STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
I would only enjoy Superman killing Batman. Then I would want him to stop. :p

It was a friend of one of my friends who is younger than I am. I was telling them that I get the whole collecting physical media thing because they were saying that's why they buy dvds and books still, but if you like movies then you can't be settling for a lesser quality picture! I cringe even buying TV shows on DVD anymore, especially since I can purchase a lot of them on Vudu in HD.

Yeah, the whole 3 feedback and no sales in the last year are fishy. I don't know how sought after those are. I bet nobody bids on them. Like I said, I've looked at both of those on KULT Studio and framed editions cost $1099.

Ha! I can understand that.

Its hard to find young people that aren't always into the cutting edge of technology, as long as they can afford it that is. I can't say I know anyone younger or even my own age that isn't at least into standard HD. I think the last DVD I bought was Batman TAS volume 4. I felt dirty having to do it. :p

Does Kult ever have sales? I don't know if you are into Star Wars art or not but Acme Archives does a 25% sale every black Friday, and they actually started it earlier today.

• Thanks
Reactions: terp_fan99
Ha! I can understand that.

Its hard to find young people that aren't always into the cutting edge of technology, as long as they can afford it that is. I can't say I know anyone younger or even my own age that isn't at least into standard HD. I think the last DVD I bought was Batman TAS volume 4. I felt dirty having to do it. :p

Does Kult ever have sales? I don't know if you are into Star Wars art or not but Acme Archives does a 25% sale every black Friday, and they actually started it earlier today.

I must be a snob now because standard definition makes me cringe, ha. I don't really keep up with technology though, I have never owned an iPod or put my music onto my iPhone. I totally still listen to CDs in my car. If I had a newer car that had the plug in for the iPod then I may actually download all my tunes. Speaking of Batman TAS, I actually bought the first season for my nephew on his birthday.

I don't know that KULT ever has sales, I know very little about them. Heroic Fine Art is the company that's at all the conventions I go to. What is this Acme Archives place?

So Hot Toys just announced an ESB Vader. I think I'm good with the one Vader, I can barely tell the difference, ha ha. I wish they'd put up pre-orders for the other stuff they've shown like Baze, Royal Guard, Palpatine, Endor Luke & Leia, Tank Trooper, or even C-3PO. Seriously!

23754956_10155054764057344_8748785578027616174_n.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: SithLord84
I must be a snob now because standard definition makes me cringe, ha. I don't really keep up with technology though, I have never owned an iPod or put my music onto my iPhone. I totally still listen to CDs in my car. If I had a newer car that had the plug in for the iPod then I may actually download all my tunes. Speaking of Batman TAS, I actually bought the first season for my nephew on his birthday.

I don't know that KULT ever has sales, I know very little about them. Heroic Fine Art is the company that's at all the conventions I go to. What is this Acme Archives place?

So Hot Toys just announced an ESB Vader. I think I'm good with the one Vader, I can barely tell the difference, ha ha. I wish they'd put up pre-orders for the other stuff they've shown like Baze, Royal Guard, Palpatine, Endor Luke & Leia, Tank Trooper, or even C-3PO. Seriously!

23754956_10155054764057344_8748785578027616174_n.jpg

Ha! I'm definitely a snob too. I'll go even further, they should make it illegal if you get caught buying a DVD :LOL:. You buy a DVD and you go to jail lol. I still play CDs too, I've also got a cassette player too in my car and I bought one of those cheap adapters that go from your headphone jack in your phone/mp3 player to the adapter thing that goes in the cassette deck. I could upgrade to some cooler Bluetooth thing but I still like being old school. Good to hear you bought your nephew B:TAS season 1 :thumbs:.

