Purchase links:
Amazon.com
BestBuy.com
Notes: Includes: Hunt to Kill, Maximum Conviction, The Package, The Stranger
Finish: Gloss

The entire line-up of Anchor Bay 2014 Wave of Blu-ray SteelBooks

912KHSC0qIL._SX600_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
probably so since amarays are already out. I went ahead and ordered ... titles come out in May if for some reason Amazon wont carry then I can always cancel in due time. But release date matches all steels.

Reactions: wayne71
great score!

Finish: Gloss according to WRECK @ HDN ;)

Hmmm. I've been afraid that Anchor Bay is just going to use the artwork from the standard amaray as the artwork for these steels. I hope I'm wrong or this is going to turn out just like Paramount's Wolf steel: ugly art trying to hide behind a shiny finish.

US - Steve Austin 4 pack

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

4CS9OMy.jpg

yd31eeo.jpg

l25kPHu.jpg

urLocUo.jpg

M5QI0iD.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

mAr9hDQ.jpg

AUeCQ1R.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

m87vSTt.jpg

S9Lwud5.jpg

i quite like this steelbook. Great gloss finish and box design looks good. Might be a bit generic but at least they have but some effort into it rather than new Marvel Phase 2 backs :(

cant wait until i get this in hand.

Reactions: dfoles
I'm gonna have to pick this up - for space saving reasons, I'm a huge fan of multiple movies in one steel (Aliens, Bourne and Godfather spring to mind) and perfectly happy with the generic package as - let's face it - these movies aren't exactly screaming out for high art, embossing, etc - much as we all love that kind of shizzle.
Guilty pleasure for me this one.

So the regular amaray was released about month ago and is now selling at Wal-Mart for $19.97 CAD, and now they release a SteelBook version with the same art/contents for $15.97 CAD......... :wtf:

The one I got from Amazon was damaged, so I've been looking to replace it. Finally tracked one of these down at MovieStop for $9.99. And they seemed to have at least 3 of each of the Anchor steelbooks
15o7.jpg

Reactions: bealay and Jb162009