Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £44.99

Terrifier Front.jpg

400000919_843211161138917_5657924960000276972_n.jpg 400270275_843211154472251_8411792723291996660_n.jpg 398558654_843213531138680_2387594373389637999_n.jpg

Terrifier.jpg

Last edited:
I think you've forgotten where this stemmed from... you calling something like this major, when it just isn't. That's literally all I said, and you've carried the **** on.

I didn’t say it was ignored. I didn’t even say it was bad. I said it was an indie film, which it is regardless of who likes it. There's nothing wrong with that, so no brush to tarnish with there.

Frightfest type awards are not that uncommon for these types of films, neither is the extremely limited theatrical run it had.

Whether I like it is irrelevant, but for the record I did like the original for what it is. The sequel, I thought was incoherent.

This is not mainstream horror, and I think you need to reevaluate your definition of the term incorrect, as you're literally throwing the word around as an opinion.
And missed the point entirely. This DOES deserve a UK steelbook release, there is enough fans for it to sell out.

And yes it has become somewhat mainstream. Thanks to good marketing and word of mouth. And a lot more than Frightfest awards. Horror movies outside Craven and a few others are always indie, doesn't diminish the fanbase or attraction, Pulp Fiction was an indie film, as were all Miramax releases once upon a time,

This IS a major horror title for UK horror fans. It deserves this release.

And missed the point entirely. This DOES deserve a UK steelbook release, there is enough fans for it to sell out.

And yes it has become somewhat mainstream. Thanks to good marketing and word of mouth. And a lot more than Frightfest awards. Horror movies outside Craven and a few others are always indie, doesn't diminish the fanbase or attraction, Pulp Fiction was and indie film, as were all Miramax releases ounce upon a time,

This IS a major horror title for UK horror fans. It deserves this release.
Fml. When did I say it didn't deserve a steelbook release... You're arguing with the wrong person...

It is an independent horror film. It is not a mainstream film, and it is not a "major" franchise in any conceivable way.

Feel free to say that in 10 years time, if anyone remembers it more than a fleeting fancy that faded into obscurity.

Let's face it, opinions are going to differ, all is subjective...

Horror does seem to have had a bit more of a revival over the last few years and for some the Terrifier franchise will be a welcome addition..
To be fair, I've only seen the first movie and found it to be pretty bad, setting the Horror genre back years, taking the slasher element to an unentertaining level, but that's just my opinion.
Do I like Horror? Yes I do but not everything. I'm sure some would question some of my choices. Let's face it, if everyone liked the same movies, music, tv etc the world would be a less colourful and diverse one...