This is Acme Archives: http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/ they've got artwork from a few different licenses including Star Wars. They've got prints and canvases. Prices range from $50 to $500. They've got a couple Alex Ross SW prints. But the really popular SW guy is Jerry Vanderstelt, he is really awesome. Here is the main SW stuff, there is a lot, some is 'meh some is really epic: http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/category/203/Feature-Film.html?page=1&sort=&view=&size=32. I think you'd really like this one: http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/product/SWANH454/Search-Your-Feelings.html?cid=203

That Vader does look pretty sweet, even though we can't tell the differences ;). I can't really blame them for releasing another Vader, both of the ones they've released have gone up in value already. Hopefully I'll buy this one when it gets in stock and then sell it a week later. I can't wait!

I'm leaving this here for you. Its really awesome and is already stuck in my head:

The Best Buy black Friday sales are live by the way. I just picked up the Batman and Harley Quinn Blu and I also picked up the DC game Injustice 2 on PS4. Off to bed now!

• Thanks
Ha! I'm definitely a snob too. I'll go even further, they should make it illegal if you get caught buying a DVD :LOL:. You buy a DVD and you go to jail lol. I still play CDs too, I've also got a cassette player too in my car and I bought one of those cheap adapters that go from your headphone jack in your phone/mp3 player to the adapter thing that goes in the cassette deck. I could upgrade to some cooler Bluetooth thing but I still like being old school. Good to hear you bought your nephew B:TAS season 1 :thumbs:.

This is Acme Archives: http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/ they've got artwork from a few different licenses including Star Wars. They've got prints and canvases. Prices range from $50 to $500. They've got a couple Alex Ross SW prints. But the really popular SW guy is Jerry Vanderstelt, he is really awesome. Here is the main SW stuff, there is a lot, some is 'meh some is really epic: http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/category/203/Feature-Film.html?page=1&sort=&view=&size=32. I think you'd really like this one: http://www.acmearchivesdirect.com/product/SWANH454/Search-Your-Feelings.html?cid=203

That Vader does look pretty sweet, even though we can't tell the differences ;). I can't really blame them for releasing another Vader, both of the ones they've released have gone up in value already. Hopefully I'll buy this one when it gets in stock and then sell it a week later. I can't wait!

I'm leaving this here for you. Its really awesome and is already stuck in my head:

The Best Buy black Friday sales are live by the way. I just picked up the Batman and Harley Quinn Blu and I also picked up the DC game Injustice 2 on PS4. Off to bed now!

That video was sort of funny, but Batman is still the worst. Congrats on your hauls, I bought nothing on Black Friday for the first time in probably a decade.

So it appears neither Batman or Superman is the first statue in the Kingdom Come line.

24172894_1611282848918351_5617303364133086864_o.jpg

By the way, I still can't get over you not liking Lord of the Rings. Did you not read the books growing up?

• Thanks
That video was sort of funny, but Batman is still the worst. Congrats on your hauls, I bought nothing on Black Friday for the first time in probably a decade.

So it appears neither Batman or Superman is the first statue in the Kingdom Come line.

24172894_1611282848918351_5617303364133086864_o.jpg

By the way, I still can't get over you not liking Lord of the Rings. Did you not read the books growing up?

Pshhht. Batman is clearly the best! :p

That's from the Kingdom Come line? Its says Shazam Collectibles. I would think that means there is a Shazam line. Although I know very little about the character so you'd know more than I would.

In grade school we read one of the books, I think it was the Hobbit. It seemed like half of the class was super excited when it was announced we were going to be reading it. I was just like zzzzzzzzzz. I don't remember any of it. I'm sorry LotR just doesn't do it for me at all.

I'm sure you saw this by now, but they are doing the 1/3 Cavill Supes

24175687_1527164827367785_2594972094387191808_n.jpg

It looks like his outfit is going to be fully mixed media which is a first for their 1/3s I think.

• Thanks
Pshhht. Batman is clearly the best! :p

That's from the Kingdom Come line? Its says Shazam Collectibles. I would think that means there is a Shazam line. Although I know very little about the character so you'd know more than I would.

In grade school we read one of the books, I think it was the Hobbit. It seemed like half of the class was super excited when it was announced we were going to be reading it. I was just like zzzzzzzzzz. I don't remember any of it. I'm sorry LotR just doesn't do it for me at all.

