snsguy's Wonderful World Of HT......

snsguy

Ninja with a Hook
Premium Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
Hendersonville, TN
Welcome To Our Home Theater! Thanks For Visiting!

living-room-ht_zps57b473d9.jpg

This is our Home Theater/Living Room Area. We live in a town home apartment complex so we had to do with what space we have. We're proud of what we did though. The key was to make the area look cool like a home theater but also compromise with my wife in making it a living room area also. It's the first thing you see when you open the door so we had to make an impression.

Our Modest Movie Collection and the Outlaw LFM-1 Plus Subwoofer.

left-side-ht-2_zpsfd48b860.jpg

This is what you see head on when you walk through the front door. Decorating is a big part of our home. There was a lot of compromising between the wife and I of what we could decorate our space with, but I think in the end we balanced it out pretty well. You can see the new Outlaw LFM-1 Plus subwoofer at the far end of the couch. That baby pumps out some serious LFE!!

A Chair All To Your Self? I Don't Think So.....

right-side-ht_zpse7ee9e61.jpg

Over time we've added more movie memorabilia to the decor. Fortunately my wife has gotten more into the hobby with me. So not only am I collecting, she is also. It's helped out a lot when I want to add a piece to the decor. You can see the Right Polk speaker and our brand chair and a half. My wife finally got rid of the papasan chair. I can't blame her though. The new chair and a half is really comfortable. You can also see our cool swag lamp hanging from the ceiling and some of our decor.

soundstage-from-couch-2_zps8349a342.jpg

A shot from directly behind the couch of the front stage. The monitor is the Pioneer KRP-500M. Unbelievable TV! Speakers are Polk Audio Monitor 60's on the left and right and the CS2 for our center channel. I made the center speaker riser which I talk about more a little later. On the left of the center speaker is the XBOX 360 S with the Kinect sitting on top of the tv. On the right is the Now Showing DVD marquee. On the second shelf starting from the left is the Oppo 83 Blu-ray player and on the right is the Comcast HD DVR. To the far right is the cradle for our Harmony 720 remote. Having one remote to control everything is awesome. On the third shelf, on the left is the APC H15 Power Conditioner which I must say did wonders for our equipment and saved us from brown outs and power loss 4 times in the first day!!!! On the right is probably my favorite piece of equipment, besides the TV of course. The Marantz SR5003. It has such a smooth sound and really has changed our Home Theater experience. We really had no idea what our Polks could do until we got this receiver. The newest edition we did was putting shelves on either side of the Kuro to hold some of out Steelbook and Ironpack collection. I'm wanting them to hold only the Disney classics that are released. But for now I'm displaying other Disney steels - ironpacks as well.

up-close-components_zpsb277ed9c.jpg

A closer side view of the front stage from the chair and a half.

Ready To Watch a Movie....

fron-stage-night_zps940a9390.jpg

This is a shot of what you would see walking into our living room at night while watching the latest flick on our Pioneer Kuro Plasma. It's an awesome tv! It's displaying the Disney Logo TRON style.

Is It The End Or The Beginning Of The Movie?

kuro-close-night_zpsa69b25d8.jpg

Rise Center Speaker, Rise!!!!

center-speaker_zps1c83bfc3.jpg

This is a close up of the center speaker riser I made. I used the largest couplings I could find and glued them to railing toppers. I spray painted them with a matte brown then used pieces of arts and crafts foam board, the soft kind not the stiff kind, and added them to the top and bottom to decrease vibration. I'm very pleased with them.

I Am The Beast, Hear Me Roar!!!

marants_zps7ee9c810.jpg

The Marantz SR5003 in all it's glory. It's a totally different world when you finally hear clear HD audio.

Big Brother? I Am The Big Brother.

oppo_zps1d5ebe3a.jpg

Oppo BDP-83 Blu-pray player. It's a thing of beauty. We never knew how good our Pioneer Kuro could look until we got this thing. It replace our Panasonic BDP-55 which eventually stopped reading most our blu-ray's after a year and a half. We had problems with the machine a couple of months after we got it. Sent it in for repairs and exactly a year later started doing the same thing. Sent it in to square Trade got a refund for it and bought the Oppo 83. It's really fast and easy to use. I use source direct to the Kuro and the Kuro does all the processing. What a beautiful picture it produces.

