THE CRITERION COLLECTION 50% sale @ Barnes & Noble 1st July - 28th July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

severo

Premium Supporter
Jul 4, 2013
Vienna / Austria
i'm creating this thread for the upcoming CRITERION COLLECTION sale @ barnes & noble (in-store and online).
according to several other sites, this year the sale will last from 7/1 to 7/28.

this is where it will happen online (they ship internationally):

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Criterion-Collection-Blu-ray-Disc-DVD-Special-Editions/379003202?r=1

it's worth mentioning that the sale is

* 50% off the list price (i.e. 39.99), not the current prices at B&N.

* all new 2014 titles will be included, also the ones that come out in july (Pickpocket, Scanners, Essential Jacques Demy, Insomnia, Big Chill)

* US locals might get lucky with code stacking when bought in-store (i.e. 50% off, -10% for B&N members, and then 20% additional off with voucher code).

(list will get edited if i find more useful infos)...

so, what's your shopping list for this year?

here is mine:

A HARD DAY'S NIGHT
SCANNERS
THE BIG CHILL
INSOMNIA
JUDEX
BRAZIL
SLACKER
EYES WITHOUT A FACE
L'ECLISSE
THE LIFE AQUATIC...
DAZED & CONFUSED
LA JETEÉ / SANS SOLEIL
THE ICE STORM
HAROLD AND MAUDE
... and maybe a few others i dont have yet.... ;)

link to HDN criterion forum: https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=81

Last edited:
I might buy the Pierre Etaix boxset and have a friend ship it to me. But lately I've bought a lot from BIOH on eBay for prices lower than the B&N sale so I've not got much left on my wishlist. :)

'Tis the season! I'll be a little short on cash for a while, so I'll have to postpone my Criterion purchases until the inevitable November sale. :(

I'll be looking to get Scanners and maybe Judex, but that'll probably be it for now. Luckily for my wallet, I'm not too interested in the most recent titles that Criterion has put out, but once September rolls around... it's like Criterion read my personal wishlist. Time to start saving. :drool:

Scanners. Mostly for all of the incredible Connor Willumsen illustrations, though I do like the movie too.

And maybe The Life Aquatic and Fantastic Mr. Fox.

sold off most of my Wes Anderson collection last year and have been waiting for the right time to pick them all back up.

time to throw out some of my money...:thumbs:
btw i never bought at B&N, can I pay first and ask them to keep my order and ship my order in September? i'll go study in USA in Sept so I guess I could save some shipping fee then

btw i never bought at B&N, can I pay first and ask them to keep my order and ship my order in September? i'll go study in USA in Sept so I guess I could save some shipping fee then

their CS is about the same as zavvi's... copy/paste replies and not really helpful with special enquiries. so i wouldn't bet my money that this is possible.
;)

but maybe worth a try. :)

Reactions: AlamoSoul

You could maybe wait for their November sale, that is, if you are still in the US at that time.

Reactions: AlamoSoul
Maybe just this three for now:
Thief 19.99
A Hard Day's Night 19.99
Blue is the Warmest Color 12.49

50% discount plus 10% membership discount and 20% discount coupon.:LOL:

Sale prices not yet active in stores. I will just reserve for pick up then go to the store tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: PunkNinja
Maybe just this three for now:
Thief 19.99
A Hard Day's Night 19.99
Blue is the Warmest Color 12.49

50% discount plus 10% membership discount and 20% discount coupon.:LOL:

Sale prices not yet active in stores. I will just reserve for pick up then go to the store tomorrow.

Where did you get the 20% discount coupon?

Status
Not open for further replies.