The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
USA Preliminary List:

Keepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa, ENG), Tim Howard (Everton, ENG), Marcus Hahnemann (Wolves, ENG)

Defense: Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes, FRA), Jonathan Bornstien (Chivas, USA), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover, GER), Jay DeMerit (Watford, ENG), Clarence Goodson (IK Start, NOR), Chad Marshall (Columbus, USA), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan, ITA) Heath Pearce (FC Dallas, USA), Jonathan Spector (West Ham, ENG)

Mid Fielders: DeMarcus Beasley (Rangers, SCO), Alejandro Bedoya (Orebro, SWE), Michael Bradley (Monchengladbach, GER), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht, GER), Clint Dempsey (Fulham, ENG), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles, USA), Maurice Edu (Rangers, SCO) Benny Feilhaber (AGF Aarhus,NOR), Staurt Holden (Bolton, ENG), Sach Kijestan (Chivas, USA), Robbie Rogers (Columbus, USA), Jose Torres (Pachuca, MEX)

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Hull City, ENG), Edson Buddle (Los Angeles, USA), Brian Ching (Houston, USA), Robbie Findley (Real Salt Lake, USA), Herculez Gomez (Puebla, MEX), Eddie Johnson (Aris, GER)

France Preliminary List:

Keepers: Hugo Lloris (Lyon/FRA), Steve Mandanda (Marsella/FRA), Cédric Carrasso (Burdeos/FRA), Mickaël Landreau (Lille/FRA)

Defense: William Gallas (Arsenal/ING), Eric Abidal (Barcelona/ESP), Bakary Sagna (Arsenal/ING), Patrice Evra (Manchester United/ING), Rod Fanni (Rennes/FRA), Gaël Clichy (Arsenal/ING), Marc Planus (Burdeos/FRA), Anthony Réveillère (Lyon/FRA), Adil Rami (Lille/FRA), Sébastien Squillaci (Sevilla/ESP).

Mid-fielders: Abou Diaby (Arsenal/ING), Alou Diarra (Burdeos/FRA), Lassana Diarra (Real Madrid/ESP), Yoann Gourcuff (Burdeos/FRA), Yann M'Vila (Rennes/FRA), Florent Malouda (Chelsea/ING), Jérémy Toulalan (Lyon/FRA).

Forwards: Nicolas Anelka (Chelsea/ING), Hatem Ben Arfa (Marsella/FRA), Jimmy Briand (Rennes/FRA), Djibril Cissé (Panathinaikos/GRE), André-Pierre Gignac (Toulouse/FRA), Sidney Govou (Lyon/FRA), Thierry Henry (Barcelona/ESP), Franck Ribéry (Bayern Múnich/ALE), Mathieu Valbuena (Marsella/FRA).

Leaving out adriano is questionable, but leaving out Ronaldinho is just absurd. If I was coaching I would have left out Ronaldo too though, that guy is washed up.

I think what Dunga is trying to avoid is another distraction like in the last world cup with players just wanting to party and play second. Disruption the entire team being led by Adriano, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo. Serves them well.

France is not taking Benzema or Nasri! EEK! I am not sure what Domenech is smoking! Benzema hasn't been scoring and has been part of the bench most of the season with Real Madrid, but Nasri has been crucial to Arsenal's EPL season. Bad decision if you ask me, I hope it doesn't kick him in his arse lol

Two less players Mexico has to worry about lol :scat:

USA Preliminary List:

Keepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa, ENG), Tim Howard (Everton, ENG), Marcus Hahnemann (Wolves, ENG)

Defense: Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes, FRA), Jonathan Bornstien (Chivas, USA), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover, GER), Jay DeMerit (Watford, ENG), Clarence Goodson (IK Start, NOR), Chad Marshall (Columbus, USA), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan, ITA) Heath Pearce (FC Dallas, USA), Jonathan Spector (West Ham, ENG)

Mid Fielders: DeMarcus Beasley (Rangers, SCO), Alejandro Bedoya (Orebro, SWE), Michael Bradley (Monchengladbach, GER), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht, GER), Clint Dempsey (Fulham, ENG), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles, USA), Maurice Edu (Rangers, SCO) Benny Feilhaber (AGF Aarhus,NOR), Staurt Holden (Bolton, ENG), Sach Kijestan (Chivas, USA), Robbie Rogers (Columbus, USA), Jose Torres (Pachuca, MEX)

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Hull City, ENG), Edson Buddle (Los Angeles, USA), Brian Ching (Houston, USA), Robbie Findley (Real Salt Lake, USA), Herculez Gomez (Puebla, MEX), Eddie Johnson (Aris, GER)

GAME OVER!

I was saying its game over for all of you guys... we win.

You know now that I had some time to think, I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the second round. Third round would be surprising. They have good defenders, but they have suffered to stay in shape like Oguchi. Most Europeans think they will have it easy against the North American teams and they are so wrong.... ;)

[YT]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jcWwTLMGttE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jcWwTLMGttE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YT]

I guess, it just seems like they lacked some real ideas. Anyway, USA lost to Czech Republic last night 4-2 defense looked somewhat bad. Onyewu (Can't spell his last name) is finally back.

Mexico plays later today against Netherlands in their turf. I hope it doesn't turn like against England, too much ball possession and no goals.

Final Roster:

The roster:

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa, England), Marcus Hahnemann (Wolverhampton, England), Tim Howard (Everton, England).

Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes, France), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover, Germany), Jay DeMerit (Watford, England), Clarence Goodson (IK Start, Norway), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan, Italy), Jonathan Spector (West Ham, England).

Midfielders: DaMarcus Beasley (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland), Michael Bradley (Borussia Moenchengladbach, Germany), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany), Clint Dempsey (Fulham, England), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles), Maurice Edu (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland), Benny Feilhaber (AGF Aarhus, Denmark), Stuart Holden (Bolton, England), Jose Torres (Pachuca, Mexico).

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Hull, England), Edson Buddle (Los Angeles), Robbie Findley (Salt Lake), Herculez Gomez (Puebla, Mexico).

Mexico cut Jonathan Dos Santos :(

His day will come. He is still young.

never heard of the guy lol, so which team do u guys think will win the world cup?, i think netherlands and even backed them to win, cant belive england are 3rd favourites to win the world cup EEK!, england cant and wont win the world cup