Terra Nova (Fall 2011)-Spielberg TV Show Thread[Cancelled]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
New Trailer:

Per IMDB:

Centers on the Shannons, an ordinary family from 2149 when the planet is dying who are transported back 85 million years to prehistoric Earth where they join Terra Nova, a colony of humans with a second chance to build a civilization.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have it sitting on my dvr right now, along with alot of other stuff.I have too much recording to watch it all the night i record it.

It's not bad. The wife and I will be watching it until/if it gets boring. Sort of reminds us of LOST, but hopefully not too weird - no answers. We like the time travel/ pre-historic aspect.

This seems worth checking out. Though will have to justify how a small group of people can beat futuristic aliens :p

I think you're referring to Falling Skies, not Terra Nova. No futuristic aliens in Terra Nova (at least not yet :) )

I caught a few minutes of the pilot episode. Can anyone explain why they have the technology to travel through time but not to travel (and terraform if needed) to another planet or moon in either the solar system or somewhere else in the galaxy?

I guess I have a hard time believing that time travel is somehow easier or more attainable. :)

I caught a few minutes of the pilot episode. Can anyone explain why they have the technology to travel through time but not to travel (and terraform if needed) to another planet or moon in either the solar system or somewhere else in the galaxy?

I guess I have a hard time believing that time travel is somehow easier or more attainable. :)

It's not that they have the technology to time travel, but rather, humanity has discovered a "time fracture" or "rift" which they test and also discover that it leads back to the Cretaceous period in an alternate timeline. It's more of luck that they found it than developing technology.
Kind of "Stargate" but by accident and dealing with time instead of space. :)

Another episode tonight, I don't see this show lasting. Unless they start developing some back-story like Lost. Its just going to be a "Solve This" per episode. Not enough to grab me.

Whatever happened to those writings on the wall people! lol.

This isn't grabbing my interest either.. It kinda feels good but doesn't really have a back bone or enough action for me..

For the size of the budget and the personnel on the project I was seriously expecting more! :(