The Disney Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusives) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K (except for The Jungle Book/Little Mermaid).

The Disney Collection link

Listing:
#35: Treasure Planet (February 8, 2016) - Buy
#??: The Princess and the Frog (October 12, 2015) - Buy
#34: Brother Bear (June 22nd, 2015) - Buy
#33: The Sword in the Stone (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#32: The Emperor's New Groove (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#31: Big Hero 6 (May 25th, 2015) - Buy
#30: Beauty and the Beast 3D+2D (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#29: Tarzan (December 20th, 2014) - Buy
#28: Tangled 3D+2D (November 10th, 2014) - Buy
#27: Sleeping Beauty (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#26: The Lion King (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#25: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#24: The Fox and The Hound (October 06th, 2014) - Buy
#23: Pocahontas (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#22: The Rescuers (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#21: The Aristocats (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#20: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#19: Mulan (July 21st, 2014) - Buy
#18: Hercules (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#17: Pinocchio (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#16: Robin Hood (June 4th, 2014) - Buy
#15: Mary Poppins (March 3rd, 2014) - Buy
#14: Cinderella (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#13: Bambi (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#12: Frozen (March 31st, 2014) - Buy
#11: Alice in Wonderland (May 30, 2014) - Buy
#10: 101 Dalmatians (March 10, 2014) - Buy
#09: Dumbo (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#08: Lady & the Tramp (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#07: Peter Pan (February 10, 2014) - Buy
#06: Fantasia (January 20, 2014) - Buy
#05: Planes (December 2, 2013) - Buy
#04: Wreck it Ralph (January 19th, 2014) - Buy
#03: The Little Mermaid (September 23rd, 2013) - Buy
#02: The Jungle Book (August 12, 2013) - Buy
#01: Aladdin (July 8th, 2013) - Buy

Not part of the official Zavvi's Disney Collection:

- Alice in Wonderland 3D+2D (February 22nd, 2016) - Buy
- Oz the Great and Poweful 3D+2D (May 4th, 2015) - Buy
- Frankenweenie 3D+2D (April 05th, 2015) - Buy
- Zootropolis 3D+2D (July 25th, 2016) - Buy
- Moana 3D+2D (April 3rd, 2017) - Buy

Disney Lenticular Steelbooks:

- The Rocketeer 3D+2D Lenticular (November 28th, 2016) - Buy
- Snow White Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Brave 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Toy Story 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Frozen 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Monsters, Inc 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- The Lion King 3D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Finding Nemo 3D+2D Lenticular (February 27th 2017) - Buy
- Wreck It Ralph 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Tangled 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Beauty and The Beast 3D+2D Lenticular (March 13th, 2017) - Buy
- Tron Legacy 2D Lenticular (March 20th, 2017) - Buy
- The Lone Ranger 2D Lenticular (March 27th, 2017) - Buy
- Fantasia Lenticular (April 10th, 2017) - Buy
- Big Hero 6 3D+2D Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy
- Lilo & Stitch Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy

- Avengers Assemble 3D+2D Lenticular (April 23rd, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The First Avenger 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Guardians of the Galaxy 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 2 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor: The Dark World 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- The Incredible Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- Ant-Man 3D+2D Lenticular (October 24th, 2016) - Buy
- Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D+2D Lenticular (October 31st, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2D Lenticular (November 7th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2 2D Lenticular (November 14th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 3 2D Lenticular (November 21st, 2016) - Buy
- Captain America: Civil War 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy
- Doctor Stranger 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I still waiting for Oliver & Co and Fantasia 2000

I second this would love a steel for Oliver & Co as I grew up watching this on repeat on the daily for quite some time. One of my favs for sure that unfortunately doesn’t get much love these days compared to some of the more popular Disney’s.

Reactions: Stuc
I second this would love a steel for Oliver & Co as I grew up watching this on repeat on the daily for quite some time. One of my favs for sure that unfortunately doesn’t get much love these days compared to some of the more popular Disney’s.
As a completionist, want all the films they haven’t released as of yet to come out! Oliver & Co would be nice of course, but honestly don’t know if we’ll ever get to a point where we have a full set released.

On a similar topic, I’m still massively bummed that we haven’t got an alternative Toy Story 4 release yet. I cancelled the Zavvi steelbook when the artwork was announced, still patiently waiting for a release that matches the first three original steelbooks.

Reactions: Stuc
As a completionist, want all the films they haven’t released as of yet to come out! Oliver & Co would be nice of course, but honestly don’t know if we’ll ever get to a point where we have a full set released.

