HMV JP - ¥2,235
YesAsia.com - US$31.25

goonjp1.jpg

goonjp2.jpg

Actual pictures courtesy of dv8mad:
goonies-jp1.jpg

goonies-jp2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics buddy. Aforementioned this could have looked bright and colorful had they used a glossy finish.

If you ever get Ninja membership, you need to change your forum title to the 'Glossy Steelbook Ambassador'. :hilarious:

I'm glad someone is always fighting for premium quality finishes and not lame matte finishes. Whatever happened to quality Japanese Steelbooks? :(

Reactions: DJ IXS and lgans316
To be fair this should be Exhibit A for why glossy is always superior to matte. This looks completely lifeless.

When the mockup looks better than the finished article, you know you have a problem.

Would've been nice to have a glossy steel, but I'm going ahead with my order. For the price it's a nice steel to toss in with Dredd & Star Wars.

Not happy, I placed an order for this and CATCF when they were having their big sale. Just went to see about shipping, and their are no orders for me. The website looks totally different now as well.

Received at 10:35 ET this evening from YesAsia...

Dear YesAsia Customer,

Thank you for shopping at YesAsia.com!

In reference to the item Goonies (Blu-ray) (Steelbook Edition) (First Press Limited Edition)(Japan Version) from your order xxxxxxx, the expected ship out date has been changed to June 14, 2013 due to reasons received from our suppliers. We will continue to try our best to source the item for shipping as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

For updated order information, please visit the "My Account" section of the website.

Once again, thank you for shopping at YesAsia.com and we hope to serve you again soon. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department by email or at the phone numbers listed below.

Yours sincerely,
Customer Service Department
YesAsia.com Ltd.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I've made my thoughts clear about YesAsia in the retailer thread. At least you got an email, I ain't heard anything yet. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: (extra angry dude for me)

Received at 10:35 ET this evening from YesAsia...

Dear YesAsia Customer,

Thank you for shopping at YesAsia.com!

In reference to the item Goonies (Blu-ray) (Steelbook Edition) (First Press Limited Edition)(Japan Version) from your order xxxxxxx, the expected ship out date has been changed to June 14, 2013 due to reasons received from our suppliers. We will continue to try our best to source the item for shipping as soon as possible. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

For updated order information, please visit the "My Account" section of the website.

Once again, thank you for shopping at YesAsia.com and we hope to serve you again soon. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Department by email or at the phone numbers listed below.

Yours sincerely,
Customer Service Department
YesAsia.com Ltd.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
I got the same email but they said they would have it by 11th june in mine, it wouldn't surprise me if they still didn't have it by then, and these people still don't have the decency to let people cancel

Yep,I agree..really not liking YA new policy on not being able to cancel. A real pity as for UK purchasers they are useful for avoiding customs tax on imports, but will only use them as very last resort in future.:(

Looks like you got these mails because I sent several stinkers to them on their non-cancellation policy and their inability to ship on time. People who ordered at amazon.jp have already received their packages and even posted pics but a retailer are struggling to obtain stocks.

Reactions: lolwut
Making this brief since there are too many retailer posts here - YesAsia is a reseller of releases outside of HK. So they rely on secondary distributors and regular shipping schedule AFTER official release date.