The Lion King (3D + 2D Blu-ray Lenticular SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

HUBMUSWELL

#Metal Hunter
Premium Supporter
Apr 22, 2011
London, UK
Release date: December 23, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live October 15 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £24.99
Note: The Lion King 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition Steelbook (The Disney Collection #32) Blu-ray
Limited Edition 3,000

01.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps the ones that were matt back then (like "Fantasia") will be glossy now with the re-release then. :D

Ha, that did cross my mind. Or the matte art would be better. But then I like the matte dumbo, Peter Pan etc. I think they are decent

Ha, that did cross my mind. Or the matte art would be better. But then I like the matte dumbo, Peter Pan etc. I think they are decent

The matte is okay for them, just wished the slip would match the front of the steel rather just a blue colour front slip. Glossy just a magnet for scratches.

The matte is okay for them, just wished the slip would match the front of the steel rather just a blue colour front slip. Glossy just a magnet for scratches.

That don't bother me because I open everything. I put all j cards etc in a box.

To be honest the matte on the early Disney steels like dumbo and Peter Pan are not the best but where it's such bright and colourful art it works better, makes it less streaky for me than say a darker steel with streaky matte. Can see that so much easier on darker steels

It looks pretty nice but I'm happy with the original Zavvi exclusive. It would be great if Disney released the missing titles but chances are they just aren't that profitable which is why Disney keeps going back to the same old titles time and again.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash and Flloydo
It is a real shame they don't just continue with so many unreleased titles than start re-releasing :banghead:

Depends what you mean by finishing the collection. Not all the official Disney Classics are all out on blu ray, and I don't think they ever will be, especially the older ones. Unless of course you would only want certain ones in your collection and not the entire 54 classics. They're all out on DVD just not blu ray. Some have even been released on blu ray doubled-up which I'm not a fan of (i.e. The Rescuers & The Rescuers Down Under). A shame really.

Having spent the past year collecting all the Disney Steels I want (with the sole exception being The Lion King) I find this announcement extremely demoralising. And that spine title looks pretty shoddy.

It looks pretty nice but I'm happy with the original Zavvi exclusive. It would be great if Disney released the missing titles but chances are they just aren't that profitable which is why Disney keeps going back to the same old titles time and again.

Yep, but I don't think Zavvi can get away with re-releases for most Disney movies. Just The Lion King, maybe also Aladdin and Finding Nemo (some of the first Zavvi steelbooks that sold out years ago), Beauty and the Beast (with the live-action film coming soon a new steelbook for the 1991 animated film is bound to happen), Tangled and Frozen.

I doubt they'd be able to sell out other titles without price drops. I also wish they had released films like The Great Mouse Detective, Oliver & Company, Rescuers Down Under, Atlantis, Bolt and Winnie the Pooh first (2000-print runs at sensible prices could sell out imo) before resorting to this.

It's just very annoying when you have spent money on a set for them to just stop and start re-releasing, it's bad enough with Marvel but when they have released so many Disney ones, it's a real piss take :( Typical zavvi I guess.

Yes if we all had a crystal ball and could have known this would definitley occur then yes might not have bought the others but hindsight is a wonderful thing as they say lol :arghh:

Reactions: spookz