The Emperor's New Groove (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #32) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: June 15,2015
Purchase link: Emperor's New Groove
Price: £19.99
Notes: 3000 only

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

11127512-3924298751000102.jpg

11127512-2134298751005904.jpg

Last edited:
Sword in the Stone was a great choice, but emperor's New Groove doesn't really belong with the classics, does it?
Even
if it does then surely it should have come later - after the true classics.
All a matter of subjectivity and taste- For instance, we've had Mulan released already; And while it's a good Disney flick, I'd barely call it an all time classic- Think you could lump this in to that category (personally, I enjoyed Emperors New Groove)
And no matter what way you look at it- You can't use the above argument safe in the knowledge we've already had a Planes steelbook...

YES

Love this film, one of the best Disney films for me. The comedy in it was fantastic...I can't even describe it's style.

The Waterfall scene, the map scene when they are running back to the castle and they notice the lines they are leaving behind and Yzma in general.

All a matter of subjectivity and taste- For instance, we've had Mulan released already; And while it's a good Disney flick, I'd barely call it an all time classic- Think you could lump this in to that category (personally, I enjoyed Emperors New Groove)
And no matter what way you look at it- You can't use the above argument safe in the knowledge we've already had a Planes steelbook...

Actually Andy, Planes was the one I was trying to avoid mentioning - and if they include the second one - ohh la la - we'll all be in disney heaven . . . :)

emperor's New Groove isn't that bad - but as you say, and I know a lot of other would - not really a classic.

I'm just miffed really because we didn't get another oldie :)

Reactions: Andycadle84
Great, and true point

Reactions: Andycadle84
This is a £12.99 job in the making as will be Brother Bear.
There aren't enough collectors to take pixar classics let alone this mediocre bunch of disney movies coming up.
Throwing money away paying full price for this.
£19.99 for Brother Bear is as an extortionate price to pay considering you can get the standard amaray for £9.99 or so- Zavvi feel they can charge double this just for the sake completionists will want this to add to their collection.

Thus far I have all the Disney collection but drawing a line at this until the price goes down- I can't justify £60 in one month on this, Brother Bear & Sword In The Stone, irrespective of how nice the steelbook looks- I'm just hoping many others are of the same opinion and don't bite at Zavvi's prices...