. No “real” photo’s will be posted, only the pack shots that are available.

Thank you for your suggestion on the stickers and this is something we are currently looking at but a decision has not been made yet.

Thanks Ricster, order cancelled. I love the film but embossed slipcover is better than a matte futurepak, in my opinion.

Its a shame no embossing as if this got same attention that batman arkham origins metalpak had then this could've been so awesome

Reactions: MK50
FuturePak is now 0.25mm thick metal while Steelbook is 0.21mm metal, and FuturePak improved the plastic, so the FuturePak feels heavier and more solid in your hands. No one can manufacture a metal package with plastic and 3 pieces of metal like Steelbook since they have a patent and will put anyone that tires out of business.

Not sure if this has already been posted but play.com are selling 2 futurepaks, Fight Club and Rise of The Planet of The Apes

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=futurepak+&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts

Sorry if this had already been posted

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

What's a futurepak? Like a metalpak?

Yes but now a bit better quality. It's been posted in other metal forum.

I haven't come across a thread relating to these two yet. I have just ordered both of these as they're limited to 500.

Thanks a lot! :D

That spine though :dunno:

Easy pass

When ordering fight club I had to put my birth date in to complete purchase never had this before. Is it much of a deterrent as anyone under 18 can put a false b date in surely hahaha

Already posted here:

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/48186/

and here:

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/48187/

;)

Thanks Zoneism wasn't sure it had been posted and didn't find anything doing a quick search. Can remove thread if needed :thumbs:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Had this in my hands the other night and it's very nice. Again like with the Robocop FP, it's got a nice weight to it, felt a lot more sturdier than a steelbook. No emboss/debossing but it's very nice!

Anyone who's going to buy this, you won't be disappointed.

Cooey do you know Foxs plans with regards to futurepaks? Ive just sold the steel of this as i didnt want to then have to get another steelbook for the sequel as im not collecting now - are we likely to see a futurepak release for the sequel as Fox seem to be the king of steelbook releases atm?

Cooey do you know Foxs plans with regards to futurepaks? Ive just sold the steel of this as i didnt want to then have to get another steelbook for the sequel as im not collecting now - are we likely to see a futurepak release for the sequel as Fox seem to be the king of steelbook releases atm?

All we know is that these are the first two (Fight Club and Rise of the Planet of the Apes) and further plans haven't been revealed to us. We'll post more info as it becomes available.

Reactions: Maccadinho25