IMG_4482.jpg

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4484.jpg

IMG_4485.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4487.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That Only God Forgives is awesome.

It really is amazing, I'm not so sure about the movie though tbh! I think the success of "Drive" (which I love!) has gone to Winding-Refn's head a bit (I made the mistake of watching the great NWR documentary before watching the movie and it is pretty difficult to sympathize with him after that - I've never seen a more arrogant and less self-reflective director).

Maybe I need to watch Only God Forgives again a bit later on, upon the first viewing it was just highly stylized nothingness :(

Still, brilliant Digibook all around!! :scat:

It really is amazing, I'm not so sure about the movie though tbh! I think the success of "Drive" (which I love!) has gone to Winding-Refn's head a bit (I made the mistake of watching the great NWR documentary before watching the movie and it is pretty difficult to sympathize with him after that - I've never seen a more arrogant and less self-reflective director).

Maybe I need to watch Only God Forgives again a bit later on, upon the first viewing it was just highly stylized nothingness :(

I actually think it is the success of Drive that has gone to peoples heads... If you look at NWR's filmography I wouldn't say OGF doesn't fit in there. It's typical Refn-style tbh. :)

NWR movies are nothing for mainstream ****ers and just-collect-collector's-editions-but-don't-care-for-the-movies-collectors - point. Glad, I watched all his movies before and now am really excited for his newest masterpiece. ;)

I got that impression watching the interviews on the Drive Blu-ray. But I liked Only God Forgives, at least for the style.