snsguy's Wonderful World Of HT......

snsguy

Ninja with a Hook
Premium Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
Hendersonville, TN
Welcome To Our Home Theater! Thanks For Visiting!

living-room-ht_zps57b473d9.jpg

This is our Home Theater/Living Room Area. We live in a town home apartment complex so we had to do with what space we have. We're proud of what we did though. The key was to make the area look cool like a home theater but also compromise with my wife in making it a living room area also. It's the first thing you see when you open the door so we had to make an impression.

Our Modest Movie Collection and the Outlaw LFM-1 Plus Subwoofer.

left-side-ht-2_zpsfd48b860.jpg

This is what you see head on when you walk through the front door. Decorating is a big part of our home. There was a lot of compromising between the wife and I of what we could decorate our space with, but I think in the end we balanced it out pretty well. You can see the new Outlaw LFM-1 Plus subwoofer at the far end of the couch. That baby pumps out some serious LFE!!

A Chair All To Your Self? I Don't Think So.....

right-side-ht_zpse7ee9e61.jpg

Over time we've added more movie memorabilia to the decor. Fortunately my wife has gotten more into the hobby with me. So not only am I collecting, she is also. It's helped out a lot when I want to add a piece to the decor. You can see the Right Polk speaker and our brand chair and a half. My wife finally got rid of the papasan chair. I can't blame her though. The new chair and a half is really comfortable. You can also see our cool swag lamp hanging from the ceiling and some of our decor.

soundstage-from-couch-2_zps8349a342.jpg

A shot from directly behind the couch of the front stage. The monitor is the Pioneer KRP-500M. Unbelievable TV! Speakers are Polk Audio Monitor 60's on the left and right and the CS2 for our center channel. I made the center speaker riser which I talk about more a little later. On the left of the center speaker is the XBOX 360 S with the Kinect sitting on top of the tv. On the right is the Now Showing DVD marquee. On the second shelf starting from the left is the Oppo 83 Blu-ray player and on the right is the Comcast HD DVR. To the far right is the cradle for our Harmony 720 remote. Having one remote to control everything is awesome. On the third shelf, on the left is the APC H15 Power Conditioner which I must say did wonders for our equipment and saved us from brown outs and power loss 4 times in the first day!!!! On the right is probably my favorite piece of equipment, besides the TV of course. The Marantz SR5003. It has such a smooth sound and really has changed our Home Theater experience. We really had no idea what our Polks could do until we got this receiver. The newest edition we did was putting shelves on either side of the Kuro to hold some of out Steelbook and Ironpack collection. I'm wanting them to hold only the Disney classics that are released. But for now I'm displaying other Disney steels - ironpacks as well.

up-close-components_zpsb277ed9c.jpg

A closer side view of the front stage from the chair and a half.

Ready To Watch a Movie....

fron-stage-night_zps940a9390.jpg

This is a shot of what you would see walking into our living room at night while watching the latest flick on our Pioneer Kuro Plasma. It's an awesome tv! It's displaying the Disney Logo TRON style.

Is It The End Or The Beginning Of The Movie?

kuro-close-night_zpsa69b25d8.jpg

Rise Center Speaker, Rise!!!!

center-speaker_zps1c83bfc3.jpg

This is a close up of the center speaker riser I made. I used the largest couplings I could find and glued them to railing toppers. I spray painted them with a matte brown then used pieces of arts and crafts foam board, the soft kind not the stiff kind, and added them to the top and bottom to decrease vibration. I'm very pleased with them.

I Am The Beast, Hear Me Roar!!!

marants_zps7ee9c810.jpg

The Marantz SR5003 in all it's glory. It's a totally different world when you finally hear clear HD audio.

Big Brother? I Am The Big Brother.

oppo_zps1d5ebe3a.jpg

Oppo BDP-83 Blu-pray player. It's a thing of beauty. We never knew how good our Pioneer Kuro could look until we got this thing. It replace our Panasonic BDP-55 which eventually stopped reading most our blu-ray's after a year and a half. We had problems with the machine a couple of months after we got it. Sent it in for repairs and exactly a year later started doing the same thing. Sent it in to square Trade got a refund for it and bought the Oppo 83. It's really fast and easy to use. I use source direct to the Kuro and the Kuro does all the processing. What a beautiful picture it produces.

