Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £44.99

Terrifier Front.jpg

400000919_843211161138917_5657924960000276972_n.jpg 400270275_843211154472251_8411792723291996660_n.jpg 398558654_843213531138680_2387594373389637999_n.jpg

Terrifier.jpg

Last edited:
I like the colours but the likenesses are too different for me. I prefer all the seperate release steelbooks to this.

How does c##p like this get the 4K treatment whilst more deserving get a basic standard blu ray release?
Unbelievable.....:angry:

1, Major horror title with a lot of fans worldwide
2, First actual UK steelbook for the franchise, not everyone buys outside their country.
3, probably better than the c##p you'd pick over them lol

This is not a major horror title in any sense of the word. This is 100% an indie horror, that somehow got traction for a sequel.

Incorrect, it's pretty much the most important horror franchise of the last 10 years, and talked about in the same league as Scream, Halloween etc, Halloween started the same way, tiny budget, little interest etc. Terrifier is up there with the best and will be remembered now.

• Haha
Reactions: leelee17
Incorrect, it's pretty much the most important horror franchise of the last 10 years, and talked about in the same league as Scream, Halloween etc, Halloween started the same way, tiny budget, little interest etc. Terrifier is up there with the best and will be remembered now.
Not on your ******* life. You can't call something "important" just because you like it. I could say it's a total POS, because I don’t like it. I didn’t, I just said it wasn't a MAJOR title, because it absolutely is not. It is an indie film, quite literally by definition.

Nobody can utter this in the same breath as Halloween, or Scream. It's deluded and ludicrous to try and claim that.

Carpenter's Halloween has widely been credited as the beginning of the slasher genre, and will be remembered for it.

Scream reinvented the same genre for the modern audience, and will be remembered for it.

Terrifier will not really be remembered or talked about at all in a few years. The original was lo-fi indie. The sequel rode the social media hype wave. The 3rd will fall flat, and any further sequels will be VOD, like so many other B horror "franchises".

Not on your ******* life. You can't call something "important" just because you like it. I could say it's a total POS, because I don’t like it. I didn’t, I just said it wasn't a MAJOR title, because it absolutely is not. It is an indie film, quite literally by definition.

Nobody can utter this in the same breath as Halloween, or Scream. It's deluded and ludicrous to try and claim that.

Carpenter's Halloween has widely been credited as the beginning of the slasher genre, and will be remembered for it.

Scream reinvented the same genre for the modern audience, and will be remembered for it.

Terrifier will not really be remembered or talked about at all in a few years. The original was lo-fi indie. The sequel rode the social media hype wave. The 3rd will fall flat, and any further sequels will be VOD, like so many other B horror "franchises".
Incorrect on every level, but thanks for talking absolute utter rubbish.

Incorrect on every level, but thanks for talking absolute utter rubbish.
Mate, you can't unilaterally call something "incorrect" because you're getting fanboy sore over a film you had the inept to accurately classify. That is absolute rubbish.

Terrifier is by every definition "indie". There's nothing "major" about it. That doesn't mean you can't carry on enjoying it, but just accept it for what it is and give it a rest.

Mate, you can't unilaterally call something "incorrect" because you're getting fanboy sore over a film you had the inept to accurately classify. That is absolute rubbish.

Terrifier is by every definition "indie". There's nothing "major" about it. That doesn't mean you can't carry on enjoying it, but just accept it for what it is and give it a rest.
Indie doesn't mean ignored. I'm sure Fred Vogel would disagree since his films are very indie and the absolute pinnacle of dark horror gore.

The first film was very indie, but the second has seen award after award, major multiplex runs, and praised across the board. It's fully mainstream. So yes "incorrect" and no I'm not a fanboy, horror isn't my preferred taste, but this franchise has gone mainstream whether you like it or not. It's pushed the envelope in darkness, attracted Tarantino, Roth and others to see a real modern horror movie that beats weak rubbish like every horror except it over that last 15 years.... So yes.... Incorrect... You just don't like the films, but don't try for a split second to try bashing something you clearly aren't learned on in any way.

Indie doesn't mean ignored. I'm sure Fred Vogel would disagree since his films are very indie and the absolute pinnacle of dark horror gore.

The first film was very indie, but the second has seen award after award, major multiplex runs, and praised across the board. It's fully mainstream. So yes "incorrect" and no I'm not a fanboy, horror isn't my preferred taste, but this franchise has gone mainstream whether you like it or not. It's pushed the envelope in darkness, attracted Tarantino, Roth and others to see a real modern horror movie that beats weak rubbish like every horror except it over that last 15 years.... So yes.... Incorrect... You just don't like the films, but don't try for a split second to try bashing something you clearly aren't learned on in any way.
I think you've forgotten where this stemmed from... you calling something like this major, when it just isn't. That's literally all I said, and you've carried the **** on.

I didn’t say it was ignored. I didn’t even say it was bad. I said it was an indie film, which it is regardless of who likes it. There's nothing wrong with that, so no brush to tarnish with there.

Indie literally means independent, i.e without the backing of a studio or production company. The original had a crowdfunded budget, as did the sequel, plus other private backer funding.

Frightfest type awards are not that uncommon for these types of films, neither is the extremely limited theatrical run it had.

Whether I like it is irrelevant, but for the record I did like the original for what it is. The sequel, I thought was incoherent and bloated. Neither are in the same league pioneers of the genre.

This is not mainstream horror, and I think you need to reevaluate your definition of the term incorrect, as you're literally throwing the word around as an opinion.