Spider-Man: Far From Home (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 11, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition (Pre-order live at Midnight July 2)
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £74.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition)
Notes: 3 Discs (4K UHD + 2D Blu-ray + Bonus Disc World Wide Web-Slinger)
12203577-1384708744830876.jpg

Collector's Edition with above steelbook
Collector's Edition Artwork to be updated as it still has mock up steelbook
12203580-1344.jpg 12203580-6964.jpg

12203577-6844708744881201.jpg 12203577-1154708741882539.jpg

12203577-1654684650152070.jpg

12203580-3004686046702845.jpg

Last edited:
i dont know why you guys keep on wasting your time with these releases when blufans is coming out.............

I completely agree this was my last time I will ever purchase from zavvi, I should have waited on blufans or FAC both great company and better then zavvi

i dont know why you guys keep on wasting your time with these releases when blufans is coming out.............

because some standard steels can be nice. You only got to look at the newer wizard of oz, IT, kong, inception etc. Plus this had the London art which I thought was cool. Also I don’t mind the WWA marvel steels when they have a decent finish

Can't believe the moaning regarding the finish on this, it looks absolutely fine to me.. it's supposed to be art on a steelbook, it has a metallic finish, there's a clue in the name of the type of case it's on, get over it or quit collecting steelbooks...:rolleyes:

The days of having full paint jobs (with white base) are over, big companies aren't going to pay the premium prices for premium finishes on steelbooks anymore.

The 3D HMV one has a similar metallic finish, and looks great. I have it.

you’re right, it does suit the HMV version but unfortunately the majority of the sky on this one is bare metal with a gloss finish and it just don’t make the image or spidey pop. The HMV one uses more colour and the metallic parts merge in waves with the art so it does look better

and you’re wrong, it’s not over. Although I agree theres not many these days but there’s still some lovely WWA or Non premium re releases that come out. I’m more of a premium collector myself but it’s still true there are some nice non premiums still

Last edited:
Seen a digital code release in a small box at my local Tesco for £14, if anyone would like one let me know and ill pick them up.

Really should have taken some pictures of them.

you keep your" advices" for youself it these are this way : "get over it or quit collecting steelbooks...:rolleyes: " many, amongst wich myself will be pleased by it...

"The days of having full paint jobs (with white base) are over, big companies aren't going to pay the premium prices for premium finishes on steelbooks anymore. "

some steelbooks are" premiums ones"(= with good finish), but it's true that zavvi ones are not unlike many asians ones.

Received mine today. Finish isn’t perfect but it’s exactly what I expected from Zavvi. I know the FA will be a better quality product but it’s nearly double the price when you add shipping and I don’t think their artwork is that great.

The artwork for this is exclusive to the U.K. and Tower Bridge is featured quite prominently in the film too (Unlike the Brandenburg Gate on the German Steelbook).

I think Blufans will win best steelbook for this film but it might not be out until next year so in the meantime I’m happy with this even if it’s not perfect.

Reactions: Flloydo and jasong
Received mine today. Finish isn’t perfect but it’s exactly what I expected from Zavvi. I know the FA will be a better quality product but it’s nearly double the price when you add shipping and I don’t think their artwork is that great.

The artwork for this is exclusive to the U.K. and Tower Bridge is featured quite prominently in the film too (Unlike the Brandenburg Gate on the German Steelbook).

I think Blufans will win best steelbook for this film but it might not be out until next year so in the meantime I’m happy with this even if it’s not perfect.

The Japanese edition is way better and and is priced at about £77. The price is actually lower than that once you go to checkout on Amazon Japan.

The Japanese edition is way better and and is priced at about £77. The price is actually lower than that once you go to checkout on Amazon Japan.
Yes, Japan steelbook artwork my favourite but at over 70 quid against non-RC 35 quid works out at double the price.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With Britain well-known for its raining cats and dogs weather and grey skies this metallic brushed effect - thankfully only on the background although in this case there is a lot of background giving the impression of poor old Spidey caught in a downpour on the bridge and in a rush to get home - is somehow appropriate to the location:-
1573385348803.png

That said not really a fan of the brushed metallic look although it could be argued that it adds a kind of texture to the artwork and another level of interest . . . for me it's only a step above a streaky matte finish in terms of desirability . . . sadly appearing on more and more recent releases including on some of those otherwise lovely Marvel 4K releases with the different coloured framing borders:-
1573385858249.png
1573385897792.png
Etc.

