Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: April 17, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £129.99

71-3eCt3ZsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 14272832-4285029655973873 Large.jpeg14272832-1375029656019095 Large.jpeg14272832-1935029656278571 (1) Large.jpeg14272832-1195029656300720 Large.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Premium Extras (Steelbook 5)
  • Superman '78 #1 Collectible Comic Book
  • Certificate of Authenticity
  • Photo Book
  • 3D 'Phantom Zone' Lenticular
Granted it doesn't actually include any discs though.
I was thinking about this, i like that they have included a bonus steel and the art is cool but surely those contents are small. No way a photo book will be that thick along with a comic book

Reactions: Noodles
Has anyone got any inside information, or even an inkling, that this set will show up at a North American retailer? These Superman films are still holes in my Superhero SteelBook collection, so I'd love to have them, even IV :oops:

I was thinking about this, i like that they have included a bonus steel and the art is cool but surely those contents are small. No way a photo book will be that thick along with a comic book
Good point. They've obviously all got to be small enough to fit inside that one steel... I'm guessing it won't have a disc insert, but still!

Reactions: Flloydo
Ahh I see. Still over priced though in my opinion. Might be a good pick up later when it drops in price though. I only want the superman 2 and dinner cut personally in 4K. 3 and 4 were pretty bad. Even 3 was worse than I remembered when last watched. Reeve himself though will always be superman to me. Like someone else said- anyone can play superman but reeve was superb as Clark too.
Honestly, I've only seen the third movie once and never even bothered with the fourth lol.

Reactions: Retro Parrot
Never liked Superman as a character, never watched cartoons or read comics about him, and never seen these old films (although all were newer in the 90s, than my 90's favorites are now), so I won't be buying this.
Great edition though, even an extra 5th steelbook just for fun... when some movies have none, not even a Blu-ray release at all.

likes, but want a premium to pick up those steelbooks, and wrap them up, lol, nicely....full slips, i.e.

That is a metal outer box isn't it? I'll be retiring to my own fortress of solitude if I buy this and it ends up being cardboard :cautious:

That is a metal outer box isn't it? I'll be retiring to my own fortress of solitude if I buy this and it ends up being cardboard :cautious:
Hmm now that you mention it, it doesn't actually state anywhere what it is. I'd say it definitely looks like one of those metal boxes in the image though.

Good point. They've obviously all got to be small ebough to fit inside that one steel... I'm guessing it won't have a disc insert, but still!
Yup, it'll be hollowed out like the 9th steel with the pins in the dark arts harry potter set. So the extras won't be that tall or wide, but they can be reasonably thick.

Reactions: Noodles
Yup, it'll be hollowed out like the 9th steel with the pins in the dark arts harry potter set. So the extras won't be that tall or wide, but they can be reasonably thick.
I didn't even realise that set came with pins inside an empty steelbook lol. Just looked it up though and see what you mean.

For anyone else who's curious...

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 18.57.06 Medium.jpeg

So Superman 1 3 and 4 won't release as standalone steelbooks? If thats the case why is Superman 2 getting one? (and the same design) or are we expecting more listings shortly?

So Superman 1 3 and 4 won't release as standalone steelbooks? If thats the case why is Superman 2 getting one? (and the same design) or are we expecting more listings shortly?
Because the donner cut is easily the best of the 4/5 films lol

Nice looking steels, but an easy pass for me. Superman III was so awful I convinced myself over time I must have been drunk when I saw it, so I forced myself to watch it again, and got drunk because of it. Quest for Peace was like a bad Saturday Morning kids special IMO. Although Reeve was awesome. Especially in III, which sucks incredibly bad, yet has the good/evil Superman battle I love. Like dating an ugly girl so you can meet her sister.

Ahh I see. Still over priced though in my opinion. Might be a good pick up later when it drops in price though. I only want the superman 2 and dinner cut personally in 4K. 3 and 4 were pretty bad. Even 3 was worse than I remembered when last watched. Reeve himself though will always be superman to me. Like someone else said- anyone can play superman but reeve was superb as Clark too.
Wasn't that Batman rather than Superman ("dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner; dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner; BATMAN!"). :rofl:

I'll get my coat... :)