I'm sure you saw this by now, but they are doing the 1/3 Cavill Supes

24175687_1527164827367785_2594972094387191808_n.jpg

It looks like his outfit is going to be fully mixed media which is a first for their 1/3s I think.

Someone at Prime 1 confirmed that Shazam is Alex Ross inspired from Kingdom Come. Too bad I don't have money or space to collect 1:3 statues. Maybe now that Prime 1 is making Shazam, it will make Sideshow make him.

Interesting that they would go mixed media. I like how they've shown every Justice League character, but only a tease for Superman. Just show him already!

I am in another bout of extreme insomnia. I'm averaging about 2 hours of sleep the last three nights and feel like death.

• Thanks
Someone at Prime 1 confirmed that Shazam is Alex Ross inspired from Kingdom Come. Too bad I don't have money or space to collect 1:3 statues. Maybe now that Prime 1 is making Shazam, it will make Sideshow make him.

Interesting that they would go mixed media. I like how they've shown every Justice League character, but only a tease for Superman. Just show him already!

I am in another bout of extreme insomnia. I'm averaging about 2 hours of sleep the last three nights and feel like death.

I can't believe you're actually hoping for a SS version. I really don't think its going to be possible for you to go back to 1:4 once you get your first 1:3. You're probably going to have to sell off all your 1:4s so you can move up to the more epic scale. Then you should probably just throw all your HTs in the garbage where they belong. :rofl::p JK

They're probably waiting for the Con. I'm sure it will turn out awesome. I can't wait to see the pose.

That sucks. Are you working all week? A day off to sleep would do you some good.

• Thanks
I can't believe you're actually hoping for a SS version. I really don't think its going to be possible for you to go back to 1:4 once you get your first 1:3. You're probably going to have to sell off all your 1:4s so you can move up to the more epic scale. Then you should probably just throw all your HTs in the garbage where they belong. :rofl::p JK

They're probably waiting for the Con. I'm sure it will turn out awesome. I can't wait to see the pose.

That sucks. Are you working all week? A day off to sleep would do you some good.

I wouldn't buy a 1:4 Shazam either, I was just mocking Sideshow. I'm hoping Tweeterhead makes one. Or XM, but who knows when they'll actually start making their 1:6 line. Their DC line is going as quickly as their Star Wars line.

I'm hoping to be blown away by this convention! They better show some awesome stuff. This is how I want to feel after seeing all the new pictures.

23843231_1929962533936128_4230952296154265815_n.jpg

I took one day off and slept most of the day, but then I still couldn't sleep that night. I just lay in bed for hours. It's pretty awesome. I hate my brain.

• Thanks
I wouldn't buy a 1:4 Shazam either, I was just mocking Sideshow. I'm hoping Tweeterhead makes one. Or XM, but who knows when they'll actually start making their 1:6 line. Their DC line is going as quickly as their Star Wars line.

I'm hoping to be blown away by this convention! They better show some awesome stuff. This is how I want to feel after seeing all the new pictures.

23843231_1929962533936128_4230952296154265815_n.jpg

I took one day off and slept most of the day, but then I still couldn't sleep that night. I just lay in bed for hours. It's pretty awesome. I hate my brain.

Well at least Tweeterhead is doing pretty well with their Super Powers line. I wouldn't expect to see any DC stuff from XM for at least 5 years.

I'm really hoping you are hoping to see some hot female statue at the Con, otherwise if you are hoping to feel like that after seeing a bunch of male statues I'm starting to have concerns about you :LOL:.

That's terrible. Have you tired putting Lord of the Rings on before trying to fall asleep? :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

• Thanks
Well at least Tweeterhead is doing pretty well with their Super Powers line. I wouldn't expect to see any DC stuff from XM for at least 5 years.

I'm really hoping you are hoping to see some hot female statue at the Con, otherwise if you are hoping to feel like that after seeing a bunch of male statues I'm starting to have concerns about you :LOL:.

