The Fog (4K UHD + Blu-ray + CD) (Collector's Edition) [UK]

Apr 19, 2016
Release date: October 29, 2018 - September 20, 2021 (Re-release)
Purchase link: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - Zoom UK
Price: £39.99 - £25.99 (Zoom) - £29.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - Hmv)

81s6KqObdIL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. For me the whole package is nowhere near the steelbook design (what we've seen of it so far)

The 4K, BD logos and age ratings are so intrusive also. I'm guessing all this wave are going to be the same.

Can see them all in the 2 for £25 at HMV before too long.

Here's your answer... they paid me to do poster art and steelbook and I did it. The blu-ray stuff, including layout of BD logos etc, is done in house by them. I myself like that they decided to use my art across the whole package because it makes them a nice coherent thing. Anyway, I will be releasing my original poster art as full size posters in the new year.

I am a long time Carpenter nut and feel quite passionate about his films and really went to town on the art I was hired to do.

Also, no, I can't get up off my ass and work for free... as I have 5 kids to feed.

Here's your answer... they paid me to do poster art and steelbook and I did it. The blu-ray stuff, including layout of BD logos etc, is done in house by them. I myself like that they decided to use my art across the whole package because it makes them a nice coherent thing. Anyway, I will be releasing my original poster art as full size posters in the new year.

I am a long time Carpenter nut and feel quite passionate about his films and really went to town on the art I was hired to do.

Also, no, I can't get up off my ass and work for free... as I have 5 kids to feed.
Sorry
But if I have to pony up 30 £ for this then it has to contain more than the single piece of artwork repeated everywhere.

Reactions: Sigill

I never dissed your work.

My problem is I don't like that the same image used repeatedly though and also the lay out of the logos (which, as you say is nothing to do with you anyway).

Also, just to clarify, it was someone else that said you should get off your ass, not me........

• Haha
Reactions: Mickle_89
Will this contain a digipack or standard plastic case? Cant tell from the picture
Yes, it's not in the picture - only in the description ... thankfully a digipack:-
1536344211606.png

Yes, much prefer these artworks to THE AVENGERS steelbooks from across the pond ... following on from THE FOG, Mr. Ferguson' artwork will look great on all of the Carpenter boxset releases ... and not just thanks to continuity of design:-
DmZw8jjXgAIIsxi.jpg:large

DmZwxLpXoAAqN8s.jpg:large

DmZw6xJW4AALmnt.jpg:large

DmZw7tzWwAAl-4i.jpg:large

Quite the curveball thrown at you there @StifflersDad! :wow: You dis the artist the same day he joins HDN :p:hilarious: Or maybe it was no coincidence :naughty: You poked the bear afterall... :rofl:

Btw, welcome to HDN @MattFerguson :writing::thumbs:

:D:D

But on a more serious note
I am a massive John Carpenter fan. Artwork is very subjective and I personally am not too impressed with this wave . Other people may like it. (Shrugs)
But what cannot be argued is it's a big ask to hand over 30£ for what is a single piece of artwork that is recycled throughout the whole package.
That is more than just lazy. That is an insult to the consumer. It may not be the artists fault but it is somebody's fault and we should not put up with it nomatter how much we love the movie.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I expect price will be around £27.99 on Amazon UK by release date for these new StudioCanal 4K limited Editions going by The Deer Hunter price
The 4K Deer Hunter limited edition RRP price was also £39.99 but dropped to £27.99 by release date

Welcome to the community, Matt! It's a real pleasure to have you here. :)

Personally, I love the look of these sets and have pre-ordered all three. :D

Welcome to the forum @MattFerguson! Great to have you here, I think your artwork looks awesome and will be picking these up. I'm just hoping the price drops a little bit before release.

Zavvi hinted that we (UK) may also be getting the steelbooks - you'll need to read the replies to the tweet below to see it...

From what I've seen listed online, Prince of Darkness is getting a steelbook release as its not getting the digipack treatment that The Fog, They Live & Escape from New York are getting.
I could be wrong though.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-...er-classics-4k-theatrical-home-video-release/
Steelbook is listed for Prince of Darkness for October 29th.

Reactions: Noodles
From what I've seen listed online, Prince of Darkness is getting a steelbook release as its not getting the digipack treatment that The Fog, They Live & Escape from New York are getting.
I could be wrong though.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-...er-classics-4k-theatrical-home-video-release/
Steelbook is listed for Prince of Darkness for October 29th.
Standard Blu-ray not 4K is listed already on all UK retailers websites to pre order for Princes of Darkness/The Fog/They Live/Escape from New York
All remastered from a 4K scan of the Films

Non 4K releases are just standard 2 Disc Blu-ray in a Jcard
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H55YM26/?tag=hidefnin-21

4K listing for Prince of Darkness is not listed yet on UK retailers websites

I would have expected 4K UHD release of prince of darkness to have got a 4 Disc limited edition digipack like the The Fog/They Live/Escape from New York

Steelbooks for above titles in the UK have not been announced yet but I expect will happen

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Standard Blu-ray not 4K is listed already on all UK retailers websites to pre order for Princes of Darkness/The Fog/They Live/Escape from New York
Non 4K releases are just standard 2 Disc Blu-ray in a Jcard
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H55YM26/?tag=hidefnin-21

4K listing for Prince of Darkness is not listed yet on UK retailers websites

I would have expected 4K release of prince of darkness to have got a 4 Disc limited edition digipack like the The Fog/They Live/Escape from New York

Steelbooks for above titles in the UK have not been announced yet but I expect will happen
Which is probably why the premature French Fog steelbook has been pulled.

Probably get the same steelbook in the UK. Just waiting for them to be announced.....

Reactions: paulboland
Welcome to the community, Matt! It's a real pleasure to have you here. :)

Personally, I love the look of these sets and have pre-ordered all three. :D
I second that. Love the artwork. I already own multiple copies of these Carpenter classics but I'm happy to buy them again based on the cover art alone. Have preordered all three also.

Reactions: Noodles
Big fan of your art @MattFerguson ! Btw will those posters be available from your directly or through Mondo? Hopefully not Mondo due to scalpers who are most of the time faster then me when it is about your art or John Carpenter stuff