Star Trek: Into Darkness (3D + 2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #10) [China]

Which option would you buy?

• Choice 1

Votes: 165 40.0%
  • Choice 2

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • Choice 3

Votes: 77 18.6%
  • None

Votes: 57 13.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 65 15.7%
  • Choice 1

• Choice 2

Votes: 38 9.2%
  • Choice 3

• None

Votes: 58 14.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 69 16.7%
  • Choice 1

• Choice 2

Votes: 39 9.4%
  • Choice 3

• None

Votes: 58 14.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 72 17.4%

• Total voters

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Star Trek: Into Darkness (3D/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) Blufans Exclusive
Release date: Somewhere in Nov 2013
There are 3 steelbooks to choose from, each design limited to 500 copies.
and also with a full slip numbered from 1 to 500 and bonus

Group buys:
Entire set group buy CLOSED!
Individual release group buy (limited 1 per member)Closed!

Pictures of the set:
View attachment 50130

Individuals artworks:
Choice A:
bf1.jpg

Choice B:
bf3.jpg

Choice C:
bf2.jpg

Attachments

• BF-STID.jpg
    BF-STID.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 768
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 596
Last edited by a moderator:

I was only speaking of the steelbook tripack I have and the seperate I have seen, people are putting the information in a way that seems confusing as they are asking the question not me.

From my friend At Blufans here is her response;

Hi,
I saw the posts.

There are indeed many versions(8):

tripack with ship model in boxset
Type A with ship model in boxset
Type B with ship model in boxset
Type C with ship model in boxset
tripack..with nothing else
type A
type B
type C

I myself only bought Type A with ship model, which, according to the number on the back, have a total print run of 600.
And I remember that for the tripack with ship model, it is limited to 100 copies.
And for each tripack either with or without ship model, the three steelbooks inside have the same limited number. The steelbooks inside a tripack are in the order you mentioned, since the spines of the 3 slipcase will combine into a whole picture.

Reactions: eLviS1987
Thank you very much for the confirmation about the 8 different versions.
It's very confusing. Nobody knows the exact quantities of the different versions.
The total print runs of the different steelbooks are known (600(A)+500(B)+400(C) = 1500)
But the steelbooks are shared by the 8 different versions.

Never mind! Thanks again for your help :thumbs:
It's good to know that there are indeed 8 versions.

Thank you very much for the confirmation about the 8 different versions.
It's very confusing. Nobody knows the exact quantities of the different versions.
The total print runs of the different steelbooks are known (600(A)+500(B)+400(C) = 1500)
But the steelbooks are shared by the 8 different versions.

Never mind! Thanks again for your help :thumbs:
It's good to know that there are indeed 8 versions.

yes the information comes from a blufans expert, but never the less, wether you buy tripack 1 or 2 , they will still contain the same type a,b,c steelbooks
so 200 copies are taken for the tripacks of each steels a,b,c of total print run

remaining left (400 A, 300 B, 200 C) that is left after tripacks were made as stand alone (sold seperately)

Reactions: eLviS1987
today Blufans started a thread and talked about the their exclusive steelbook artworks that have been denied either by film company or by themselves
and this is an exclusive artwork they tried to submit to Paramount...but Paramount said NO and Blufans could only use the three steelbooks that were used worldwide - which are the three steelbooks you have seen or have held in hands
this cover has also become concealed history and never has the chance to be used
170407o1ro2z1r4hw1pdao.jpg

170404luytbtz26gky0yl6.jpg

170406vee3u0703xuy0zyp.jpg

and here is an artwork - from a poster - Blufans were trying to use but had not designed as a steelbook...also never get to have a chance to be used
170434r7p8oe4vos7ecaue.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info AlamoSoul, always nice to get those insights :)...just love all the info you bring.

this is one of the thing I'm often disappointed about, studios release a killer poster for the movie but movie posters are rarely, almost never used for steelbooks. I often wish that some posters would end up on a steel but it is so rare.... I guess they want to make a different looking product to have the consumer interested with a different look than what they have seen in theatre.

I am Happy with the finished product though...I think this is one for the collector(tripack)

Last edited:
yes the Khan is the most limited only 400 were printed and 200 were used for the boxset so there was only 200 single steels of Khan left...keep on checking you might get lucky.

Thanks...Were they altogether in a Tri-pack originally?

I'm thinking to crack this one open...

No mate, they were all bought as separate singles as I only wanted one copy originally, then decided to get the other 2. But I imagine they were all sealed separately with stickers before they were put in the tri-pack then sealed again

Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Guys, if I open the tri-pack, would they be as if singles? I.e. sealed and will have the Blufans sticker?

That is what it looks like as My spok first steelbook in the tripack has the blufans sticker so I would assume Kirk and Khan would also have the stickers as well. in the Tripacks, all three steelbooks are sealed individually... but maybe someone who actually open their tripack would be able to double confirm my info. I think blufans produced all the steels individually and after that, they proceeded to put together their special packs. and the rest remained to be sold separately

Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
Guys, if I open the tri-pack, would they be as if singles? I.e. sealed and will have the Blufans sticker?
If you look carefully at the steelbook spines through the outer shrinkwrap, you can see that they are all individually sealed.

pbtour4il's excellent photos in post #645 reveal that they all have the Blufans stickers, as well:
Type A: 3D BD + 2D BD + DVD
Type B: 3D BD + 2D BD
Type C: 2D BD + DVD

59e3.jpg

vzty.jpg

3a5u.jpg

uoq3.gif

zl4b.gif

0ydn.gif

20ys.gif

lem.gif

q4d.gif