Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: April 17, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - WB Shop - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £129.99

71-3eCt3ZsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 14272832-4285029655973873 Large.jpeg14272832-1375029656019095 Large.jpeg14272832-1935029656278571 (1) Large.jpeg14272832-1195029656300720 Large.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
You trollin?
I thought it was a continuation of that superman? I swear that’s how it was marketed when it came out. Plus returns in the title. Not that the title means anything but I swear it’s supposed to continue his story. Cos he f**ks off at the end of the reeves final film don’t he?

No it’s not. I thought he’s supposed to be the same superman? The Brandon Ruth one right?
Yeah in the terms that he "returns" haha but it's not considered in the reeve canon. It's a singular (admittedly better) entry in the superman franchise, but it's not like it's a sequel to reeve's sups 4. It also ******* bombed, and was only acknowledged in the CW series (again, admittedly well), but WB has no interest.

Yeah in the terms that he "returns" haha but it's not considered in the reeve canon. It's a singular (admittedly better) entry in the superman franchise, but it's not like it's a sequel to reeve's sups 4. It also ******* bombed, and was only acknowledged in the CW series (again, admittedly well), but WB has no interest.
I actually really enjoyed it when I was younger and preferred it over the reeves films. But I can’t stand dated superhero films with awful special effects and that’s exactly what’s reeves films are

But nah it is a continuation of that version. I already posted it above.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Looking into this homage sequel phrase, the new Halloween trilogy is technically the same because it ignores everything after the original Halloween. So yeah the Brandon Ruth film is Canon in Reeves superman series

Well I'll be! I always thought it was its own film. Then again I've never seen Superman 4, so obviously have no idea how it all even ended lol.
I can’t actually remember how 4 ends or if he goes off planet but the idea in the Ruth story is 5 years before returns he went looking for the remains of krypton

I actually really enjoyed it when I was younger and preferred it over the reeves films. But I can’t stand dated superhero films with awful special effects and that’s exactly what’s reeves films are

But nah it is a continuation of that version. I already posted it above.

Looking into this homage sequel phrase, the new Halloween trilogy is technically the same because it ignores everything after the original Halloween. So yeah the Brandon Ruth film is Canon in Reeves superman series
Hey, i prefer it too. To me, that sups series goes richard donner cut -> returns (and i pretend the rest doesn't exist) , but that isn't the reality of it. Reeves had 4 films, in continuity. That's that. Ruth had one, that "spiritually" followed 2, but bombed and didn't get officially referenced ever again. Unless you watched the 2 episode arc in the CW series, that WB had nothing to do with lol

Halloween isn't at all comparable. Universal (and carpenter) both produced and acknowledged Halloween 2018, and it's 2 sequels, to be actual sequels to the OG Halloween. There's no assumed spirituality to that. The same as H2O openly ignored 4-6, and followed 2. They are genuine different timelines, which is so messy, but canon is canon, and that's all there is to it imo.

Hey, i prefer it too. To me, that sups series goes richard donner cut -> returns (and i pretend the rest doesn't exist) , but that isn't the reality of it. Reeves had 4 films, in continuity. That's that. Ruth had one, that "spiritually" followed 2, but bombed and didn't get officially referenced ever again. Unless you watched the 2 episode arc in the CW series, that WB had nothing to do with lol

Halloween isn't at all comparable. Universal (and carpenter) both produced and acknowledged Halloween 2018, and it's 2 sequels, to be actual sequels to the OG Halloween. There's no assumed spirituality to that. The same as H2O openly ignored 4-6, and followed 2. They are genuine different timelines, which it messy asf, but canon is canon, and that's all there is to it imo.
It’s cool, I can wait for you to say “Sh!t there it is. He’s right. Flloyd is right”. Take your time

I’ve got all month

Preach. In all fairness though, the OG blu wave for the batman legacy films were pretty much bang on (save for forever being reversed), so wb evidently feel they need to come up with (sh!t) new "art". These sups flicks haven't had the same treatment.

How is this available on ONE website that doesn’t ship anywhere outside of the UK??
@Croweyes1121
It's only Superman II the separate Individual SteelBook that is a Zavvi Exclusive in UK
Superman I-IV Collection SteelBooks Box Set is not a Zavvi exclusive

The SteelBook Box set Collection It will be available to pre order from multiple UK/Ireland retailers from Monday
Other UK retailers purchase links will be added to the thread OP from Monday February 20th as an when the links are known

Some retailers will go live at different times and different days as in some after Monday

Amazon UK when goes live might be UK shipping only for a short period but will be available to pre order for delivery address outside UK a few days or few weeks later
This often can happen when Amazon UK listings first go live

There will also be a Box Set Collection release that will be Amaray or Digipacks that will go live to pre order from Monday