Upcoming Stranger Things (Season 5) [Netflix]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
STRANGER THINGS - NETFLIX
All Episodes - July 15 2016

A love letter to the supernatural classics of the 80's, Stranger Things is the story of a young boy who vanishes into thin air. As friends, family and local police search for answers, they are drawn into an extraordinary mystery involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl.

stranger things netflix.jpg

I'm waiting for full boxset when 5th and final season launches.
Usually by this time a previous season would be released on discs to coincide with the premiere of the next, but nothing still.
Are they just going to skip it, and make a complete series box set? Hope it'll be like happened with Brooklyn 9-9. Not like with Homeland, where they just left it without a last season release in HD at all.
5th season, or second part of the 4th?
I mean this season is twice the length of the first, around 13 hours vs 6.5 (2nd and 3rd were more than 7 hours each), so I'm assuming it's the last one.

Usually by this time a previous season would be released on discs to coincide with the premiere of the next, but nothing still.
Are they just going to skip it, and make a complete series box set? Hope it'll be like happened with Brooklyn 9-9. Not like with Homeland, where they just left it without a last season release in HD at all.
5th season, or second part of the 4th?
I mean this season is twice the length of the first, around 13 hours vs 6.5 (2nd and 3rd were more than 7 hours each), so I'm assuming it's the last one.

No. ST last season will be season 5. That has been confirmed.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Feels like forever since season 3, so I'm looking forward to catching up with the gang again. I'm probably the only one that isn't keen on all the episodes being over an hour long though... if I want to watch a film, then I'll put a damn film on lol.

I'm probably the only one that isn't keen on all the episodes being over an hour long though... if I want to watch a film, then I'll put a damn film on lol.
Oh, right. First three seasons had 8 eps each, at less than an hour each, and when they said S4 will be almost twice the length, I assumed it'd be more episodes, especially since they're splitting it in halves. Like Oz S4, had double the amount of episodes, 16 instead of regular 8.
But there's only 1 more episode, 9th, and they aren't splitting it in even halves either - only last 2 eps are set aside for July 1st.
So for it to be over 13 hours, each episode is about 1 hour 15 mins, with 7 and 8 1.5 hours, and the added 9th is basically a 2 and a half hour movie!
That could easily be another 3 episodes right there, make them with cliffhangers, whatever, we all watched '24' and wouldn't mind it.
It's 'strange'...

Reactions: Noodles
Oh, right. First three seasons had 8 eps each, at less than an hour each, and when they said S4 will be almost twice the length, I assumed it'd be more episodes, especially since they're splitting it in halves. Like Oz S4, had double the amount of episodes, 16 instead of regular 8.
But there's only 1 more episode, 9th, and they aren't splitting it in even halves either - only last 2 eps are set aside for July 1st.
So for it to be over 13 hours, each episode is about 1 hour 15 mins, with 7 and 8 1.5 hours, and the added 9th is basically a 2 and a half hour movie!
That could easily be another 3 episodes right there, make them with cliffhangers, whatever, we all watched '24' and wouldn't mind it.
It's 'strange'...
Boggles my mind too, but I'm sure it'll all make sense once we actually get to watch them. It's just that I already find TV shows take up soooo much time, and I always feel super unproductive if I'm sat in front of the TV for too long lol.

Feels like forever since season 3, so I'm looking forward to catching up with the gang again. I'm probably the only one that isn't keen on all the episodes being over an hour long though... if I want to watch a film, then I'll put a damn film on lol.

I've only recently watched 1-3 for the first time but looking forward to this, just annoying The Boys, Obi Wan and Ms Marvel are all coming out at the same time, I don't like having that many shows on the go at the same time

Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
I've only recently watched 1-3 for the first time but looking forward to this, just annoying The Boys, Obi Wan and Ms Marvel are all coming out at the same time, I don't like having that many shows on the go at the same time
Yeah, these next few weeks are gonna be crazy! And same... I can only watch one show at a time, maybe two at a push. Thankfully I don't bother with the Marvel shows though.

I don't like having that many shows on the go at the same time
I can only watch one show at a time, maybe two at a push. Thankfully I don't bother with the Marvel shows though.

4 shows is fine, if they're different.
Like right now I'm watching an episode of Modern Family for breakfast, either an episode of Oz or The Flight Attendant, when there's a new one out, for lunch, and at night Fear the Walking Dead.

But yeah, they often take all the free time in a day, so no movie at all.

Very only slightly off-topic, but has there been any other word of a Stranger Things 3 blu ray release? The Digital Bits reported on another Target release last month, but this entire month has gone by without a peep, and Target is cleared up for the remainder of this week, which would be the time to release it. Technically they could still do it next Tuesday, but it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

Not helping matters is that the site owner is being a gigantic manchild/ass and quite literally ignoring everyone who asks him anything about it.

On season three now, this show is so badass! I mean they got everything from the 80s down to a "T"...sneakers, candy wrappers, toys, books, vehicles, frackin everything, they didn't forget a thing! I love that they have a Pinto for a car, in the 70s my mother and I had a pinto, loved that little car. :thanks: :D

Very only slightly off-topic, but has there been any other word of a Stranger Things 3 blu ray release? The Digital Bits reported on another Target release last month, but this entire month has gone by without a peep, and Target is cleared up for the remainder of this week, which would be the time to release it. Technically they could still do it next Tuesday, but it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

Not helping matters is that the site owner is being a gigantic manchild/ass and quite literally ignoring everyone who asks him anything about it.
And now according to the BD discord server, he's even blocked someone on twitter for asking about a Stranger Things 3 BD lol.

Why the **** do people do this? Why make stuff up when you KNOW someone will just eventually ask about it? Does pretending they don't exist make it the same as if you never made the claim? :/

Oh man so far this new series is fantastic. Loving the horror takeover

I knew this new series was split but they are well long episodes! I like it

Good thing is you can binge this in two days/ evenings and then the other 3 you mention will be weekly on separate days except the boys will have 3 episodes drop on its first night then the week after ms marvel starts and the week after that obi wan finishes. So eventually it will only be the boys and ms marvel on each week on separate nights

• Informative
Reactions: tommyh84
Good thing is you can binge this in two days/ evenings and then the other 3 you mention will be weekly on separate days except the boys will have 3 episodes drop on its first night then the week after ms marvel starts and the week after that obi wan finishes. So eventually it will only be the boys and ms marvel on each week on separate nights

calculating the hangover GIF