The Dark Knight (Le Chevalier Noir) (Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
There are two versions of this steelbook in France.

The FNAC exclusive version that came with a 32 page comic, 2 cards and a photo.

The regular edition steelbook with no extras.

The FNAC version is now very hard to find, and in fact has made many people's top 10 list of hardest steelbooks to acquire.

Image below was found from google search.

Regular edition:

22432389_1418346.jpg

FNAC exclusive edition (image found on e-bay):
fnac_dark_knight.jpg

Last edited:
No, only two french releases for TDK :

- The FNAC one, with 2 photos and 1 booklet in a cardholder.
- The regular one, without anything else than a steelbook.

Both of them are 2 discs editions.
You have the regular one, which is quite common. The FNAC exclusive TDK is one of the 10 rarest steelbooks, in my opinion.

Nice one P, but apart from those extra postcards it looks identical to the 1st print German one, no?

Yes. But the German steelbook is matte finish, and the French steelbook is glossy. :) Same as the 1408 German steelbook
Nice one and thanks for the confirmation, I'm about to sell my German 1st print one, the new Japanese and French ones will suffice for me ;)

Is it wrong of me to want this more than anything in the world? I know I should probably say world peace or an end to hunger or something but I just can't lie.

Guys can someone correct me if I am wrong but if the front states the other line 'Edition Collector Deux Discs' Is that 100% the FNAC version?

If so, without even knowing it I own it but don't have any of the additional postcards or booklet as I purchased it off ebay. Grrrr. :angry:

Last edited:
In the FNAC Edition, there is a black portfolio with 2 cards and a comic inside.

Otherwise, it is the regular edition.

In France, at the release. This movie was edited only in steelbook. All stores had this one in steelbook, but FNAC included the portfolio with gifts inside. It was sold out in few days in the FNAC of my town.
I think, quantities of sale are less important that now, and few quantites were edited with the gifts in FNAC.
Now, even the sealed regular edition become difficult to find it.

In the FNAC Edition, there is a black portfolio with 2 cards and a comic inside.

Otherwise, it is the regular edition.

In France, at the release. This movie was edited only in steelbook. All stores had this one in steelbook, but FNAC included the portfolio with gifts inside. It was sold out in few days in the FNAC of my town.
I think, quantities of sale are less important that now, and few quantites were edited with the gifts in FNAC.
Now, even the sealed regular edition become difficult to find it.

But there is an extra tagline on the cover of the FNAC version yes?