Source Code Steelbook 100% Charity Auction - Poppy Appeal

Mar 5, 2011
London
This is a post for a charity auction I have just placed on eBay.
This post is 'Site Approved', so no flaming please...Its for a very good cause.

logo.png

I have put one of my UK Source Code Steelbooks up for donation, It is a full 100% donation auction, so i will receive nothing.
I have put this up as I wanted to do my bit for a fantastic charity that does spectacular work. I have friends in the RAF and Army, and The Royal British Legion is always close to their hearts.
Every year they do the Poppy Appeal to raise money for servicemen & women and their families, the money goes to the people that lay down their lives for their country.
The auction will run for five days, ending on Friday 11th.
I thought this was a fitting date to finish.

eBay Charity Auction

To find out more about the The Royal Brithish Legion and the work they do...please follow this...

Last edited:
At least if I bid, I can save on postage, trouble is I don't want Source Code. Great of him doing this.

(That's my boy :))

Last edited:
good course mate just wondering do you still get ebay and paypal fees?

At the moment, i think possibly paypal fees, theres no insertion fee. I think i've got pay the postage costs too, but as you've said mate, its all for a good cause, so i don't mind it at all.

What is the poppy appeal, why do they call it that?

From what I rember when growing up, and hearing from my grand parents and family, poppys are what grew out out the dead and decaying fields, no man's land. After the guns fell silent and peace returned to Europe after the great war, fields and fields of poppies grew. Its become internationally recognized as the symbol of remembrance. That's why you see David Cameron or Barak Obama layin a writhe of poppies.
The Royal British Legion adopted it soon after the great war, and It's become a symbol of great significance, especially at this time of year....

Think that about covers it...;)

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

http://www.greatwar.co.uk/article/remembrance-poppy.htm