The Fifth Element (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Collector's & Deluxe Editions) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Sep 10, 2020
Release date: June 19 June 26 July 10 End of July, 2023
Purchase links: SteelBook only - Collector's Edition - Deluxe Edition (Pre-order on November 25, at 00.00 AM UK time)
Price: £26.99 (SteelBook only) - £59.99 (Collector's Edition) - £99.99 (Deluxe Edition)
Notes: Artwork and packaging design from EverythingBlu team

Screenshot_20221124_170305_Facebook.jpg8FBC96F3-E4EB-445E-ACFD-E74FA34E164F.jpeg F3E6D1EB-D9BD-4957-BFA0-4EE20B43AD03.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh. Honestly this team needs to get their **** together and just give more realistic release dates. Seriously this release better be absolutely perfect with not a blemish on anything for all the delays which I assume is to make everything as perfect as possible. The quality control better be spot on.

So it seems as though this will be flat and matte like rambo :censored:

I will likely flog the sealed steel and add the previous, superior, 4K steel instead. That's if the slip is at all nice in hand and I don't return the whole thing.. Should wait for manta really.

So it seems as though this will be flat and matte like rambo :censored:

I will likely flog the sealed steel and add the previous, superior, 4K steel instead. That's if the slip is at all nice in hand and I don't return the whole thing.. Should wait for manta really.
Where did you hear the steel is flat matte?

I'm looking forward to it. End of the month sounds fine to me.

Just wondering what will happen with the Leon edition release. Wasn't that planned for August? Probably gonna be delayed too

Cost. Time. Laziness. Incompetence. Take your pick.. tbf they probably didn't have final say, they just designed the packaging.
Cost - wouldn’t cost much more. So I don’t believe that.
Time - they have been fine with delays since their business opened with Shaun of the dead. So I don’t belief that.
Laziness - their products are quite detailed in the amount of stuff you get In each edition and the finishes on the slips. So I don’t believe that

Incompetence - that sounds about right.

They should know better and even if it’s out of their hands which I also don’t believe they should be fighting this stuff. It’s not exactly a hard argument and wouldn't destroy any relationships between them and studios over gloss vs. matte finish discussion. That would be f**king weird for the studios to get angry about that lol

Cost - wouldn’t cost much more. So I don’t believe that.
Time - they have been fine with delays since their business opened with Shaun of the dead. So I don’t belief that.
Laziness - their products are quite detailed in the amount of stuff you get In each edition and the finishes on the slips. So I don’t believe that

Incompetence - that sounds about right.

They should no better and even if it’s out of their hands which I also don’t believe they should be fighting this stuff. It’s not exactly a hard argument and wouldn't destroy any relationships between them and studios over gloss vs. matte finish discussion. That would be f**king weird for the studios to get angry about that lol
Hey I don't disagree. No defence. I'd say they probably don't have control over this process like they did with their own releases though. The hut holds the purse strings and the demands on time, as it's their release, so it could easily be either. Simple fact is we just don't know, but it is what it is.

Hey I don't disagree. No defence. I'd say they probably don't have control over this process like they did with their own releases though. The hut holds the purse strings and the demands on time, as it's their release, so it could easily be either. Simple fact is we just don't know, but it is what it is.
Oh I’m not attacking what you said. Just trying to make sense myself of what it could be down to and you mentioned those 4 points and in my head 3 of them don’t work for me because of how they’ve operated in the past.

I still think zavvi know better than that too. They’ve made changes over the years like the Disney (collection) steels, gloss etc so I think they would put their foot down on gloss too. Especially after the comments with Rambo