The Graduate (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: September 15th, 2014 (was August 11th, 2014)
Purchase link: The Graduate (live on Sunday, June 15)
Price: £17.99
Notes: full gloss, limited to 2000 copies

more info to come...

GRADUATE_3D.jpg

GRADUATE_back.jpg

GRADUATE_inside.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 262
Last edited by a moderator:
You beat me to it

I definitely want Elephant Man next. I suppose it's no coincidence that these start coming out after they announce they've discontinued the digibook collection

This is, in fact, the third release to be announced recently from the former "Studio Canal Collection" following on from "The Pianist" and "The Deer Hunter". If they continue with this trend, we can also look forward to steelbook releases of such classics as "The Lady Killers", "The Third Man", "The Trial", "Ran", "La Grande Illusion", et al.

I'd also make a plea for "The Killing Fields" which although never part of the "SCC", undoubtedly would have been had they not discontinued the series. Perhaps, Zavvi could release this title as one of their exclusives since the general steelbook release scheduled for next month has sunk without a trace.

Hopefully, they'll also get their packaging issues sorted out before these start getting shipped.

I don't think it's that bad. Looks quite stylish + white/gloss, could be nice in hand.

I completely agree... same goes for the Deer Hunter artwork. But I get the impression "stylish" isn't something most collectors like to see on a steelbook nowadays. I'd much rather have artwork like this on a steelbook, than something like the overcrowded and over-Photoshopped 22 Jump Street art that was chosen by fans.

Reactions: vurt
I completely agree... same goes for the Deer Hunter artwork. But I get the impression "stylish" isn't something most collectors like to see on a steelbook nowadays. I'd much rather have artwork like this on a steelbook, than something like the overcrowded and over-Photoshopped 22 Jump Street art that was chosen by fans.
Deer Hunter art looks way better than this IMO.

Add a leg for crying out loud
the-graduate-movie-poster.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lolwut
It would be better if the title was centered and it had something that resembles actual artwork on the back.

Jesus what a load of crap! Just when you thought the bar couldn't be set any lower for steelbook designs...

Still it could be worse, at least they've copied & pasted a photo of Dustin Hoffman when they could have just done a hand drawn stick-figure to save even more time...

Looks like there re-releasing all there Digibook line in steelbook,bring on the elephant man.

Yep, here here :thumbs:

I seriously hope they do the full set - That Obscure Object of Desire, Ran and Le Cercle Rouge are another three greats amongs a raft of fine films. :drool:

p.s. Augustus - my pre-order for The Killing Fields is still active and Zavvi occasionally send me emails to apologize for the fact that it is delayed.
This has happened quite a lot. I seem to recall Beverly Hills Cop went on for months bwfore finally materializing, by which time I think many people had cancelled

Last edited:
Yep, here here :thumbs:

I seriously hope they do the full set - That Obscure Object of Desire, Ran and Le Cercle Rouge are another three greats amongs a raft of fine films. :drool:

p.s. Augustus - my pre-order for The Killing Fields is still active and Zavvi occasionally send me emails to apologize for the fact that it is delayed.
This has happened quite a lot. I seem to recall Beverly Hills Cop went on for months bwfore finally materializing, by which time I think many people had cancelled

I hope you're right and that "The Killing Fields" will eventually surface as a steelbook release. I did have it on pre-order from amazon.co.uk but they e-mailed me to say that its release had been cancelled. They also altered their listing of this title to a standard amaray only with the result that my order page linked directly to the standard edition. It was as though the steelbook listing had never existed. Shades of George Orwell! As I already had the recently released German blu-ray, I cancelled but I will double dip should a steelbook be back on the cards.

This is, in fact, the third release to be announced recently from the former "Studio Canal Collection" following on from "The Pianist" and "The Deer Hunter". If they continue with this trend, we can also look forward to steelbook releases of such classics as "The Lady Killers", "The Third Man", "The Trial", "Ran", "La Grande Illusion", et al.

I'd also make a plea for "The Killing Fields" which although never part of the "SCC", undoubtedly would have been had they not discontinued the series. Perhaps, Zavvi could release this title as one of their exclusives since the general steelbook release scheduled for next month has sunk without a trace.

Hopefully, they'll also get their packaging issues sorted out before these start getting shipped.

Bring on "The Third Man" and above all, "Mulholland Drive", but please listen to the comments/ criticism regarding the current batch of no effort minimalistic artwork.