Actual pic courtesy of ricster:
Scanners.jpg

Attachments

• Scanners-UK.jpg
    Scanners-UK.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 274
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great thanks for the pics.

I had to cancel my preorder in the end due to lack of funds but I'm hoping this will drop in price

I don't think Iv'e ever seen this movie and I'm not that interested in seeing it but its a shame it hasn't got any inside art, I thought we had got past this nonsense but it seems to be making a comeback as of late.

Scanners (1980) Limited Edition SteelBook - Blu-ray

Scanners (1980) Limited Edition SteelBook - Blu-ray
This is the 103min version of the film.
:scat:

Scanners 1 (1980)
£16.09 Pre-Order from Amazon.co.uk
1x Blu-ray (B) 103 min
Second Sight
Release Date: 8 April 2013

GOOD POINTS ABOUT THIS STEELBOOK RELEASE

:LOL: Running time : 103min.

:oohyeah: Front cover : great iconic image.

Although Black Hill Pictures Gmbh (Germany) originally released this image for the artwork on the disc artwork of Scanners 2 ? released in their ScannersTrilogy Limited Edition Steelbook - 3x DVD - 2006 - Germany. This new blu-ray release is actually 4 min longer than the DVD version of Scanners 1 in the Limited Edition Trilogy Steelbook - 3x DVD - 2006 - Black Hill Pictures Gmbh (Germany).

:thumbs: Back cover : Simple but effective display type, the words giving you a count down to your inevitable death by a Scanner.

:thumbs: Spine : Good, carries on the same theme as the front and back cover, simple but effective.

BAD POINTS ABOUT THIS STEELBOOK RELEASE

:( Bonus Material - Extras : I haven't watch them yet but from what I have read on the card it is all interviews with people involved in the film. There are no behind the scenes, deleted scenes, bloopers, special effects etc.

:( Inside ArtworK : None:sleep: Why! :dunno::wtf: :confused:

This could have been one of the best looking classic horror steelbooks to be released of late, but lm afraid Second Sight has made an:ass:of it.

But still a nice steelbook with a simple but effective approach that runs through the covers, spine and artwork on disk.

Scanners Trilogy Limited Edition Steelbook - 3x DVD - Region 2 - 2006

Front Cover Scanners trilogy  FC.jpg
Back Cover Scanners trilogy  BC.jpg

Format:
PAL, Full length, Box set
Region:
Region 2 DVD
Studio:
Warner/
Black Hill Pictures Gmbh (Germany) 2006
ASIN: B001HAONCI

Buy at : Amazon.co.uk

B001HAONCI

Last edited:
I don't think the extras will be bad. If it includes any interview/commentary with Cronenberg then it will be great. That guy is always insightful and articulate, and a pleasure to listen to.

I'm still waiting on blahdvd/base to despatch mine,i also wonder if they have any as there's nothing on there website.

I cancelled my pre-order with Amazon for £16 to order from Zavvi - Amazon price is now £18.25 which I'm not paying. So if Zavvi don't come through with it, I'll be left disappointed.

I cancelled my pre-order with Amazon for £16 to order from Zavvi - Amazon price is now £18.25 which I'm not paying. So if Zavvi don't come through with it, I'll be left disappointed.

I had my original pre order with amazon for £16 but couldn't turn down base for £12,if mine isn't dispatched by saturday i will get it from hmv.

Reactions: hayemaker

Is there an HMV near you? It was £14.99 instore for me.

Reactions: hayemaker
Is there an HMV near you? It was £14.99 instore for me.

The closest HMV to me is due to be closing down and they weren't getting any new stock last I heard, but I'm gonna head over there and have a look later. The others are a bit further away but it would be an option.