The Fifth Element (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's & Deluxe Editions) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Sep 10, 2020
Release date: June 19 June 26 July 10 End of July, 2023
Purchase links: SteelBook only - Collector's Edition - Deluxe Edition (Pre-order on November 25, at 00.00 AM UK time)
Price: £26.99 (SteelBook only) - £59.99 (Collector's Edition) - £99.99 (Deluxe Edition)
Notes: Artwork and packaging design from EverythingBlu team

Screenshot_20221124_170305_Facebook.jpg8FBC96F3-E4EB-445E-ACFD-E74FA34E164F.jpeg F3E6D1EB-D9BD-4957-BFA0-4EE20B43AD03.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I do get it, the mortality or principle of the point. I just guess that's where we differ.. Don't get me wrong, I do have principles, but delays (and lack of transparency surrounding them) won't stop me getting something I want.

Presented with the open of keeping an open preorder (for which I have not been charged) and wait for an eventual release, or cancel and not get it, it's nonsensical to me to cancel. The preorder isn't doing any harm sat there.

I know well enough that you'll never get the answer you want out of zavvi CS, because they simply haven't got a clue. That's always a waste of time tbh with you, and I wouldn't take it to heart more than any other than chatbot response.
That's it exactly, we are just different people with different ways of navigating through life and as long as we're not causing harm to people, that's okay.

For me it isn't just sat there, it is a commitment to purchase and they could process it at any point. If it is sat there in my wallet fair enough but little else money is ever sat there. You need to be honest and transparent with me to recieve a commitment to hand over my hard-earned cash. It isn't a lot to ask in my mind and there's such an abundance of companies and choice out there, that I'm happy to move on on the basis I have discussed previously. For instance, even this particular film is potentially getting a Manta release and they'll be other releases too (30th anniversary in a few years).

I have had mixed experiences with Zavvi and there is a loss of trust but no ill feelings. Sometimes they are bad and sometimes really good in fairness. Twitter CS have been helpful in the past and I would never be so naive to think they are the problem. More so the hierarchy above them that failed to communicate a relevant message to the customer facing staff, is more likely to be the real issue. You could point the finger at Everythingblu and perhaps I want to send a message to them too. Zavvi heirarchy should still communicate with their customers if they are to be perceived as a good business though.

Anyway I look forward to hopefully viewing the unboxing pics/vids when everyone hopefully gets their editions and wish everyone luck with getting what they want. Cheers.

At the end of the day, the ones with experience know support cannot provide any decent information about things like this, but you are obviously free to do so.
The best option would be trying to contact everythingblu peeps via twitter or something if you really wanna know whats up.
Personally it doesn't bother me, i want it, i will wait for it...don't understand why they wouldn't send out a courtesy email though.

Reactions: samdavies
At the end of the day, the ones with experience know support cannot provide any decent information about things like this, but you are obviously free to do so.
The best option would be trying to contact everythingblu peeps via twitter or something if you really wanna know whats up.
Personally it doesn't bother me, i want it, i will wait for it...don't understand why they wouldn't send out a courtesy email though.
What is their twiiter!!??

I emailed Zavvi today and asked for an update due to it being 10th July, which was the last given release date. They told me it was out of stock, so I hope it hasn't been released, and they've given my copy away.

I emailed Zavvi today and asked for an update due to it being 10th July, which was the last given release date. They told me it was out of stock, so I hope it hasn't been released, and they've given my copy away.
Really? Its a canned response. No one has their copies.

That's them replying with no idea and assuming, It hasn't been dispatched to anyone yet.

That's them replying with no idea and assuming, It hasn't been dispatched to anyone yet.

and before dispatching .... when we'll be charged for this one, it will be a good news ....

Please tell me if old preorders (just at the beginning of Brexit) will be dispatched outside UK ? Is there anyone of you who got an old preorders received it lately or some months ago ?

I'd really appreciate the answer please ....

I think I can put an end to this argument as to whether Zavvi support are actually helpful, just read my recent comms with them regarding my order…

Cool, but my payment query…? hahahaha

I didn’t even ask about the delay! At this point I feel they are just copy pasting the same response to anyone who messages about these releases, regardless of the context of the query

Attachments

• IMG_1391.jpeg
    IMG_1391.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1392.jpeg
    IMG_1392.jpeg
    306.4 KB · Views: 80
I think I can put an end to this argument as to whether Zavvi support are actually helpful, just read my recent comms with them regarding my order…

Cool, but my payment query…? hahahaha

I didn’t even ask about the delay! At this point I feel they are just copy pasting the same response to anyone who messages about these releases, regardless of the context of the query
risky move, the quality of support could take that as you want it cancelled.

risky move, the quality of support could take that as you want it cancelled.
It was risky haha, hence the caps DO NOT CANCEL hahahaha, but I went into it with positive intent and I should have known better

Thankfully they didn’t and after my second message they have addressed it. I’ll have to wait for the payment to fail and then there will be a resolve option to submit payment again, which I knew would happen as it has before

I was just trying to be proactive :naughty: and that’s actually an example of being proactive hahaha :spoil:

I lost interest in this a long time ago, but it should have a healthy resale value, even when they announce the next zavvi exclusive Fifth Element 4K steelbook