Sergio Grisanti Chat Thread

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
Just revealed: the theatrical IMAX poster for Pacific Rim...

1002427_10151625045295808_484366184_n.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

More info courtesy 'Coming Soon':

Source: Hero Complex

IMAX will continue their "Fanfix" poster series with the upcoming Pacific Rim with an exclusive print by artist Sergio Grisanti (via Hero Complex). Fans will receive the poster by attending the first IMAX screenings for the film on July 12.

“I am thrilled to introduce Sergio Grisanti to the world,” director Guillermo Del Toro said in a statement. “For years he has been a highly respected commercial artist. When I was first exposed to his art for ‘Pacific Rim,’ I knew instantly that he was a powerhouse of talent. He created the Jaeger posters/card art we used at WonderCon. Without any hesitation I asked him to create this new Imax Fanfix art. Look at it closely — with a magnifying glass! So much going on! Such power! Such beauty! Sergio loves his Kaijus and his Mecha, and it shows. The poster, like my film, is a tribute to well-loved things. I wish all the fans the best time at the first Imax screenings of ‘Pacific Rim.’ Enjoy!”

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: roseart
Hmm, I might go to see it on the 12th in the morning in our IMAX then as I actually off that day...
They did have the Hobbit posters back in December when we went for the first showing, so maybe they have these as well.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Oh wow, that is amazing EEK!

If anybody can pick one up for me and Tridon you'll have friends for life :p

In case my lady is going as well and we get a second one I'll let you know.
At the moment I just hope they have them at all...

Reactions: roverite
I just went and saw this. Awesome Movie!

BUT I am super pissed off. I went to the 7:00pm IMAX screening, and I expected to get this poster. I asked the Manager why they weren't giving them out. He said that they were reserved for the 10:00pm screening. I told him that shouldn't they be for the FIRST screening!?

Apparently the 10:00 was suppose to be the first screening but then last minute they added the 7:00 showing. So the posters are reserved for the 10:00 one.

I was the only one asking about it and yet still the manager wouldn't let me have one. Such an A-HOLE. I'm really angry. Only reason why i went tonight was to get the poster.

...I guess its not a big deal... just frustrating. Anybody get it? How does it look?

BUT I am super pissed off. I went to the 7:00pm IMAX screening, and I expected to get this poster. I asked the Manager why they weren't giving them out. He said that they were reserved for the 10:00pm screening. I told him that shouldn't they be for the FIRST screening!?

Apparently the 10:00 was suppose to be the first screening but then last minute they added the 7:00 showing. So the posters are reserved for the 10:00 one.

I was the only one asking about it and yet still the manager wouldn't let me have one. Such an A-HOLE. I'm really angry. Only reason why i went tonight was to get the poster.

...I guess its not a big deal... just frustrating. Anybody get it? How does it look?

I'd be pissed if I were you, too. That's absolute bull. Customer service these days, I tell ya!

I just went ahead and ordered one off of eBay. It was $20 after shipping to Canada, but I don't care; I needed this poster on my wall! :scat:

Reactions: kaw
I'd be pissed if I were you, too. That's absolute bull. Customer service these days, I tell ya!

I just went ahead and ordered one off of eBay. It was $20 after shipping to Canada, but I don't care; I needed this poster on my wall! :scat:

Haha ya, felt good to vent on here tho.

I might have to try ebay now too... I may go back to the theater tomorrow afternoon and see if there were any leftover, and if they would be willing to give me one.

This is what they did with IM3 as well. It seems 10PM is the new 12:01AM showing. Like Black Friday now starts on Thursday. :rolleyes: The whole thing around the 12:01 showings were that they were actually showing it on the day of the release. I guess they get around it if the movie is over 2 hours long and say that it ended after 12:01. Very stupid, but it is what it is. :squint:

Reactions: kaw