Sleeping Beauty (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #27) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: Sleeping Beauty
Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited to 4000

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

full01.jpg
full02.jpg
full03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the BB version and they did a stellar job with it, even with slip, imo. I think this will look very brilliant, as far as colors go. I won't be skipping this one, myself.

Reactions: harry
Love it but did it really need the border. Thought it would match Snow White and Aladdin....Disney Princess Steels

It looks a little weird that some have borders and others don't....unless there's some theme that I'm not aware of

On this particular one the border would have gone through the prince's face and that would have looked bad. I actually like the borders on the ones they gave borders. Borders look best when the don't cut into essential art and you'll notice that it is something that has been handled well in the Disney collection. V for Vendetta had his face cut through by the border and it would have looked much better if it didn't,

I also really like the whole villain on the back. I hope they make it more of a permanent theme. I loved it on Hercules and it looks like it will be great on this. And that green is going to look stunning in gloss. I was worried with the border they weren't going to be able to use green but they handled it really well.

I have the Best Buy version but Holy crap:wow:, this version especially the back artwork is awesome
clear.png
:woot:

Definetly one of the best Disney steelbooks of this year.

Reactions: Hatori and Marco86
what's the rush to get all the Disney's released in steel?

The lack of individuality throughout most of the collection has been disappointing IMO. While I understand many like the uniformity of the collection, I feel it is unnecessary to have a border on all the steels though this looks like it will have the more subtle gold border similar to Mulan which I did like

Agreed. Personally I'm a bit surprised how Disney/Zavvi get so much praise for using recycled artwork on at least half of these releases. Still, if you just look at the finish they've managed to create some really nice steels lately, combining brushed metal effect and vibrant colours with embossing. It's such a shame that Wreck-It-Ralph isn't gloss, it's definitely one of the more unique looking steelbooks. Imagine Disney putting that much though into each release. However, gloss isn't always a must. I think Dumbo is an absolutely fantastic steelbook in terms of colour and finish, and I don't think gloss would have made it any better.

I actually think Sleeping Beauty looks better than Snow White, so that's something. I'm getting both steels anyway as I've collected all the others

Snow white and Sleeping beauty have awesome back artwork (the villains). I wish Lion king would have Scar as the back artwork

Reactions: Steeler
This is not one of my favourite disney classics, even though it is iconic.
I watched it recently, and was surprised at how little dialogue there is once Aurora leaves the woods to return to the castle.
It just felt a bit odd, but then maybe it alludes to some dream like world.

Still, I don't think I can pass up this steel. It looks fantastic, especially the back!

Maleficent has yet to receive a confirmed release date - what's the betting that the Maleficent and this Sleeping Beauty SteelBooks are both released on the same day? Calling it here!

I've already own the FS steelbook (one of the most beautiful steelbooks ever), but I also love this artwork from the first blu-ray release. :drool:

Reactions: harry