The Lord of The Rings (Extended Edition - 6 Discs) (Steelbook Boxset) [Korea]

rodtp

Premium Supporter
Feb 15, 2012
Sydney, AU
The Lord of The Rings (Extended Edition) (Steelbook Boxset - 6 Discs [Korea]

Release date: 2013-11-14

Purchase links:
There are 3 sellers on GMARKET with this edition listed.

KSTEELBOOK

Snip20131229_1_zpsba5061de.png

Snip20131229_2_zpsf0f65c18.png

Last edited:
These are the same as the ones released in Asia 1/2 year back, apart from the box: that one is new. I already have these ones (the HK version to be precise, and currently OOP). Despite some flaws, highly recommended.

Thanks for the pics Irvine. It's interesting that Ksteelbook has stated that the this edition has been released on 2013-11-14 but we haven't seen it before. Anyway I will change the OP.

I spot on the blu banners...

For these EE I'm still waiting for the day of proper releases I do like the artwork of US EE individual release (not fond of the "ring" cover) and of course without the blu banner... But not so sure that they would come...

Last edited:
Reactions: Menouthis
I spot on the blu banners... For these EE I'm still waiting for the day of proper releases I do like the artwork of US EE individual release (not fond of the "ring" cover) and of course without the blu banner... But not so sure that they would come...

Eww. Blu banners. The bane of every Steelbook (in addition to scratches/dents/dings). Thanks for the observation. I'm glad I saw your message first before hitting that purchase button.

Reactions: goufcustom
The only thing that's similar is the design of the slipcase. There are 9 fewer discs!

I know that ... But sitting side by side on my shelf all you can see it's the slipcase. The previous version most of the extra discs are DVD anyway. This is a cut down version with the steels inside. I'm in :thumbs:

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Would like to see pics of the individual steels!!

I believe the steels are the same we have seen on the individual releases. I don't see the studio releasing another steelbook version of the same movies only a few months later.

They're exactly the same as the 1st Korean release only this time it comes in a thin paper box haha. 2nd release without a nice thick carton box isn't worth getting it again.

Am I missing something here! :wtf:
These are the same 3 steels already released with blu banners and printed backs. And all they've added is that boring box with identical artwork to the UK box set.....:hilarious: :hilarious: :naughty:

WB......CASH COW......:ass:.....PASS...:movie:

Last edited:
Looks like steels are getting like amarays in Korea the way their getting churned out.

Sorry just had to drop that in.