The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Ext. Ed.) (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FS Exc) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: November 5, 2013
Price: {param} 29.99$
Purchase link: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Extended Edition
Notes: G2 Standard Steelbook - 4 discs (2x 3D BD + 2x BD for special features)

m2207417.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
At least it's confirmed to be 3D only, which will suggest that the UK one even though being jumbo is going to be the one to get as it'll include 2D :)

Reactions: IRON MAN
Maybe is just me, but my PS3 has never given me an option of 2D/3D, but my Panny player does. I haven't picked up the Hobbit so I can't be much help here.

But I'll contact Future Shop because on the back, it clearly says:
"This Pack Also Includes the 2D Version, Playable on Your Standard Blu-ray Player."
But as I showed earlier, it doesn't... :naughty:

Img_4085.jpg

Img_4086.jpg

So the future shop version is actually the same with best buy USA version then. Only on the J-card the BB version doesn't say about the set include 2D for the movie. Or maybe the sign is referring to disc 3 and 4, which are actually indeed the regular blu-ray but for the extras.

But I'll contact Future Shop because on the back, it clearly says:

But as I showed earlier, it doesn't... :naughty:

attachment.php

Let me know how it goes Drum. Maybe they will give us 2D Disc Edition because of false advertising :O?

Someone know if the futureshop and the bestbuy edition are exactly the same, with same print / finish ? thank you very much !

Last edited:
Looks like this was removed from FutureShop.ca. The web page no longer exists.

They either sold out of it that quickly, or they had far too many people return to the store promptly with open packages to complain that the movie can't play on non 3D setups, even though the packaging claims it can be played on 'any blu-ray player', so Futureshop stopped selling it??

Reactions: nexor
Looks like this was removed from FutureShop.ca. The web page no longer exists.

They either sold out of it that quickly, or they had far too many people return to the store promptly with open packages to complain that the movie can't play on non 3D setups, even though the packaging claims it can be played on 'any blu-ray player', so Futureshop stopped selling it??

It stinks if it won't play on regular blu-ray players.