That's terrible. Have you tired putting Lord of the Rings on before trying to fall asleep? :rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Darn XM! I wonder what they will do next now that they've made most of the main Marvel characters. I wonder if they'll just start over like Sideshow did rather than move on to lesser known characters.

Nope, that's how I'll feel if there's multiple new Superman statues there. :p Do you watch South Park?

Lord of the Rings is too glorious and stimulating. Although the extended editions are a little much. My friend and I watched them, it took us 6 nights. I sold the extended editions after that. I prefer the theatrical...or the books. The Hobbit is one of only a few books that I've read twice.

• Thanks
Darn XM! I wonder what they will do next now that they've made most of the main Marvel characters. I wonder if they'll just start over like Sideshow did rather than move on to lesser known characters.

Nope, that's how I'll feel if there's multiple new Superman statues there. :p Do you watch South Park?

Lord of the Rings is too glorious and stimulating. Although the extended editions are a little much. My friend and I watched them, it took us 6 nights. I sold the extended editions after that. I prefer the theatrical...or the books. The Hobbit is one of only a few books that I've read twice.

I bet they remake some of them. I haven't been paying attention though have they made all of the X-Men yet? I'm surprised with how disinterested I am in Marvel collectibles, but I guess since I don't have room for that stuff I've never really bothered to see what they're craning out.

Ha! Sometime I watch it if I see its on, I used to watch it religiously when it first came out. I can't believe its been on for 20 years already!

I have a friend that actually used to put it on to help him fall asleep. And I fell asleep during the second one in the theater. :LOL: I don't remember much other than were a couple of trees talking to each other :facepalm:. Its just not for me.

• Thanks
I bet they remake some of them. I haven't been paying attention though have they made all of the X-Men yet? I'm surprised with how disinterested I am in Marvel collectibles, but I guess since I don't have room for that stuff I've never really bothered to see what they're craning out.

Ha! Sometime I watch it if I see its on, I used to watch it religiously when it first came out. I can't believe its been on for 20 years already!

I have a friend that actually used to put it on to help him fall asleep. And I fell asleep during the second one in the theater. :LOL: I don't remember much other than were a couple of trees talking to each other :facepalm:. Its just not for me.

I believe XM just started working on the X-Men. I know they've done a Storm tease at least. Sounds like Disney and Fox are back in talks about Disney purchasing their movie catalog. I'm sure XM would actually do more X-Men, Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer if that happens.

Yeah, South Park and The Simpsons have basically been on my brother's entire life. It's crazy to think about. I was watching Boy Meets World and the brother (Eric) was quoting South Park. It's weird to think that those two shows were ever on at the same time. Last season of South Park was hilarious. I only watched the first two episodes this year and kind of lost interest.

Um, those talking trees are called Ents! Get it right! I can't believe you fell asleep. Although the second one is kind of the most forgettable. The third movie where the riders of Rohan charge into battle is one of the greatest movie scenes ever. I would put the third one in my top ten movies. I can see why you wouldn't like Game of Thrones if you don't like Lord of the Rings.

Oxmox/Muckle has a new life size comic Superman coming out: http://www.studiooxmox.com/juicebox/superman_oxmox/superman_oxmox.html I actually think this one looks pretty cool. They also have a third life size Cavill coming out: https://www.secretcompassonline.com/Justice-League-Superman-Life-Size-Statue/ This is by far their best Cavill yet.

Is there quality any good? I've seen this statue before and didn't know who made it, I just thought it looked cheap.

xMM0SU1.jpg

• Thanks
I believe XM just started working on the X-Men. I know they've done a Storm tease at least. Sounds like Disney and Fox are back in talks about Disney purchasing their movie catalog. I'm sure XM would actually do more X-Men, Fantastic Four and Silver Surfer if that happens.

Yeah, South Park and The Simpsons have basically been on my brother's entire life. It's crazy to think about. I was watching Boy Meets World and the brother (Eric) was quoting South Park. It's weird to think that those two shows were ever on at the same time. Last season of South Park was hilarious. I only watched the first two episodes this year and kind of lost interest.

