Live 12pm UK time Black Friday 11/28

Release date: March 9, 2015
Purchase link: The Imitation game
Price: £19.99
Notes: Matte finish

11048000-1417112585-881497.jpg

11048000-1417112611-751436.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really disappointed with special features on this one. No deleted scenes, no cast interviews etc. Sainsbury's 2 disk special DVD release has more extras, but it's not a steelbook (and not even bluray :( )
Special Features: ‘Making The Imitation Game’ Featurette, ‘Alan Turing: Man & Enigma’ Featurette

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut
Special Features: ‘Making The Imitation Game’ Featurette, ‘Alan Turing: Man & Enigma’ Featurette
Yes, and Sainsbury's DVD has all that plus an extra disk with all the cast interviews. Would be nice if it was included in the bluray release.
And deleted scenes are available if you buy the film in iTunes.
IMHO, the market for this film is not big enough to do multiple releases with different extras.

I wasn't going to get this one unless it was a gloss finish because the artwork is just okay to me. Now I'm definitely passing, especially considering the messed up art.

Oh no,,,was looking forward to this arriving...

I liked the lamp at the top...

Might not seem much, but as the whole point of these special editions is them 'being special, of high quality and worth the extra money', it seems the profit machine is winning the battles lately... // bunch of expletives

Having received my copy, I am in agreement with the overwhelming majority here how poor the print job for this steel book is. I would go as far to say it's the most disappointed I have been with a steel book in hand (barring nicks and dings obviously). I am looking forward to watching the film, but I was swayed to go for the steel book based on the artwork, but it really does look that bad in hand.

I'm not normally a pessimist, but I am sure they went for a cheap printing finish to cut costs and maximise profits. They clearly have no interest in producing a steel book to be proud of.

The only reason I'm not truly angry about this is the fact that it's a one off. Had it been an edition in a particular series, that would have been unforgivable.

Studio Canal doing gloss finishes on catalogue titles only it seems. They did a brilliant job last year with 'Rush' but maybe they shouldn't have rushed this one (pardon the pun) and glossed it and perhaps used a higher res graphic.

I suggest take heed with your Zavvi pre-orders fellow Ninja's.