The Ebay Seller/Policies Discussion Thread

Apr 26, 2012
UK,south yorkshire
Q) What is the purpose of this thread?
A) To discuss Ebay policies/issues

Q) Where can i find the Ebay Presale Policy?
A) Click HERE

Q) Can a HDN Trade mod help me with an Ebay sale/trade issue? Also why is there no 'ebay bad traders' list?
A) Simply put, no. To find out why, ensure you read the following spoiler:
please use this thread as a RESOURCE to ask your fellow members about problems you've had with a reseller or questions about e-bay.

do NOT use this thread to attack or refute other members. if you an e-bay dispute with a member here, perhaps it's best to approach a trading mod before posting? we don't police e-bay, but maybe we can give you a tip or two.

if members ignore these suggestions, then the thread might be locked for a couple of weeks.

thank you.

hey folks,

as a reminder what myself (and other mods) have continued to mention via private message, e-mail and other areas. we do NOT police other trading marketplaces like ebay, youtube, amazon and the rest.

there is ONLY a certain amount of information at our disposal and we do not have the resources in these other locations as we do on this forum - things that we can look at and evaluate.

having said that, there are trading rules on this forum that have been instituted for your own protection for trading transactions that happen HERE.

this includes the pending / active sales threads, the requirement of feedback posted for any new traders, our support ticketing system, the active investigations held by trading moderators and many other things we do not discuss openly.

we have long held that problems occurring on these other forums and marketplaces should be taken the appropriate authorities on THOSE websites.

many of you are established traders here on this forum and you should know all about the guidelines that are stickied in this section - including having new traders send first, getting tracking from the other party and proof of shipment, and what other precautions can be taken to protect your trading safety.

trading via ebay and their messaging system is against their stated policy and should not occur - and there are reasons why they have created that policy. you don't have protection of paypal or their listing system as a buyer or seller.

having said that, if there is trouble with an ebay seller or buyer, you should go to their website and report it there. if you are not aware of this process, follow the below link for more information.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/report-trading.html

so folks can feel free to chat about a seller or buyer that they are having problems with, but I can tell you right now - there will not be a "witch hunt" by moderators or staff based on one person's account of the problems or trouble they are having - and we limit the action taken for or against members here to transactions that occurred on this forum.

as stated in the thread title of our bad traders list - that list is for FORUM MEMBERS ONLY.

thank you.
Q) Where can i find the HDN Buyer Beware / Bad Traders list?
A) You can find the thread HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
has anybody dealt with ds687 on ebay? he is from germany

he opened an item not arrived case against me

its just amazing how many ebay items get "lost" in the mail

has anybody dealt with ds687 on ebay? he is from germany

he opened an item not arrived case against me

its just amazing how many ebay items get "lost" in the mail

regular shipping (surface mail) from canada to germany takes 6 - 8 weeks !

maybe he doesn't know..

Last edited:
i occasionally had to wait 4 weeks for a ZAVVI release due to custom delays.. so from canada it might be even worse.. but i don't know on what it depends

Reactions: Fork
Just wondering if anyone has ever had any dealings with elbioba from Italy? They said they expect to get shipping reimbursed and they only want to return because of this.

Hi friend, Steelbook arrived today, it is still sealed.
The person I bought it does not want it anymore.
I'm sorry,I would like to return the item.

Basically sounds like their sale fell through. I don't expect to take any loss on this as its their decision and not a fault on me.

Reactions: Marina Blue
Just wondering if anyone has ever had any dealings with elbioba from Italy? They said they expect to get shipping reimbursed and they only want to return because of this.

Basically sounds like their sale fell through. I don't expect to take any loss on this as its their decision and not a fault on me.

Hey Chip,

What steel was it? also sent you a PM about this buyer.

Yeah, I do. Maybe that's my my mistake, don't leave
feedback first?

There's a few factors involved.Its not that simple.If you tend to leave it before the buyer does,then you can try it the other way around.Buyers tend to want a feedback and if they don't receive it,they'll usually send you a message reminding you to leave a feedback for them.Before they send you that message,they will leave you a feedback before contacting you.Also,you can contact the member as well asking kindly for a feedback from them.

Reactions: darczap
There's a few factors involved.Its not that simple.If you tend to leave it before the buyer does,then you can try it the other way around.Buyers tend to want a feedback and if they don't receive it,they'll usually send you a message reminding you to leave a feedback for them.Before they send you that message,they will leave you a feedback before contacting you.Also,you can contact the member as well asking kindly for a feedback from them.

Thank you. This was helpful. I always create a good experience (at least I think) with accurate descriptions, providing several pics, packing in a box with sufficient bubble wrap, with next day shipping, so I'm confident and leave feedback first. Maybe I won't do that anymore.

gege66geraldine - sent an enders game (non tracked), since day 3 after sending he/she messaged me on a daily basis asking the same questions "when will it arrive" etc got a general feeling this person had no intention of telling me even if he/she did receive it, now he/she is claiming via paypal. Time waster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anth0ny80