Reactions: MM3
I guess they are making use of the material, an effect that can't be created with a plastic case... but its ironic that as steelbook collectors, nobody wants to see the steel.

I don't mind so much, as long as its not a lazy design. which this is clearly not.

I for one will be happy to have this release. It has an iconic landmark and it’s glossy.
took the photo about an hour ago, it was a nightmare driving through it due to tourists. Plus I didn’t want to get knicked for using my phone on the road.
seems to be a similar angle to the cover shot.
612C368C-3016-46E8-9D81-DC0B4DCADEAB.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why the brushed metallic look is such a big deal. As it's been said it's a recurring theme with the 4k line and steelbooks in general. Don't like it don't buy the product it's pretty darn simple really. I prefer the brushed metallic look over spotglossing any day. But then again I'm just happy to get this and thor ragnarok in my collection to get my 4k range that one step closer to complete.

It is tedious hearing zavvi get blamed for artwork and finishes lol. Surely they are aware zavvi don’t call the shots on anything like that! (Or HMV etc)

It is tedious hearing zavvi get blamed for artwork and finishes lol. Surely they are aware zavvi don’t call the shots on anything like that! (Or HMV etc)
I know man, I really couldn’t be bothered to point it out for the millionth time.

Reactions: Flloydo
I know man, I really couldn’t be bothered to point it out for the millionth time.

Same, I wasn’t going to but did In the end

I mean, go ahead and say the zavvi one is crap/ rubbish, or not happy with the finish but to blame zavvi for it all and say your never using them again because of that is pretty stupid. Especially when it’s a WWA steel and every country in Europe gets the same finish like with Disney/ marvel steels. Is that zavvis fault still in their minds?

That and shouldn't be driving and on your phone and I don't know why the brushed metallic look is such a big deal. As it's been said it's a recurring theme with the 4k line and steelbooks in general. Don't like it don't buy the product it's pretty darn simple really. I prefer the brushed metallic look over spotglossing any day. But then again I'm just happy to get this and thor ragnarok in my collection to get my 4k range that one step closer to complete.

this and that 4k line are different though. And it’s all well saying don’t like it don’t buy it but you don’t know until you buy it. If you Pre order with others and you don’t know the finish until it arrives and then Not happy then it’s a redundant comment. obviously anyone not happy can always send it back

I have the 4k range too and none of them have the brushed metal look as prominent as the new Thor ragnarok that I can see from the pictures. That seems to have a more brushed metal look

Reactions: Stygian
this and that 4k line are different though. And it’s all well saying don’t like it don’t buy it but you don’t know until you buy it. If you Pre order with others and you don’t know the finish until it arrives and then Not happy then it’s a redundant comment. obviously anyone not happy can always send it back

I have the 4k range too and none of them have the brushed metal look as prominent as the new Thor ragnarok that I can see from the pictures. That seems to have a more brushed metal look

That is weird. Why is that post the OP lol
Again that's based off photos it might look totally different in hand. We will find out properly tomorrow when it arrives for those who have ordered this and thor ragnarok. Even the German steelbook has the same finish based on the photos in that thread. Plus I've seen several posts on Instagram where you can't even see the brush metallic thing on these releases. I'm just saying I don't see the big deal of it. Doesn't effect the way I view them. But I'm not one of those nip picky people where everything has to be perfect.

Again that's based off photos it might look totally different in hand. We will find out properly tomorrow when it arrives for those who have ordered this and thor ragnarok. Even the German steelbook has the same finish based on the photos in that thread. Plus I've seen several posts on Instagram where you can't even see the brush metallic thing on these releases. I'm just saying I don't see the big deal of it. Doesn't effect the way I view them. But I'm not one of those nip picky people where everything has to be perfect.
Come on, the price is very high with £32.99. That`s a price range where it should be perfect.

Last edited: