Star Wars Saga Limited Ed 1138 COPIES-3000 DOLLARS!!!

jimk

Premium Supporter
Nov 11, 2010
Pre-order: Amazon
http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=1325650

New and latest version of the box in which to propose the purchase of the Star Wars saga. George Lucas, along with his colleagues, working in five years it has selected about 200 thousand frames for each of the six films in the saga, collected in a box very special for the fans who want to spend the $ 3,000 needed to get their hands, from January 2011,
On the 'Star Wars Frames Box'. The casket will be available in limited edition of only 1138 pieces, many inspired by Lucas' first feature film, The Man Who fled from the future (1971, original title 'THX 1138'). Fine wood, two medallions depicting Darth Vader and Yoda on the sides, the box will also contain a DVD where Lucas and his collaborators describe these five years of work are used to select the images and the philosophy behind all his work.
CIRCULATION 1138 COPIES
PRICE ABOUT 3000 DOLLARS

starwarslimitededitionf.jpg

By Jimk

starwarsframes2.jpg

By Jimk

starwarsframes1.jpg

By Jimk

Last edited by a moderator:
I get that! But is it worth the money, that's the $3000 question

Maybe he could have done one for 99% of his fans, who made him a billionaire in the first place. Lucas has never given a toss about the fans of his films. Maybe he should be a little more humble IMO

Why does he need to make another cheap box set when he's made so much money already from re-releases, special editions, video games, books, toys, magazines, everything you name it. He's done plenty of releases and books for fans to enjoy. GL doesn't need to make a pointless re-release.

This is devoted for special hardcore fans, that A have the money to spend, and B who only want the 'best'. If you market it for the general public it won't be special would it?

To be honest for a little moment I was actually considering purchasing this in the future, but thought better of it lol. Not because I dislike the boxset, it is because I don't have $3k to spend!

Why does he need to make another cheap box set when he's made so much money already from re-releases, special editions, video games, books, toys, magazines, everything you name it. He's done plenty of releases and books for fans to enjoy. GL doesn't need to make a pointless re-release.

This is devoted for special hardcore fans, that A have the money to spend, and B who only want the 'best'. If you market it for the general public it won't be special would it?

To be honest for a little moment I was actually considering purchasing this in the future, but thought better of it lol. Not because I dislike the boxset, it is because I don't have $3k to spend!

I agree with everything you say, but the thing about rich people is they are only truly happy when there making money, and you can never have enough money! Now I would change my opinion of him of he did what Bill Gates did and become a philanthropist and gave a **** load of his money to charity and things like that, but I can't see good old George doing that!

And if he starts I'm gonna ask him for a few quid

I agree with everything you say, but the thing about rich people is they are only truly happy when there making money, and you can never have enough money! Now I would change my opinion of him of he did what Bill Gates did and become a philanthropist and gave a **** load of his money to charity and things like that, but I can't see good old George doing that!

And if he starts I'm gonna ask him for a few quid

Well mate GL is a business man and to get to where he is, you have to do what he needs to do. I know what you mean he has a lot of money and why can't he do a bit for his humble fans?

Every rich entrepreneur is different. While Bill Gates will eventually give all his money to charity, that's him and his decisions. At the end of the day remember this. We are the consumer. We are GL'S customers. At the end of the day GL supplies us with a service and product, we make the decision to buy this or enjoy his services. No one is forcing us to give GL more money than he already he has. So basically he can do what he wants and he knows the fans will still pay no matter what. In his views it's business, where as in your views you think he's a selfish bas**rd!

He is a billionaire by doing what he does and you need to remember that as well. All I can say is if you don't like this special release and think it is a 'rip off' than don't buy it lol. It's not marketed for the general public! Don't let this wind you up mate. I am happy with the 6 edition bluray box set :)

Well mate GL is a business man and to get to where he is, you have to do what he needs to do. I know what you mean he has a lot of money and why can't he do a bit for his humble fans?

Every rich entrepreneur is different. While Bill Gates will eventually give all his money to charity, that's him and his decisions. At the end of the day remember this. We are the consumer. We are GL'S customers. At the end of the day GL supplies us with a service and product, we make the decision to buy this or enjoy his services. No one is forcing us to give GL more money than he already he has. So basically he can do what he wants and he knows the fans will still pay no matter what. In his views it's business, where as in your views you think he's a selfish bas**rd!