Um, those talking trees are called Ents! Get it right! I can't believe you fell asleep. Although the second one is kind of the most forgettable. The third movie where the riders of Rohan charge into battle is one of the greatest movie scenes ever. I would put the third one in my top ten movies. I can see why you wouldn't like Game of Thrones if you don't like Lord of the Rings.

Is there quality any good? I've seen this statue before and didn't know who made it, I just thought it looked cheap.

xMM0SU1.jpg

I know a lot of people want to see the Silver Surfer show up in the MCU, so if that deal could work out that would be pretty sweet. Once Disney/Marvel gets all of its house in order then we might finally see some type of deal strike up with Warners to get us a DC vs Marvel movie or movies. That would totally be dream come true!

Wow, Boy Meets World seems like a lifetime ago.

Ents?!? What kind of stupid s*** it this??? :LOL: Oh well, I do remember liking parts of the third one. I just couldn't get back into that one though because that would mean having to sit through the first two which isn't happening. I would more than likely just end up ripping the DVDs out of the player and breaking them in half.

Yup, that's their first one. I remember I showed you that one awhile ago. The quality on that one doesn't look that great, but there are so few choices out there for licensed life size stuff. But I can't stop looking at this new one:

superman_oxmox_dcr5.jpg

I even want it!

As for quality, I'm really not sure. These things usually run $3.5k - $4.5K which is middle of the road for life size. Otherwise you have those foam ones from Neca for $1K which look like crap, and then you have Sideshow which is like $8K minimum and doesn't look that much better. Here is a video of their first Cavill, I've watched this countless times and even though it doesn't look that great this video has made me think about getting this piece a lot. Their newer ones seem to look less mannequin-like than this one, so there have already been improvements.

• Thanks
I know a lot of people want to see the Silver Surfer show up in the MCU, so if that deal could work out that would be pretty sweet. Once Disney/Marvel gets all of its house in order then we might finally see some type of deal strike up with Warners to get us a DC vs Marvel movie or movies. That would totally be dream come true!

Wow, Boy Meets World seems like a lifetime ago.

Ents?!? What kind of stupid s*** it this??? :LOL: Oh well, I do remember liking parts of the third one. I just couldn't get back into that one though because that would mean having to sit through the first two which isn't happening. I would more than likely just end up ripping the DVDs out of the player and breaking them in half.

Yup, that's their first one. I remember I showed you that one awhile ago. The quality on that one doesn't look that great, but there are so few choices out there for licensed life size stuff. But I can't stop looking at this new one:

superman_oxmox_dcr5.jpg

I even want it!

As for quality, I'm really not sure. These things usually run $3.5k - $4.5K which is middle of the road for life size. Otherwise you have those foam ones from Neca for $1K which look like crap, and then you have Sideshow which is like $8K minimum and doesn't look that much better. Here is a video of their first Cavill, I've watched this countless times and even though it doesn't look that great this video has made me think about getting this piece a lot. Their newer ones seem to look less mannequin-like than this one, so there have already been improvements.

We could have Silver Surfer and Galactus show up in Guardians of the Galaxy. That would be fantastic. They need to make a Nova Corps movie, maybe throw in some Darkhawk. :p Plus all of the X-Men would be in the MCU. Craziness! And more importantly, maybe Disney would finally release the original versions of the Star Wars trilogy.

Here is another crazy one: Seinfeld and The Simpsons premiered in the same year (1989). Seinfeld has been off the air for nearly 20 years while The Simpsons is still going.

Do you like medieval type stuff like the movie Braveheart? What about Gladiator with Russell Crowe?

That new one does look amazing. I would have to see it in hand before even considering dropping that kind of money on something. Have they made Batman ones?

• Thanks
We could have Silver Surfer and Galactus show up in Guardians of the Galaxy. That would be fantastic. They need to make a Nova Corps movie, maybe throw in some Darkhawk. :p Plus all of the X-Men would be in the MCU. Craziness! And more importantly, maybe Disney would finally release the original versions of the Star Wars trilogy.