Protection Is The key.

apc_zps3f69764b.jpg

APC H15 Power conditioner. Made a huge difference with the picture on our tv. I know that sounds crazy but even my wife noticed the difference. Living in a townhouse apartment complex there are power surges and brownouts all the time. This has kept our equipment safe.

left-back-ht-2_zpsa184663a.jpg

Shot of new rug and you can see the sub is now over by the couch. After discussing it with Big Daddy I did the subwoofer crawl and found the near the couch in that spot was the best placement for the subwoofer. I had it facing the opposite wall at first but after testing it found that there was a much better bass response having it pointing towards the wall where the tv is. I also added coupling with padding added to both end that act as risers which raise the subwoofer off the ground a few inches. I'll make a real riser when I get a new sub.

If the neighbors aren't calling you, it's not doing it's job.

sub_zps6025fec6.jpg

The Sub! The Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus. I'm still breaking it in and haven't had a chance to really push it. But so far it sounds fantastic. Also I built the riser underneath.

Hope you enjoyed it and thanks for looking! :D

Here is the Movie Book that I put together that is a collection of all of our movies and each of the genres they fit into. It's an easier way for someone to decide what movie they want to watch without have to go through all of our collection. :D

53350_full_zps357e57be.jpg

53351_full_zps3135643b.jpg

53353_full_zps823383b7.jpg

53352_full_zpsa850f9bb.jpg

53354_full_zps6817d46a.jpg

53355_full_zps759d543c.jpg

53356_full_zpsa92d7ed4.jpg

53357_full_zps9a2dab60.jpg

53358_full_zps20b46a0b.jpg

53359_full_zps6bc9bd52.jpg

53360_full_zps7762d417.jpg

53361_full_zps949fa4b8.jpg

53362_full_zpsdc09fde2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
New Home Theater

Well we are finally in our new home. We still have some stuff to do at the apartment but once we dothat we are out of there, Sayonara, see ya, we are never going back.

So now onto the home theater. I couldn't take a picture of what it started out as because we moved so quickly and I believe my camerais still at the apartment. At least I hope it is. So these are a couple of pics from the Realtor of what it looks like now without all our stuff in it. They only took a pic of less then half of the room but it gives you an idea.This is literally a small part of the room.

aa_zpsc30540c9.jpg

aaa_zps18fb266e.jpg

We just ordered these recliners for our home theater seating. Couldn't find any home theater seating that is made specifically for ht's but we found these that are both for living rooms and ht's. They are spool comfortable. They don't have cup holders but I've already got that covered.

http://m.havertys.com/zoomView.do?imageName=HVT1138 Rec

Last edited:
way to go Aaron, i know you and nicky will have it looking awesome when finished
best of luck to ye both in your new home, like ricker said, cant wait to see the photos

Reactions: snsguy
Looks good.

But what I really found interesting in this thread was your headlines for every picture! Lmao!!

Here is some photos of the progression of the my new Home Theater room at our new house. Sorry for the bad camera phone pictures. Didn't find our camera till last night and this started Friday night and went into Monday. It's coming along. I have some more pics but my phone died before I could upload them. I will as soon as it charges. The room is 15' wide by 21' long. Again the pics are only about half the room. The colors are coming out much lighter in the pics. They are actually darker. The Bestas once fully assembled will be pushed into the closets and the front of the cabinets will be flush with the molding. I'm attempting to put some kind of molding on the ceiling to finish it off. The ceiling where it meets the angled walls is crooked all over the place and is why it isn't painted all the way up yet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 143
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Almost done guys. My bud helped me get the back speakers up and the new fan up this week. I also replaced all the outlest with new ones. Black glossy ones with covers to hide the screws. Got tue new chairs in about two weeks ago now. We had to sit on the floor for almost two months. Are butts were killing us! I covered the windows the windows by stapling a black out curtain on the edge of the inside and then covered a peice of Styrofoam with another black curtain. Pitch black now. No light coming througb at all. Components are in a little cubby so the tv stand is clean and I ran an ir receiver to the tv stand. Got new hdmi cables from Blue Jean Cables and they've made a difference. Just need to cover sll the wires in the rooms. I put up molding on the ceiling, I know its weird, to hide the very uneven ceiling. First time doing it so the nails show some. I'm going to try and fix it as much as I can. Taking a break with mu bud from college today though. We've been.working on it all week and he's only here until Monday.