Paris - France
Release date: May 26, 2014
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £18.31

10900314-2664346962834428.jpg

10900314-1984346962845000.jpg
10900314-1094346962842498.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing the announcement of the 4K remastered box set, I'll be passing on this steelbook and getting the box set :D

Seeing the announcement of the 4K remastered box set, I'll be passing on this steelbook and getting the box set :D

But have the first two movies been remastered too?, I've not heard of anything, in which case I've already got the old versions of the first two films.

My guess is that the trilogy boxset is going to be another Rocky - put the new master in an existing boxset and sell the whole thing as new.

Think I'll do that too! Didn't see a box coming, but now that I know it's defiantly the one I'll get. :D

Last edited:
But have the first two movies been remastered too?, I've not heard of anything, in which case I've already got the old versions of the first two films.

My guess is that the trilogy boxset is going to be another Rocky - put the new master in an existing boxset and sell the whole thing as new.

You're right.

At the moment only TGTBTU has been confirmed to be receiving a remaster.

Hmm, Either get a Steelbook of one of the greatest films ever in 4k or the boxset of one of the greatest trilogies ever in 4k. Ahhh this is a tough one. Artwork on this Steel now will either make it or break it for me.

Reactions: Stash
Arguably one of the greatest movies of all time!
I'm just concerned. I know its getting a 4K remaster later this year...
Curious if this will get that version or not.

Hmm, Either get a Steelbook of one of the greatest films ever in 4k or the boxset of one of the greatest trilogies ever in 4k. Ahhh this is a tough one. Artwork on this Steel now will either make it or break it for me.

i read somewhere that only "the good, the bad,..." will get a new 4K re-mastered transfer, the other two movies will stay the same (probably even the same discs)...

i read somewhere that only "the good, the bad,..." will get a new 4K re-mastered transfer, the other two movies will stay the same (probably even the same discs)...

The only thing that makes me think otherwise is that USA are getting this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Th...IN=B00HZN8TBC&ASIN=B00HZN8TBC&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It says 4k remastered edition so it should be safe to assume its all 3 films. However guess we will have to wait and see if the UK get the same boxset.

Can't wait to see the artwork for this one. As for the whole boxset, the best option for me would be something like german edition of TDK trilogy - nice sturdy box and three steels inside. Doubt this will happen but I feel that we might get a digipack for the trilogy with some new artwork.

The only thing that makes me think otherwise is that USA are getting this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Th...IN=B00HZN8TBC&ASIN=B00HZN8TBC&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It says 4k remastered edition so it should be safe to assume its all 3 films. However guess we will have to wait and see if the UK get the same boxset.

on schnittberichte.com (they are usually well informed) they state information from exactly this US release, but say that it's more likely that only "the good, the bad,..." will get a new 4K remaster, the other discs will possibly be just repacks of the older MGM discs ("for a few dollars more" still cut for a few seconds, other than the complete uncut german blu-ray), and "the good, the bad..." will also only be the MGM extended cut, not the original italian cinema version (currently only available on blu-ray in italy).

i think time will tell what is true. :)

on schnittberichte.com (they are usually well informed) they state information from exactly this US release, but say that it's more likely that only "the good, the bad,..." will get a new 4K remaster, the other discs will possibly be just repacks of the older MGM discs ("for a few dollars more" still cut for a few seconds, other than the complete uncut german blu-ray), and "the good, the bad..." will also only be the MGM extended cut, not the original italian cinema version (currently only available on blu-ray in italy).

i think time will tell what is true. :)

Yup, time will tell. Would be very cheeky though to call it a "Remastered 4k" boxset if only 1 of the 3 films is rematsered. Almost would be bordering on false advertising.

for a few dollars more is the one film out of the three that would benefit the most from a remaster, being the most inferior pq wise. shame they aren't giving the full trilogy the respect it deserves.
one of the most important and influential trilogies in the history of cinema!!!!

USA Man With No Name Trilogy 4K Remastered Edition box set
Its so far been confirmed that only The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is remastered in 4K

Fistful of Dollars and A Few Dollars More no announcement yet for these to be remastered

Last edited: