The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Blu-ray SteelBook)(Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

biscuitnoir

Steels/Slips/Cookies
Premium Supporter
Aug 21, 2011
Montreal, QC, Canada
Release Date: March 19th 2013
Price: 26.99$
Pre-order link: Future Shop.ca

m2204072.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics, looks a little better than expected. I probably won't get mine until Wed., but will likely be returning it anyway as I was able to get an order in on the Taiwan 3D steel. Futureshop is really dropping the ball lately by not putting the 3D copies in their steelbooks (when made in 3D). Maybe they should start offering a 2D only steelbook and a second steelbook with the 3D version in it as well :)

The inside looks cool but the front and back just look a bit dull in my opinion. I think i'll wait and see how those 3D Steelbooks with the alternate artwork turn out.

The inside looks cool but the front and back just look a bit dull in my opinion. I think i'll wait and see how those 3D Steelbooks with the alternate artwork turn out.

I have the UK steelbook on pre-order, but I also have a BF3 buddy of mine in Canada checking his local Futurshop for a copy...along with any other steels that may be laying around his store.

I have also thought of the Walmart Digibook, but since I have the LoTR BD's in steelbook form I thought I might as well get these in steelbook also. Although having the LoTR movies in steel and the Hobbit movies in digibook could be a good alternative.

Just received. :LOL:

Hi. I notice you have opened yours up so perhaps you can help me (us) out with a couple of questions I have.

There is a spot underneath the front of the j-card on my SB that is protruding. I am worried it might be a dent but I am hoping it could also just be glue. Did the front portion of your j-card have glue on it?

The back of the j-card appears to have a security tag underneath. Can you please confirm?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Just received. :LOL:

Hi. I notice you have opened yours up so perhaps you can help me (us) out with a couple of questions I have.

There is a spot underneath the front of the j-card on my SB that is protruding. I am worried it might be a dent but I am hoping it could also just be glue. Did the front portion of your j-card have glue on it?

The back of the j-card appears to have a security tag underneath. Can you please confirm?

Thanks!

Hi got mine in today and opened as well, yes two glue spots under front of j-card and security tag on back. Hope that helps.

Reactions: movieknight
I think the steelbook looks amazing. If i cant get the steelbook then ill just go with the regular slipcover.

My lone pre-order copy arrived today and I promptly returned it (along with the fugly Zero Dark Thirty). Not that it was terrible looking, but very disappointed it didn't include the 3D version. Now await my 3D-included TW version.

Bought it today in store since I haven't received my orders yet:
IMG_8300a.jpg

IMG_8300b.jpg

IMG_8300c.jpg

Haven't opened it since I noticed a paint chip on the corner... so before opening it, I'll exchange it when I receive my others... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up my copy today. Took forever to find a good copy. A lot of them had a minor dent on the bottom. Last time slashed spines on Argo now these. I don't know if they were in rush to get these out along with Zero Dark Thirty and Gods of War.