Road House (4K + Blu-ray Slipcover Box Set) (Vinegar Syndrome) [USA]

Release date: November 28, 2022
Purchase link: Vinegar Syndrome
Price: $44.99

C643C21F-A076-46FD-808D-EB97F31BE087.jpeg

F4C5F645-2A3A-44BE-8A75-87F9CC03FF62.jpeg
072317D4-980A-4491-AEA3-D9CB7470953D.jpeg
We're pleased to at last announce our fourth VSU; a film truly worthy of the branding; featuring huge stars, even even bigger thrills, and a whole lot of ass kicking: Rowdy Herrington's ROAD HOUSE! Our edition features a brand new, VS created, 4K restoration, an exclusive making-of doc, and plenty of other heavy hitting extras! As usual, it will be packaged in VSU's custom designed hard box featuring newly created art by Tom Hodge!

James Dalton is a tough-as-nails bouncer with a reputation for using any and all force necessary to "keep the peace." Meanwhile, Frank Tilghman, a country businessman, is having trouble maintaining control over the violent patrons and crooked staff at his newly acquired club, the Double Deuce. Upon learning of Dalton's take-no-prisoners attitude toward security, he makes a proposal too good for Dalton to refuse; summoning him from The Big Apple to Jasper, MO and handing him the reins to the bar, on the promise that he clean the place up. But no sooner than his first few days in charge does he wind up stabbed and in the hospital. With the knowledge that he's up against a gang of thugs who play even dirtier than he does, Dalton throws caution to the wind and prepares for a fight that will inevitably send someone six feet under...

Patrick Swayze (Dirty Dancing, Ghost), Kelly Lynch (Drugstore Cowboy), Sam Elliot (Tombstone, The Big Lewbowski), and Ben Gazzara (The Killing of a Chinese Bookie) headline an all-star cast in director Rowdy Herrington's blockbuster turned cult classic, ROAD HOUSE. Newly restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative, specifically for this release, and bursting with both new and archival extras, Vinegar Syndrome Ultra is proud to give this ass-kicking classic the kick-ass special edition it deserves.

Directed by: Rowdy Herrington
starring: Patrick Swayze, Kelly Lynch, Sam Elliott, Ben Gazzara, Kevin Tighe, Kathleen Wilhoite
1989 / 114 min / 2.35:1 / English Stereo

Additional info:

• VSU exclusive 'ultra' high-end magnet clasp box, containing the slipcovered 2-disc set and a 40-page book. Case artwork designed by Tom Hodge. Box designed and patented by VS.
  • Region Free 4K Ultra HD / Region A Blu-ray Set
  • 4k UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
  • Newly scanned & restored in 4k from it’s 35mm original camera negative
  • EXTRAS TO BE ANNOUNCED
  • Reversible cover artwork
  • English SDH subtitles

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is 'artwork subject to change' on it when they're literally holding a slipcover.....?
The hand holding the supposed media is Photoshopped in there just like everything else is. The way the hand is oriented they can slap any number of media in it's place. Poor job too because the top right triangle doesn't even line up correctly.

There's a thread already:

Reactions: JinxyKatte
Anyone see the news they are planning a remake.:bored:...this time with Connor Mcgregor....(not kiddin) also starring Jake Gyllenhaal
I'd heard of the Jake Gyllenhaal remake. Honestly I'm excited. And this is coming from me, road house being one of my all time favourite movies.

Shipped, coming Wednesday, Holy ******* **** I am sooooooooo excited. This is my favourite movie, and I am going to see it in 4k and my first Vinegar Syndrome let alone a VSU. OMG I have literally never been so excited to receive a bluray.

Reactions: Bodhisattva
Shipped, coming Wednesday, Holy ******* **** I am sooooooooo excited. This is my favourite movie, and I am going to see it in 4k and my first Vinegar Syndrome let alone a VSU. OMG I have literally never been so excited to receive a bluray.
Sexy f'in movie. Best b-movie of the 80s imo. Even better than Big Trouble In Little China in the b-movie stakes.
Wish I'd bought it now. Hoping for a UK release somewhere, by someone. Arrow????

Reactions: JinxyKatte