Released November 26th
£13.99

Confirmed packaging is a slipcover.

ORDER HERE

514YcFrTZOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

122204.jpg

Thanks to ricster for the pic.

Last edited:
yeah i'm curious about that too. never seen the movie, but from what i hear its like deliverance in Louisiana.

Similar yes, very enjoyable film! Brion James (Blade Runner) is excellent in this, also an early appearance of Sonny Landham (Predator).

Think this is the only blu-ray version available....be interesting to view this in hi-def, only have the DVD version.

Reactions: bigrob
superb film!!! Terrier your correct that it's the only BD out at the moment. it also has some exclusive interviews for that edition with Walter Hill. Pretty sure the transfer was supervised by him as well

Last edited:
Reactions: townterrier
Southern Comfort (Blu-ray Steelbook) [United Kingdom]

One of my fave movies of all time..

Amazon U.K have it listed as limited packaging but I have been told it will indeed be a steelbook

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009GZ999I/?tag=hidefnin-21

Info courtesy of Sexgoremutants website.
:scat:

Attachments

• 514YcFrTZOL._SL500_.jpg
    514YcFrTZOL._SL500_.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited by a moderator:
a bit like deliverence, without the squeal like a pig:hilarious:

[media=youtube]ureeQ8j6BvE[/media]

A squad of National Guards on an isolated weekend exercise in the Louisiana swamp must fight for their lives when they anger local by stealing their canoes. Without live ammunition and in a strange country, their experience begins to mirror the Vietnam

Reactions: ocielz
I did put a thread up here in the limited editions forum awhile ago, As there was no info on packaging. If confirmed to be a steelbook it can now be moved.

Reactions: jammyone
Fingers crossed for this one its a better of a movie an old classic!

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

I suppose tho it could just be a slip?

Just found this from second sight :-(
"We're pleased to announce the UK release date of SOUTHERN COMFORT - November 26th. The classic will be available on both Blu-ray and DVD, with the Blu-ray featuring a limited edition slipcase. Both formats will include the feature WILL HE LIVE OR WILL HE DIE as well as English Language subtitles for the movie" looks like slipcase after all:-(

Its not like Alan over at sex gore mutants to mistake a slipcover for a steelbook? But we all have our muddled head on from time to time. I will drop him a pm to double check the packaging.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Had the reply back from SGM and its bad news guys........ see below

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for the kind words, they're greatly appreciated!

The blu-ray was originally announced as a Steelbook, however I've just checked the press notes that came with the screener disc and they just say "special limited edition packaging" .. Oops, I think I've read that and assumed 'Steelbook'.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll get in touch with Al and ask him to edit the review accordingly.

Thanks again

Stu
SGM