HMV JP - ¥2,235
YesAsia.com - US$31.25

goonjp1.jpg

goonjp2.jpg

Actual pictures courtesy of dv8mad:
goonies-jp1.jpg

goonies-jp2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Disappointing. I will wait for the inevitable 'Gloss with Embossed Title Treatment' version from Zavvi.

Just got this. The colours seem to be off, like the contrast is too low. Almost like a layer of paint is missing. Maybe because of the matte finish and still in the shrinkwrap.

Apart from the colouring I think the steelbook is fantastic. The artwork is superb. Its another one of those that have to be seen for real to see how good it is.

Last edited:
If the price for UK catalogue steels hadn't rised to £15, I might have held off for a UK release. As it is, I may as well just get it now. If anything, Warner tend to release worse versions of their steels in the UK compared to elsewhere (ie the UK white wave), not better ones, anyway.

If the price for UK catalogue steels hadn't rised to £15, I might have held off for a UK release. As it is, I may as well just get it now. If anything, Warner tend to release worse versions of their steels in the UK compared to elsewhere (ie the UK white wave), not better ones, anyway.

I agree with you 110%. I don't like the stupid paper blu banners on the top of the warner steels in the U.K. I think they look horrible compared to the Japan counterparts. EEK!

Got mine today with Prometheus...only took a couple of days from the mail-out notice email to receive them, but then again it was $23.00 shipping for just two steelbooks (shipped using DHL, had to sign for it)

Obviously I too hope this stays an Amazon Japan exclusive since I paid approx $36.00 total for it...it is nice.

It does have a unique look about it, almost like it's sun glare, which would fit the scene from the cover of a ship sailing off into the horizon.

Awesome movie, awesome steelbook...100% happy.