On a similar topic, I’m still massively bummed that we haven’t got an alternative Toy Story 4 release yet. I cancelled the Zavvi steelbook when the artwork was announced, still patiently waiting for a release that matches the first three original steelbooks.

I agree, though even a non-completionist....I mean, everyone must get really annoyed there's a collection out there that randomly skips number 3 when going from 1 to 5 (they must have had an idea what number 3 would be?), then goes to 12 (?!?!, where's 6-11?!), goes on quite consistently until number 50, but randomly misses numbers 22, 27, 38, 44 and 46?! Is it just me or is this all really random :shipped::shipped:?!

Is it possible for someone to update the front page? Outside of chicken little and meet the Robinsons, I’m completely lost on what is missing from the collection. It would be much appreciated if someone who knows could update. Thank you

Reactions: GoDo
I agree, though even a non-completionist....I mean, everyone must get really annoyed there's a collection out there that randomly skips number 3 when going from 1 to 5 (they must have had an idea what number 3 would be?), then goes to 12 (?!?!, where's 6-11?!), goes on quite consistently until number 50, but randomly misses numbers 22, 27, 38, 44 and 46?! Is it just me or is this all really random :shipped::shipped:?!
Haha. Yeah, there is this. And then there are the elusive 1940s Disney films, one or two of which I don’t believe have had any form of blu-ray release.

I know it’s not on Zavvi, but it irks me that we get multiple releases of certain films and there’s lines like the Disney collection that have titles missing...

Disney / Zavvi should have not made something like this, call it a "line" or "collection" if they wouldn't be able to finish it.

It should have been a consistent collection and the titles should have gone in order.

Zavvi start things and never finish.

• Friendly
Reactions: gaeljet
In that case nobody, including premium retailers, should ever start a line of anything. There is no way to know in advance that they will ever be able to get the rights to everything that is ever released or even if they will be able to maintain any consistency.

Personally, I don't know why anybody who insists on complete lines or consistency between releases ever collects any line of anything that isn't completely revealed in advance.

Retailers don't owe anybody anything. Whenever somebody asks "is it too much to ask that Zavvi, or Best Buy or Disney or Star Wars maintain consistency with releases over a period of years blah blah blah..." I always think Yes, yes it is. Especially when people ask the question of other people instead of asking the people who make these things.

I believe the reply they would receive is "Uh who the f*** are you and how did you get on my yacht?!"

Last edited:
Just looking at the last wave of legacy classics that were announced/released between July-Dec 2018: Meet the Robinsons, Atlantis, Bolt, Great Mouse Detective, Rescuers Downunder & Chicken Little. All sold out now, apart from Chicken Little, which currently going for £8.99.
I don't know what the print runs for these titles were, but it looks like there was enough demand for them. I hope that Disney sees fit to release the last wave of legacy titles on steelbook.
Not sure we'll ever get the early wartime classics (Melody Times, Ichabod & Mr Toad, Fun & Fancy Free etc.) but I'd sure love to pick up steels for Oliver & Company, Fantasia 2000, Home on the Range, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh & The Black Cauldron (still waiting for a Blu-Ray release on that last one).
Sorry to bump the thread, I just thought some of you that are still holding out for the rest of this collection might be encouraged to know that the 2018 steels were a commercial success.

The problem is Disney now that they own Fox as well. They don't like putting stuff out on blu-ray and prefer streaming and downloading. I'd be amazed if there are any further blu-ray releases as Disney really are anti physical media. Unless there is a specific licence still running I wouldn't hold out any hope of any further releases. If you have any films you are after that have come out on blu-ray in Europe by Fox I'd snap them up now because once they are gone they are gone....... Check any titles you are after if they came out in the Disney club only or were done by Fox. Germany is your best bet.

Reactions: willbar84
Just looking at the last wave of legacy classics that were announced/released between July-Dec 2018: Meet the Robinsons, Atlantis, Bolt, Great Mouse Detective, Rescuers Downunder & Chicken Little. All sold out now, apart from Chicken Little, which currently going for £8.99.
I don't know what the print runs for these titles were, but it looks like there was enough demand for them. I hope that Disney sees fit to release the last wave of legacy titles on steelbook.
Not sure we'll ever get the early wartime classics (Melody Times, Ichabod & Mr Toad, Fun & Fancy Free etc.) but I'd sure love to pick up steels for Oliver & Company, Fantasia 2000, Home on the Range, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh & The Black Cauldron (still waiting for a Blu-Ray release on that last one).
Sorry to bump the thread, I just thought some of you that are still holding out for the rest of this collection might be encouraged to know that the 2018 steels were a commercial success.
I don't think the 2018 Zavvi Disney classics steelbook releases (lovely as they were) could be considered a success - with the exception of ATLANTIS - as I seem to remember it took a 50% price reduction for the other releases to finally sell out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, which titles remain to be released in this Zavvi/Disney steelbook collection from the UK list of DISNEY CLASSICS ?

SALUDOS AMIGOS
Disney Classic #6
THE THREE CABALLEROS
Disney Classic #7
..................................................................................................... 2 movie Blu-ray release TBC in USA with this artwork
Capture.JPG

MAKE MINE MUSIC
Disney Classic #8
.................................................................................... nothing anywhere yet
FUN AND FANCY FREE
Disney Classic #9
........................................................................................................................................ bundled with #11 in UK Amaray
Capture.JPG

MELODY TIME
Disney Classic #10
..................................................................................... nothing anywhere yet
THE ADVENTURES OF ICHABOD AND MR. TOAD
Disney Classic #11

At between six and seven hours of runtime the six movies could be released in a 3-disc steelbook with two movies per disc or three 1-disc steelbooks with two movies per disc . . . maybe limited to 1,000 units per steelbook as these releases will not be for everyone
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE MANY ADVENTURES OF WINNIE-THE-POOH
Disney Classic #22
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Amaray yes, steelbook no
THE BLACK CAULDRON
Disney Classic #25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- nada, niente, zilch ...
OLIVER & COMPANY
Disney Classic #27
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Amaray yes, steelbook no
FANTASIA 2000
Disney Classic #38
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Amaray yes, steelbook no
Home on the Range
Disney Classic #44
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Amaray yes, steelbook no

The problem is Disney now that they own Fox as well. They don't like putting stuff out on blu-ray and prefer streaming and downloading. I'd be amazed if there are any further blu-ray releases as Disney really are anti physical media. Unless there is a specific licence still running I wouldn't hold out any hope of any further releases. If you have any films you are after that have come out on blu-ray in Europe by Fox I'd snap them up now because once they are gone they are gone....... Check any titles you are after if they came out in the Disney club only or were done by Fox. Germany is your best bet.

Disney anti media? Where did you get that from? Physical media has always been huge for Disney, they are always re-releasing titles, doing limited editions and box sets. Every opportunity they get to re-release something as a box set they are all over it, nearly all their titles get multiable, they have the standard release, limited edition o-ring, the sing along edition and anything else they can come up with to release something on media.
Disney titles are probably the biggest and most popular media seller in the world, they know this and that people like to collect them, they are not anti physical media, if anything they milk the market.

I don't think the 2018 Zavvi Disney classics steelbook releases (lovely as they were) could be considered a success - with the exception of ATLANTIS - as I seem to remember it took a 50% price reduction for the other releases to finally sell out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, which titles remain to be released in this Zavvi/Disney steelbook collection from the UK list of DISNEY CLASSICS ?

SALUDOS AMIGOS
Disney Classic #6
THE THREE CABALLEROS
Disney Classic #7
..................................................................................................... 2 movie Blu-ray release TBC in USA with this artwork View attachment 471433
MAKE MINE MUSIC
Disney Classic #8
.................................................................................... nothing anywhere yet
FUN AND FANCY FREE
Disney Classic #9
........................................................................................................................................ bundled with #11 in UK Amaray View attachment 471434
MELODY TIME
Disney Classic #10
..................................................................................... nothing anywhere yet
THE ADVENTURES OF ICHABOD AND MR. TOAD
Disney Classic #11

At between six and seven hours of runtime the six movies could be released in a 3-disc steelbook with two movies per disc or three 1-disc steelbooks with two movies per disc . . . maybe limited to 1,000 units per steelbook as these releases will not be for everyone
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE MANY ADVENTURES OF WINNIE-THE-POOH
Disney Classic #22
THE BLACK CAULDRON
Disney Classic #25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- nada, niente, zilch ...
OLIVER & COMPANY
Disney Classic #27
FANTASIA 2000
Disney Classic #38
Home on the Range
Disney Classic #44
The black cauldron does not have a Blu-ray release
DVD only in terms of Physical Disc release

If you want HD/4K version of the film it's on Disney+

Disney+ has all the Animated Classics Films in HD and a lot in 4K
Frozen 2 UK will be on Disney+ on July 17th
Disney+ USA already has Frozen 2

I just want Winnie the Pooh, petes dragon (original), return to oz and muppets Christmas carol! Is that too much to ask?

• Wow
Reactions: Stygian
Disney anti media? Where did you get that from? Physical media has always been huge for Disney, they are always re-releasing titles, doing limited editions and box sets. Every opportunity they get to re-release something as a box set they are all over it, nearly all their titles get multiable, they have the standard release, limited edition o-ring, the sing along edition and anything else they can come up with to release something on media.
Disney titles are probably the biggest and most popular media seller in the world, they know this and that people like to collect them, they are not anti physical media, if anything they milk the market.

Disney are anti physical media and have been for a long time. They mainly only do DVD now unless they know the title can bring in serious money like say Star Wars but they are not even going to waste any time on a rare old title or even allowing it to be done by a vanity label. Name me one vanity label that has been licensed any Disney titles?. Criterion, Arrow, MOC, you name them?. No. Disney release the same titles over and over again. Any time a vanity label wants to do a Disney title they are refused and we either don't get the title or it limited to the Disney Club from an old transfer. Hands up here who would love to see a new deluxe master of say The Black Hole from Criterion or arrow?. Not going to happen..... I suspect the steelbooks we got from Zavvi were a specific deal which may or may not have run out. Any old classics we have been getting lately especially 4k are tied in with the Action versions being made. There are plenty of Disney films (classics) I would love to see get new treatments. I love my deluxe box sets of 20 Thousand Leagues under the Sea, Snow White, Mary poppins and a few others but they are all laserdiscs and they have never got that sort of deluxe treatment since. Look at the Toy Story laserdisc box set or even Beauty and the Beast laserdisc box set. The nearest I can think of today is the recent Wizard of Oz 4k box set or some of the recent Special vanity editions like Arrow's The Apartment or Indicators John Ford Collection. Disney have decided the streaming route is the way to go.......

Reactions: DMD4k and willbar84
Disney are anti physical media and have been for a long time. They mainly only do DVD now unless they know the title can bring in serious money like say Star Wars but they are not even going to waste any time on a rare old title or even allowing it to be done by a vanity label. Name me one vanity label that has been licensed any Disney titles?. Criterion, Arrow, MOC, you name them?. No. Disney release the same titles over and over again. Any time a vanity label wants to do a Disney title they are refused and we either don't get the title or it limited to the Disney Club from an old transfer. Hands up here who would love to see a new deluxe master of say The Black Hole from Criterion or arrow?. Not going to happen..... I suspect the steelbooks we got from Zavvi were a specific deal which may or may not have run out. Any old classics we have been getting lately especially 4k are tied in with the Action versions being made. There are plenty of Disney films (classics) I would love to see get new treatments. I love my deluxe box sets of 20 Thousand Leagues under the Sea, Snow White, Mary poppins and a few others but they are all laserdiscs and they have never got that sort of deluxe treatment since. Look at the Toy Story laserdisc box set or even Beauty and the Beast laserdisc box set. The nearest I can think of today is the recent Wizard of Oz 4k box set or some of the recent Special vanity editions like Arrow's The Apartment or Indicators John Ford Collection. Disney have decided the streaming route is the way to go.......

1589551663098.gif

Fkn oath this to the nth degree!!

No one :

Literally no one :

Disney : Mass roll out of 4K top tier catalogue before Disney + kicks into full gear with the birth of BD’less Premiums WEA’s

Reactions: DMD4k
Well, if you count the ones on the american classics list, you'll need to add Disney's Dinosaur and Winnie the Pooh (2011) both of which, i've always classed as classics so I want steels of those too. Winnie the pooh wasn't even released on Blu-ray here so I had to track down a US one.

Its been a while now, we did get get a few though after a while like this. Hopefully they will carry on but as somebody mentioned about, it will be interesting to see if Disney moves away from home video ownership of older titles to get people to fall in line with Disney +.

As well as owning the Disney Blu-ray collection, I've supplemented my steels with the non-steel's of what they've not released so I'm in no rush right now but it would be nice to complete.

I had most of them on DVD back in the day but sold those when I got a majority in Blu-ray. I'd really like to get specific ones back though as I much prefer the old Disney intro, especially to the
renaissance era. Really wish they'd have kept them as they were on Bluray.