The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

thewoe

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse
Premium Supporter
Dec 10, 2012
United Kingdom
Release Date: September 1st, 2014
Price: £16.99 - £9.99
Link: http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/blu-ray/the-amazing-spider-man-2-(2)
Group Buy: Masterblaster or Naughtius Maximus

Notes: 2D Only, Confirmed to be Embossed
0E53F9A6-A841-4459-991B-960CF7690A71_zpsxc396gas.jpg

Other Artwork:
3A4BAF21-3C19-4EEF-B5FE-978F6A3AC63F_zpscb7xwpac.jpg

E72E651E-A85C-45D7-B4C6-1EA9D9A16308_zpsxynyktwi.jpg

5B577C45-F8E8-4AB5-85E9-0A5BB5CFA285_zpsu3oy2wt8.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 2,448
Last edited:
Scanavo said:
We congratulate Sony Pictures Home Entertainment UK with the Amazing Spider-Man 2 and this amazing looking SteelBook™. Enjoy the cool treatments such as silk varnish and embossing! A real piece of art:)
Pre-order this amazing Spider-Man SteelBook™ at hmv.

Silk varnish? That's a new one.

Silk varnish? That's a new one.

Not at all...it's just raised ink that can be touched and that creates a nice visual effect on the Steelbook. It has been used MANY times before on great steelbooks. A beautiful one that comes to mind is the CA version of Requiem For A Dream :drool:

picture.php

Last edited:
Reactions: SaberTooth
Will this silk varnish treatment apply to the German version? Was going to cancel it in favour of the HMV edition but would like the 3D and can't justify double dipping on a blind buy

Still not digging the big black border, but the silk varnish sounds interesting. Do we know of any other examples of it's use other than Requiem For a Dream?

Lack of 3D is no biggie for me, the other half is buying the 3D amaray. Same way it went for the first AS-M.

That black border though :wtf:

Still getting this but it had the upmost amount of potential, oh well guess we will have to wait to see it in hand now...

Not quite a 'design a steelbook' competition, as I first thought when I saw it, but an interesting bit of steelbook promo nonetheless

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3708662

Either way, I shall be on this like a tramp on chips and couldn't give Electros blue balls that 3d isn't included as it means a steel mercifully free of the 3D slapped on front and spine, that blighted the UK releases of Man of Steel, Gravity and Pacific Rim steels, plus that jumbo Hobbit Extended edition.

With great Steel design power comes great responsibility ... Etc :D

Reactions: Flloydo
Cool. So we get a free poster with our purchase of the winning design. Sweet. Good luck to all that enter

Nobody mentioning that the film wasn't very good then? Unlikeable lead, bad guys not fleshed out enough. One of them so campy (Elektro) coulda come straight outta Batman & Robin, the other (Goblin) felt forced with little characterisation.

All in all, this film lacked the charm and identity of Raimi's Spidey 2. Just my two cents :)

Reactions: SaberTooth
You really cant compare this movie to batman & Robin. Amazing Spiderman 2 whilst not being a perfect spiderman film, it was a good movie, more of a nod to the comics than the rami films.

Batman & Robin was just one big toy advertisement.

Reactions: Troll2Fan
I think I'm just not as happy they don't stick to the comics as much but I know it's not always easy to follow comics and things have to be fleshed out but sometimes just feels forced and the way the villians look and are done just look awful costumes and everything.