The Dark Knight (Le Chevalier Noir) (Blu-ray SteelBook) [France]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
There are two versions of this steelbook in France.

The FNAC exclusive version that came with a 32 page comic, 2 cards and a photo.

The regular edition steelbook with no extras.

The FNAC version is now very hard to find, and in fact has made many people's top 10 list of hardest steelbooks to acquire.

Image below was found from google search.

Regular edition:

22432389_1418346.jpg

FNAC exclusive edition (image found on e-bay):
fnac_dark_knight.jpg

Last edited:
So if It's sealed and it says" Le Chevalier Noir" in the first line in the front and in the second line it says " Edition Collector Deux Discs" then this means it's the FNAC edition???

it is only the fnac when its got the fnac Banner on the Front and the Comic on the back (under the shrinkwrap)

everything else could be faked

it is only the fnac when its got the fnac Banner on the Front and the Comic on the back (under the shrinkwrap)

everything else could be faked

Faked? I bought it used from ebay. I didn't buy it shrinkwrapped so I am unsure if it ever came with those extras. How easy would it be to fake this steel by adding an extra (very small) sentence! :drool:

Last edited:
Faked? I bought it used from ebay. I didn't buy it shrinkwrapped so I am unsure if it ever came with those extras. How easy would it be to fake this steel but adding an extra (very small) sentence! :drool:

i dont know...if its possible to get the comic, you could add the regular Fr Steelbook...*bing* Fnac Steelbook

i saw a Dark Knight Fnac Auction on ebay...Steelbook was sealed, with a round Fnac Price Sticker on the back (you can buy the Dark Knight Steelbook at Fnac)
but its not the FNAC exclusive...and the Comic was a loose extra to the Steel...so...a "fake"

I'm on the verge of abandoning my Batman collection due to this steel. Hunted and hunted and can't even find anyone who had one let alone one for sale.

Can't see the point of having all the steels bar one. Driving me nuts.

I'm on the verge of abandoning my Batman collection due to this steel. Hunted and hunted and can't even find anyone who had one let alone one for sale.

Can't see the point of having all the steels bar one. Driving me nuts.

Yes it can be frustrating this hobby I tell you. But don't give up. You never know when that time will show up. Perhaps it is time to refocus on another steelbook set or digibooks or comics or simply collectible figurines perhaps. Personally the steelbooks I really wanted presented themselves almost out of the blue, when I least expected.

Stay the course my friend, and hang in there.

Reactions: OxfordNick
Yes it can be frustrating this hobby I tell you. But don't give up. You never know when that time will show up. Perhaps it is time to refocus on another steelbook set or digibooks or comics or simply collectible figurines perhaps. Personally the steelbooks I really wanted presented themselves almost out of the blue, when I least expected.

Stay the course my friend, and hang in there.

I agree with Ash on this 100 percent. Sometimes you just have to shift that focus to something else while keeping your eyes (maybe even ears) open for it. You never know when you might get lucky. I can say I have given up on a lot of titles only to find them not too long after. Anything is possible...;)

Reactions: OxfordNick
Did the FNAC edition have a different barcode?

I'm sure I have it as I said before the extra tagline is on the front and I guess like with other parts, some people fail to realise the value of the card backing and any extras such as the comic.