Here is another crazy one: Seinfeld and The Simpsons premiered in the same year (1989). Seinfeld has been off the air for nearly 20 years while The Simpsons is still going.

Do you like medieval type stuff like the movie Braveheart? What about Gladiator with Russell Crowe?

That new one does look amazing. I would have to see it in hand before even considering dropping that kind of money on something. Have they made Batman ones?

I'll sign a petition to bring Darkhawk into the MCU if you can find one. :p I would think bringing out the unedited SW OT would be a top priority. They'd get so much money. They might as well restore it in 4K or 8K while they are at it.

Thats really scary. I can't believe they can still come up with stuff for the Simpsons after all these decades.

I absolutely love Gladiator. I have to embarrassingly admit I have never seen Braveheart. I've always wanted to but I don't have it and its never on tv.

Their older Batman ones have been pretty much crap. This new Superman is the most amazing thing they've yet to produce. But they just made 2 different Justice League Batmans and they look pretty good too.

• Thanks
I'll sign a petition to bring Darkhawk into the MCU if you can find one. :p I would think bringing out the unedited SW OT would be a top priority. They'd get so much money. They might as well restore it in 4K or 8K while they are at it.

Thats really scary. I can't believe they can still come up with stuff for the Simpsons after all these decades.

I absolutely love Gladiator. I have to embarrassingly admit I have never seen Braveheart. I've always wanted to but I don't have it and its never on tv.

Their older Batman ones have been pretty much crap. This new Superman is the most amazing thing they've yet to produce. But they just made 2 different Justice League Batmans and they look pretty good too.

Wait, there is 8K now too? Good gosh, how much clearer can pictures get? But yes, they would make a ton of money releasing the unedited OT and Disney is all about money. Did I tell you I brought my nephews to Coco on Thanksgiving Day? Disney shamelessly added a 21 minute Frozen "short" before it and it was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Both of my nephews were getting restless and kept asking when Coco would start. I guess they pulled the short in Mexico because of all the complaints. Disney needs to keep their garbage away from Pixar.

I don't know that they can. The Simpsons isn't really funny anymore. I can't even sit through an episode.

That new Superman is awesome. Too bad it wouldn't fit in my basement so there's no way I would get it. My basement ceiling is only 92 inches tall and I guarantee that thing is a lot taller than that. Their Thor with his arm up is taller than 92 inches. I wonder why they don't make Star Wars statues.

• Thanks
Wait, there is 8K now too? Good gosh, how much clearer can pictures get? But yes, they would make a ton of money releasing the unedited OT and Disney is all about money. Did I tell you I brought my nephews to Coco on Thanksgiving Day? Disney shamelessly added a 21 minute Frozen "short" before it and it was one of the worst things I've ever seen. Both of my nephews were getting restless and kept asking when Coco would start. I guess they pulled the short in Mexico because of all the complaints. Disney needs to keep their garbage away from Pixar.

I don't know that they can. The Simpsons isn't really funny anymore. I can't even sit through an episode.

That new Superman is awesome. Too bad it wouldn't fit in my basement so there's no way I would get it. My basement ceiling is only 92 inches tall and I guarantee that thing is a lot taller than that. Their Thor with his arm up is taller than 92 inches. I wonder why they don't make Star Wars statues.

I think there is already 16K. I don't know what the point is anymore, I think thats getting to a point where human eyes won't even be able to tell the difference.

So Frozen is bad? I would never know since I'd never watch it, or Coco for that matter. I just can't stand those damn cringe inducing children's animated movies :LOL:.

Its probably a licensing issue. I'm not so sure if they did SW ones that they'd turn out that great. The Stormtrooper would probably be okay, but since they don't use mixed media for the main outfits their Vader would probably look terrible. Are you still doing the Superman guest room? That thing would look so awesome in there!

• Thanks