He is a billionaire by doing what he does and you need to remember that as well. All I can say is if you don't like this special release and think it is a 'rip off' than don't buy it lol. It's not marketed for the general public! Don't let this wind you up mate. I am happy with the 6 edition bluray box set :)

I'm not getting wound up by it, I also like the Blu-ray edition mentioned, excepts the unnecessary changes to the original trilogy

I just like the banter and seeing others point of view, which is why we're all here on HDN and to get GB,s

So no probs with me mate, I'm always happy to chew the fat with people

Quite the lively thread in here, I just read yesterday that Lucas may be retiring. A little OT, but thought it was interesting, as I know he's always been a somewhat polarizing figure...lots of strong sentiments in this thread, too...

Quite the lively thread in here, I just read yesterday that Lucas may be retiring. A little OT, but thought it was interesting, as I know he's always been a somewhat polarizing figure...lots of strong sentiments in this thread, too...

Well DB, when I saw that 3,000 dollar box set limited edition, I can see GL did it purely for business and for fans with money. We can argue all we want its a waste of money, a rip-off, GL is selfish, etc....

But these will sell out, if not already sold out, as there are millions of fans across the world that would love to get their hands on such a fine limited edition box set. So GL probably doesn't care what we think. And if I was him I would do the same. I will create different limited and speical editions and market them for the different consumers that are available.

Just like vehicles. I like Audi but should I keep complaining about very expensive model I cannot afford when there is a cheaper version just right for my budget :)

I am sure GL has produced many SW books that I could even care priced around $20-30. If I had the money I would definately consider purchasing this. For me, I like to strive for the best and go for editions that are special and not many people can find or buy.

Same thing goes for Iron MAN fs. That steel has been sold for over $1000. If I really wanted to be blunt about it, is a bit of metal and red, blue, orangy yellow paint and a couple of discs worth that price? Some say it is, some say it is a rip-off. The ones who paid such a 'premium' are the hardcore collectors that must have this IM. The collectors who do not wish to pay such a preimum can get a cheaper version. I am not saying that if you do not get the IM fs you are not a hardcore collector.

The same goes for SW is a bit of wood and paper worth $3000? Most would probably say it is a waste of money and it isn't worth it. And the ones that say yes, they are the ones that will buy this and GL has done his business and sold them. Job done, well done GL, another extra a few dollars to go grow on your profits.

Last edited:
Does he have to be such a twat! Especially when it come to Star Wars fans, he always shows total contempt for the fans in interviews! It's almost like he wants the money the fans give him but doesn't care for the same people that have made him super rich.

He deserves the money for the product he produces, I for one am a massive fan of Star Wars and I wouldn't begrudge him his money, but I do think he needs an attitude adjustment! He should be a little more like his pal Spielberg like the change of heart with E.T. and just listen for once to the fans! I agree with DBabe that he does divide opinion and will always do so, so I guess not everyone will agree with me, but I won't take it personally :0)

This is the problem that comes when you are a sucker and a hardcore fan!

I think we got two different debates here.

The first is the $3000 boxset. The second is how he treats his fans.

Sunny-this has always been the name of the game in home video and other market segments. They'll resell the same movie over and over, because they will sell. It's not necessarily only Lucas, but the studio itself and everyone that owns rights to the films in some capacity. Hardcore fans will buy no matter what-it's always been that way, and it always will be:)

Of course DB I cuncurr :) But we focused predominently on Lucas because this limited collection was more or less created by him.

Sunny, oh believe me-I know millions of people feel the same about all of this...just a part of the whole history of this franchise.

Omg I'm upto over 500 posts and 20 of them are from this thread haha! Anyway back to the original topic. IF I had the money I'll most probably get this. The metal emblem, the fine wood, gorgeous books, very special indeed :) They are most probably sold out now.

Omg I'm upto over 500 posts and 20 of them are from this thread haha! Anyway back to the original topic. IF I had the money I'll most probably get this. The metal emblem, the fine wood, gorgeous books, very special indeed :) They are most probably sold out now.

No chance in hell. I can in thinking this was some special Blu Ray box set and I see its 6 picture books? Really...Really? For 3 grand? I have better things to do with my money even if I had it. Give me a hyper detailed model of the Millennium Falcon, X-wing, Tie fighter, Deathstar etc etc over a book anyday.