Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 21, around 9 AM for Red Carpet , at 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

12584863-1924769381743461.jpg

12584863-1244769382074100.jpg 12584863-1434769381918943.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to share my Official Zavvi contact has passed along their Reddit post (with the same reactions seen here) to their manager who passed it along to the appropriate Zavvi team member. Hopefully our opinions will be heard.

Unfortunately we all know Disney is really strict about artwork, especially once they’ve made up their mind. Just wanted you all to know Zavvi is aware of the feedback,

I think we should all write to their live chat, email, facebook or whatever and express our disappointment. I did so, and got a response from an employe saying that they will forward it to their superior.

It’s very highly unlikely it’s going to be that art mate. As @paulboland and I have said in previous posts, it’s likely to be the classic poster art. Paul can tell you more. But I’m 99.99% certain it won’t be the floaty head art. If it is I will give my entire steelbook collection away! Just to be clear, if it is, I won’t really give my collection away! :LOL:

As for trying to change the artwork, highly unlikely Zavvi can do anything about it at this stage now. It’s very likely all the artwork has been approved. But it will be fine, trust us! As for someone with a direct line..... try @paulboland - he works for them !! :LOL::rofl:
So @Steelselecta - you were right you had a 0.01% stake in being floaty head :rofl:

The Mouse House obviously know better...

• Haha
Reactions: Steelselecta
Never posted here before but I'm making an effort to express how awful this decision is. They have taken down their Reddit post so that's a promising sign that Zavvi may be considering changing this. Its going to be the sales of all 11 films that are affected so would make sense not to eff it up on the second release. I pre-ordered ANH and do think I would keep that one still, but definitely can't bare to waste money on this floating Vader head. Think it would actually pain me to do it.

Just wanted to share my Official Zavvi contact has passed along their Reddit post (with the same reactions seen here) to their manager who passed it along to the appropriate Zavvi team member. Hopefully our opinions will be heard.

Unfortunately we all know Disney is really strict about artwork, especially once they’ve made up their mind. Just wanted you all to know Zavvi is aware of the feedback,

interesting.....

Reactions: dfoles
I have no interest in pre-ordering either this or the New Hope one because I don't collect 4K Blu-rays. However, I wanted to give my two cents about the design of these steelbooks.

Why on earth are they using the new Disney-style logos for these? Ever since The Force Awakens, every main line Star Wars film (and now apparently the old ones) use the similar logos, that have the basic Star Wars logo/text and the names of the movies in between the Star Wars logo, using the exact same font every time. It's so lame. All the original trilogy films have very distinguishable and beautiful original logos, whereas all the Disney-era films (and re-labels of old films) use the same generic, boring logos that just scream STAR WARS in you face so that nobody would mistake them for anything else.

Why oh why, I mean this really goes back to the old age question of what muppet is signing this crap off? Does this A-hole jump from company to company sabotaging Steelbook releases?

I’ve worked with people in these positions at big companies and I have never seen this BS that happens with Steelbooksz

• Haha
Reactions: CleverLoginName
Teaser posters are supposed to “tease” an upcoming movie, with very simple artwork with a date. They’re usually very basic and plain. Why would they pick a teaser artwork for the best SW movie? (IMO) There are so many better artwork available, but they go with a closeup floating helmet? Disappointed