Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Purchase:
Zavvi - £174.99
Amazon - £180
Release: December 8, 2014
Notes: 12 discs
Available for the very first time in one complete set, THE HAYAO MIYAZAKI COLLECTION brings together all eleven magical feature films directed by the award-winning Hayao Miyazaki, from the flamboyant pre-Studio Ghibli Castle of Cagliostro, to the Oscar® winning Spirited Away, through to his final masterpiece The Wind Rises. This limited edition collection also includes an exclusive 90 minute bonus disc, an exclusive booklet exploring the films and style of Hayao Miyazaki plus new artwork designs including the Director’s own self-portrait.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like they're using the same design as the Japanese box. Interesting to see if the outer box will be plastic like the Japanese one as well. If it is the same, that's not a bad price at all. Add to that the UK Ghibli releases have English-friendly special features and generally more of them than the US releases.

Damn another one? I still think the German one is better looking. But I cant decide until I see some actual pictures and the finishes on the packaging (if there are any).
Anybody have any information on the subtitles for either this or the German version?I'll be staying away from the german one if it doesn't have any Eng subs.

Nice box set. I wonder what movies are going to be in the collection.
From the pictures and the short description, all 11 feature-length movies are included. Starting with The Castle of Cagliostro to The Wind Rises

Hot damn, that's gorgeous! @Noodles, do you know what the region code is on these?
Everywhere is stating Region B only, but we all know that's not always the case. I guess we'll have to wait until someone can actually test the discs.

Everywhere is stating Region B only, but we all know that's not always the case. I guess we'll have to wait until someone can actually test the discs.

Ah, such a shame if they're Region B only. It's too expensive for the packaging only... but damn is it some nice packaging.

Hi,

Is it possible to find this in stores on only online ? I don't trust much amazon UK to send this to me in one piece... Thanks.

Hi,

Is it possible to find this in stores on only online ? I don't trust much amazon UK to send this to me in one piece... Thanks.

It came to me inside the box from StudioCanal's distributor which was really thick cardboard and then was in another box from Amazon.

DAMAGED BOX SETS – MAJOR PACKAGING PROBLEMS WITH AMAZON UK

Just received my 4th box set (3rd replacement for damaged ones), another damaged one again, sending it back again, all my comments and photos are being ignored by Amazon UK, doesn't make sense to ignore the problem and me keep sending them back because Im not accepting damaged box sets after paying £180.

The ones that were sent previously were all damaged with bashed corners and edges, the same as this one but were at least inside a smaller and very tight manufacturers cardboard box and Amazon UK then placed it inside their own box with a little packaging on one side, but this one they sent they got rid of the manufacturers box ? inadequate and STUPID!

Has any one else suffered like me, please let me know.

DSC05910.JPG
DSC05911.JPG
DSC05913.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: WKRP
@rbfshr Thanks for the pics confirming English subs :thumbs:

@MRD I don't wanna order this yet after looking at your pics. Especially shipping back and forth if it came damagaed? Not worth it at all. Thanks for the info.