Protection Is The key.

apc_zps3f69764b.jpg

APC H15 Power conditioner. Made a huge difference with the picture on our tv. I know that sounds crazy but even my wife noticed the difference. Living in a townhouse apartment complex there are power surges and brownouts all the time. This has kept our equipment safe.

left-back-ht-2_zpsa184663a.jpg

Shot of new rug and you can see the sub is now over by the couch. After discussing it with Big Daddy I did the subwoofer crawl and found the near the couch in that spot was the best placement for the subwoofer. I had it facing the opposite wall at first but after testing it found that there was a much better bass response having it pointing towards the wall where the tv is. I also added coupling with padding added to both end that act as risers which raise the subwoofer off the ground a few inches. I'll make a real riser when I get a new sub.

If the neighbors aren't calling you, it's not doing it's job.

sub_zps6025fec6.jpg

The Sub! The Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus. I'm still breaking it in and haven't had a chance to really push it. But so far it sounds fantastic. Also I built the riser underneath.

Hope you enjoyed it and thanks for looking! :D

Here is the Movie Book that I put together that is a collection of all of our movies and each of the genres they fit into. It's an easier way for someone to decide what movie they want to watch without have to go through all of our collection. :D

53350_full_zps357e57be.jpg

53351_full_zps3135643b.jpg

53353_full_zps823383b7.jpg

53352_full_zpsa850f9bb.jpg

53354_full_zps6817d46a.jpg

53355_full_zps759d543c.jpg

53356_full_zpsa92d7ed4.jpg

53357_full_zps9a2dab60.jpg

53358_full_zps20b46a0b.jpg

53359_full_zps6bc9bd52.jpg

53360_full_zps7762d417.jpg

53361_full_zps949fa4b8.jpg

53362_full_zpsdc09fde2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^ Whoa dude that is one rad' looking setup. All I can say is well done to both you and the lady. Its a really awesome setup that just looks cozy and hella' fun place to be hanging out. Never really though about a power conditioner being that I live in my own home but that makes 100% sense in a town-home or apartment setting.

Reactions: snsguy
^^^^ Whoa dude that is one rad' looking setup. All I can say is well done to both you and the lady. Its a really awesome setup that just looks cozy and hella' fun place to be hanging out. Never really though about a power conditioner being that I live in my own home but that makes 100% sense in a town-home or apartment setting.

Thanks man! Ya the power conditioner made a world of difference in our set up. It still amazes me today. Our picture on our Kuro looked so bad, which made absolutely no sense at all when we got it. Especially since I had seen what it looked like already. Reading up on it I can across some others who had similar issues and how a power conditioner could help. I wasn't sure about it either but in our situation it made total sense. We have poswer surges at least 5 times a day. The power inside our walls is absolutely horrible and the power conditioner really changes it all.

You forgot to put a bed in there for when I spend the night.

I didn't for get dude. The couch has dual recliners! :scat:

Thanks man! Ya the power conditioner made a world of difference in our set up. It still amazes me today. Our picture on our Kuro looked so bad, which made absolutely no sense at all when we got it. Especially since I had seen what it looked like already. Reading up on it I can across some others who had similar issues and how a power conditioner could help. I wasn't sure about it either but in our situation it made total sense. We have poswer surges at least 5 times a day. The power inside our walls is absolutely horrible and the power conditioner really changes it all.

Yeah it sounds like it was a sound investment to make. 5 surges a day wow! Thats pretty bad actually. Do you own the town-home? Have you tried to maybe look into it if its an isolated problem to just your unit or others as well?

I do have a question for you though.... How do you keep all that swag dust free? Man Im really struggling to keep my man-cave dust free. Its really hard to get the damn dust out of small nooks and crevices of the living space and I haven't been able to find anything with success that will just dust with "ease". I eventually throw aside whatever new duster I bought and doing it manually by hand with a soft cloth... maybe Im too picky? lol.

Reactions: snsguy
Thanks so much!

Love your setup dude. For all the stuff you have in that room, amazing job on keeping it that tidy! 10/10!

Thanks man! It doesn't always stay that way but I try to! It's a pain the arse though. :D

Damn! Just beautiful!

Thanks man! I really appreciate that!

