Sisu (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Feb 11, 2020
Release date: July 11, 2023
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $31.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

fff25f47-9130-4831-a55d-c51879156ac8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The film is massively overrated imo. Like a lot of people, I went in hyped following a few decent reviews and given the directors most well known and brilliant alt-Christmas film from 2010.

Oh, dear. It was beyond ridiculous.
Someone please tell me it was based on a graphic novel, otherwise it's just daft. Like, I laughed out loud several times it was so unbelievably stupid.

The directors prior film 'Rare Exports', despite being a completely different genre, is vastly and comprehensively superior in every way.

Cool art. Nice use of PET slip. Best Buy/Lionsgate knocks it out of the park again.

Anyway, for me, it was a bit of a nonsense film. Disappointed.

Last edited:
Reactions: MajimaGoro and Vega
The film is massively overrated imo. Like a lot of people, I went in hyped following a few decent reviews and given the directors most well known and brilliant alt-Christmas film from 2010.
Someone please tell me it was based on a graphic novel, otherwise it's just daft. Like, I laughed out loud several times it was so unbelievably stupid.

The directors prior film 'Rare Exports', despite being a completely different genre, is vastly and comprehensively superior in every way.

Cool art. Nice use of PET slip. Best Buy/Lionsgate knocks it out of the park again.

For me, utterly nonsense film.
You could say the same about John Wick.....

Haven't seen the film yet, but saw a recent interview on TV with the protagonist and writer/director; not based on a graphic novel.

Sounds a bit like John Wick 4 (in the sense that there's no way he could've survived many of the scenes), but I enjoyed JW4, so looking forward to this one :naughty:

I watched this really based on the dudes pedigree from 'Rare Exports'

Sisu reminded me of something like the Crank films or even Hardcore Henry.
You love those. You'll probably like this.

From what I've seen here and there from clips of the John Wick films for comparison, they seem far more nuanced than this was.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: apsmith21

It’s supposed to be ridiculous and over the top. The reason is also the name

You could say the same about John Wick.....
Exactly

Reactions: Lenny Nero

I thought this movie was really good although I felt it was somewhat slower paced than I was expecting. I didn't have an issue with the ridiculousness even though some if it really pushed willing suspension of disbelief. I did find it slightly overrate but only because it was massively highly rated from several sources. Maybe I will enjoy more on subsequent viewings, if Uk get it. Still waiting on crank...