Sucker Punch (Blu-ray SteelBook)-1st Release [Germany]

justintime2k

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Shoreham By Sea, UK
Sucker Punch Blu Ray Steelbook - http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00512DT00/?tag=hidefnin0d-21

Release date: 5th August

Ohh yeah :D

91jkfJ-I53L._AA1500_.jpg

Hi def back image

71Ypo3g6nyL._AA1108_.jpg

Update 8/5/2011 Sound issue info-thanks ralfers, who posted this in the thread.

"Apparently, something is wrong with the extended cut disc. Something with the audio.

Amazon: "Information zur Tonspur: Der Hersteller hat uns informiert, dass bei diesem Titel die deutsche und englische Tonspur überprüft wird. Sie werden eine kostenlose Möglichkeit zum Austausch erhalten, falls sich ein Defekt bestätigt. Amazon wird Sie zeitnah über die genauen Details des eventuellen Austausches informieren.

Google Translate: "Information on the soundtrack: The manufacturer has informed us that this title will be checked at the German and English soundtrack. You will receive a free way to exchange, if a defect is confirmed. Amazon will inform you promptly about the exact details of any exchange.

Updated replacement Info:

Thanks Urbeenjammin
warner has finally set up their free replacement disc program for the defect in the German audio with the extended cut.it seems that you don't have to send the original disc to get the revised version.they just need a copy of your receipt.the link here is provided by bluray-disc.de:
http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-n...umtauschaktion-fuer-sucker-punch-blu-ray-disc

Last edited by a moderator:
i want this steelbook too, but it seems pretty rare already. rarely on ebay or on here even

What you need to do is find someone on the forums who is from Germany and will let you ship to their address. There are many sellers from Germany who only ship within Germany. I've found their prices to be much lower on average but that's because they limit the rest of the world from bidding on their items.

I've tried a number of times to talk a German seller into shippin to the USA and offer to be the highest bidder and they still say "No." But, if you can find someone in Germany to ship to you can find great deals on German steelbooks from German sellers. Also, check Amazon.de and same thing....try to find a member and ship it to their house and then to you and you still might get a much better deal.

Reactions: Fork
I agree, German sellers can be a great way to get good prices. And especially on German titles like Sucker Punch. If a German seller is listing a title as only shipping within their own country I usually write to them in German and 90% of the time they are happy to send to the UK. Some of the very best steelbook sellers I've encountered are in Germany.

Reactions: lampshire2005
Got my copy today, this one is a real beauty!
I bought the 2nd print some time ago, but now as I can compare them directly, I have to admit that the 2nd print is just not worth buying, as long as there is the possibility to get the 1st print. Happy that I finally got this one.

Several off topic posts have deleted to keep the thread focused on discussions about the steelbook and the movie for the benefit of our members. Discussions on retailers and sellers should be made in its respective thread. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Reactions: digitalbabe
Very nice ;)

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

No, I don't mean the SDCC one. The first German release is gaining value all the time.

Here for £99:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUCKER-PU...VDs_DVDs_GL&hash=item4ab66e4630#ht_807wt_1413

And Masterblaster has one on his trade thread for €80

http://hidefninja.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2257

A new one did sell on eBay for £30 a while ago, but whoever nabbed it for that price got an amazing deal, it's worth much more.

I just bought one off eBay.de it may have been me, didn't look like it had jcard though ;)

I knew this would be rare one day and today is the day.
I bought 5 of this but all had been snap up cheaply. :hilarious:

I'm glad my last copy were taken by my new poisoned steelbook friend. chanfm :scat:

This is the no. 1 SP G2 steelbook out there followed by the Canadian one, if only CC one wasn't G1 it would have been the coolest steelbook out there, I'm just saying :p

I agree, German sellers can be a great way to get good prices. And especially on German titles like Sucker Punch. If a German seller is listing a title as only shipping within their own country I usually write to them in German and 90% of the time they are happy to send to the UK. Some of the very best steelbook sellers I've encountered are in Germany.

My God I love this forum. And now here's why.....
From the advice posted by VRob98 I contacted a German Amazon.de seller who agreed to amend his listing to international shipping. As a consequence, I have secured (what I believe to be) a mint, 1st release, with replacement disc, for a reasonable 40 GBP (including delivery).
WALLOP!

My God I love this forum. And now here's why.....
From the advice posted by VRob98 I contacted a German Amazon.de seller who agreed to amend his listing to international shipping. As a consequence, I have secured (what I believe to be) a mint, 1st release, with replacement disc, for a reasonable 40 GBP (including delivery).
WALLOP!
Well done man ;)

Thanks to this thread just realized i have 2 unopened copies of this SB tucked away. Bought the CA version when it came out - opened it and watched it and put the DE ones away for safekeeping...and promptly forgot about them!

Although i bought a couple of steelbooks before this, this was the movie that got me into collecting SBs.

Urbeenjammin's pics really show them off in their best light - great pics man!