The Graduate (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: September 15th, 2014 (was August 11th, 2014)
Purchase link: The Graduate (live on Sunday, June 15)
Price: £17.99
Notes: full gloss, limited to 2000 copies

more info to come...

GRADUATE_3D.jpg

GRADUATE_back.jpg

GRADUATE_inside.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 258
Last edited by a moderator:
Why do they keep releasing these films that have already been done and brilliant films which haven't get nowhere.

Why do they keep releasing these films that have already been done and brilliant films which haven't get nowhere.

You don't like old movies at all? The Graduate is a really good film. I personally like the fact they are going back and doing films like this. More options are always a good thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

In my opinion the last great Studio Canal catalogue release was 'There Will Be Blood'. They put a quote on the back of 'This is Spinal Tap' too, I'm really not a fan of that.

Deer Hunter art looks way better than this IMO.

Add a leg for crying out loud
the-graduate-movie-poster.jpg

The world was a very different place in 1967 when this was the poster art for the film on its first release. It would certainly make better artwork for the steelbook than that which has been chosen.

I venture to suggest, however, that in the current climate of political correctness gone mad, the original artwork would be considered sexist and an affront to the dignity of women.

Who says that the lunatics haven't already taken over the asylum?

Reactions: Pushing Tin
What a joke Studiocanal/Zavvi! They just keep pumping out these no-effort steels with black-and-white inside art and as little artwork as possible (a quote on the back is not artwork). I mean, is there any artistic reason for Dustin Hoffman being so small on the cover? Or is it just to save colored paint? Given their track record it'll probably be silver as well. The ONLY good thing about this is the gloss finish, which is a step up from their usual.

i have to say, the minimal design really works with this, in my opinion. some times less does work quite well. this does seem to work in the same way as the recent asian and american pulp fictions, although i can fully appreciate why some people don't like the way the artwork only takes up a small percentage......

Some of these older releases you wonder why not do something different with the artwork as opposed to the same thing all the time. A nice black case would have been good and a different image of Dustin.

Guys let's vote with out wallets this time and not order. I know it's tempting to order in the off-chance that the design gets changed but the retailer in question just assumes that they're selling and so NOTHING GETS CHANGED.

These shameful designs must stop, and this is the only way it's going to change.

Either way this is going to sell out eventually not fast but eventually will. I think they should start doing more votes about what the community want on most releases.