Netherlands
Release date: November 3rd 2014
Purchase link: Amazon.co.uk
Price: 90£
Extra info: Discs contain the theatrical edition

A1vmAAfNMOL._SL650_.jpg

4-jpg.110929

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looking at the listing, it doesnt say amazon exclusive for this so im betting its either the wrong artwork or wrong title.....cant see them making this as an exclusive for amazon.co.uk when amazon.com have the exclusive barrell edition + £90 is very expensive considering the US version can be got for around £60

The listed run time is the same as the standard edition so perhaps it will just be the standard edition and not the extended one.

I called Amazon today regarding this set and asked them to confirm that it was the extended edition included in the box. After checking with the 'relevant department' it was confirmed to be the extended edition.

I explained that everything appeared to be identical to the previous release and perhaps they could add a note on the site confirming that it includes the extended version. IMO I think that this is possibly surplus stock and the extended cut will replace the theatrical cut in the box. Watch this space......

Reactions: TeeTee
The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug - Extended Bookend Edition (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)

Release Date: 3rd November 2014
Pre-order link: HERE
Price: £84.99

67449903_500x500_1.jpg

Last edited:
I received an email from Amazon last week saying that there was a mistake in the listing and that it was actually only the theatrical version of the film.

Here's the email -

Hello,

We wanted to let you know that there was an error in the listing for "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Bookend Edition" when you placed your order #-----------------

It was listed as being the extended edition of the movie but it's actually the standard theatrical release.

We can certainly understand that this wasn't what you expected when you placed your order and understand if you'd prefer to cancel it. If you want to cancel an item or an order, please go to Your Orders at the following page:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/yourorders&tag=hidefnin-21

Click "Cancel Items", then select the check box next to each item you want to remove from the order. If you want to cancel the entire order, select all of the items and then click "Cancel checked items".

We're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Warmest regards

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

I got my copy the other day! From Walmart - the US version. $79.99

The Lenti slip was so beat up and scratched! The worst condition slipcover I have ever seen from a box set :(

Bookend are great though. Really heavy