Yeah it sounds like it was a sound investment to make. 5 surges a day wow! Thats pretty bad actually. Do you own the town-home? Have you tried to maybe look into it if its an isolated problem to just your unit or others as well?

I do have a question for you though.... How do you keep all that swag dust free? Man Im really struggling to keep my man-cave dust free. Its really hard to get the damn dust out of small nooks and crevices of the living space and I haven't been able to find anything with success that will just dust with "ease". I eventually throw aside whatever new duster I bought and doing it manually by hand with a soft cloth... maybe Im too picky? lol.

No we don't own it. We rent. There is nothing we can do about it. It's a building from the 70's, which isn't old, but they didn't put any thought into building it. We pretty much share everything with the other town homes connected to us even the air ducts. The power can go out in our town home and one other next to us and not touch any of the others. It's really weird. We're hoping to get into a home as soon as we can.

Dust is an issue. I dust as often as I can. I have sever allergies so we have to be really careful. We have the highest allergy filter in our air conditioning and heating unit and a large air purifier in the down stairs area. That helps a lot. I use the 360 Swiffer on the handle and to get into creveses I take it off and do it by hand. Sometimes I go through three or four of them to get things really clean. I also use End Dust Free Hypo-Allergenic spray for the wood areas. It keeps the dust down and makes it easier to dust it off before I have to use the spray again. Using Window washing spray helps minimize dust for a short period of time on glass too. So no you are notcrazy at all about dust. :D

Absolutely stunning setup!

So clean and tidy! Love the stand for your TV

One of my Favorites :scat:

Thanks so much stument! I really appreciate it! :D

No we don't own it. We rent. There is nothing we can do about it. It's a building from the 70's, which isn't old, but they didn't put any thought into building it. We pretty much share everything with the other town homes connected to us even the air ducts. The power can go out in our town home and one other next to us and not touch any of the others. It's really weird. We're hoping to get into a home as soon as we can.

Dust is an issue. I dust as often as I can. I have sever allergies so we have to be really careful. We have the highest allergy filter in our air conditioning and heating unit and a large air purifier in the down stairs area. That helps a lot. I use the 360 Swiffer on the handle and to get into creveses I take it off and do it by hand. Sometimes I go through three or four of them to get things really clean. I also use End Dust Free Hypo-Allergenic spray for the wood areas. It keeps the dust down and makes it easier to dust it off before I have to use the spray again. Using Window washing spray helps minimize dust for a short period of time on glass too. So no you are notcrazy at all about dust. :D

Cool, thank for the info on the dusting issues! I will try some of them. I hate dust.... dust is the ENEMY!

Fantastic setup!!! Lucky to have a wife who enjoys the hobby with you!

Any cool new additions?

Sorry for the delay bud. We've been packing and dealing with getting everything ready for the house. I've been getting on for a short period of time and getting off. I have a number of things I believe that I haven't posted yet. I'll have them up in the new HT room at the end of March! :oohyeah: So I'll be posting then. Thanks for asking! :D

Reactions: Wreck
Changes coming real soon. We close on the house next week and my first project is the new home theater room. I won't have everything done right away but I will be taking some pics as I go. It will be a quick project but of course things will change and be added over time. I'm stoked about it!!!

Reactions: Jason Bourne
Changes coming real soon. We close on the house next week and my first project is the new home theater room. I won't have everything done right away but I will be taking some pics as I go. It will be a quick project but of course things will change and be added over time. I'm stoked about it!!!

Sounds exciting. Make sure you post pics :thumbs:

I just added a whole bunch of stuff to my setup as well. Still finishing up myself.

Sounds exciting. Make sure you post pics :thumbs:

I just added a whole bunch of stuff to my setup as well. Still finishing up myself.

I most deffinetly will. :thumbs: We sign the papers on Friday and start moving my memorabilia since the movers will not be touching any of that when they come on Saturday. ;) I'll start painting probably next week and we're supposed to be headed to IKEA in Atlanta to pick up two Besta's to hold them in. We have to go order are new seating for it to. That should be in in about a month or so. I'll at least be able to get stuff set up and on the wall so when the seating comes in will be good to go. I want to, at some point, do the fiber optic star lighting in the ceiling. I've always wanted that.